Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vs Charmed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Angel.

The awful o’Irish accent he did. I watched Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Charmed always seemed like more of a woman in her 20s tv show, whereas Buffy had a universal appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Buffy for the story lines and events/acting. Charmed for the cheesecake

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Buffy

They were on TV one after the other on the same night if i remember rightly. My dad and my sister watched both, I watched charmed for about the first season but the hot girls could only sustain me for that long. Buffy kept me going the whole way through

Charmed had the better theme song though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Buffy for sure out of the two. The missus is rewatching Charmed on Netflix US at the moment and some of the episodes are eye rolling. Buffy had it's cringe moments too but there was more quality there.

Didn't really enjoy the character of Angel when he was in Buffy, but his own show was great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Buffy beats Charmed in all those categories for me.

Buffy V Angel would be a lot tougher. Buffy had some of the best episodes, but Angel was the better show overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I can't believe this is actually a question. The answer however is Buffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Charmed seemed to be aimed at the younger crew and is very like what Supergirl, Flash etc are these days. Whereas Buffy was definitely more mature, better storylines and characters. Buffy all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Buffy and Angel both very enjoyable, have watched them a few times.

Charmed not as good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Chalk and cheese, with Buffy clearly being the former.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Charmed was awful. Buffy was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

Angel.

Not Angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭lozenges

Buffy 100%. I genuinely find Charmed unwatchable.

lozenges wrote: »
    Buffy 100%. I genuinely find Charmed unwatchable.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Buffy was an excellently written and executed morality tale, complete with vampires, demons and ridiculously hot chicks.... charmed was a pile of shíte!

I think Angel had the edge on buffy though, particularly the later seasons. Must get round to watching them again, see do they stand the test of time.

Easily Buffy. Charmed was unwatchable, as mentioned above.

Spike the best male character. Cordelia the hottest woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Easily Buffy. Charmed was unwatchable, as mentioned above.

Spike the best male character. Cordelia the hottest woman.

Buffy, cordellia, faith, willow, they were all bloody hot. But then i was a hormonal teenager at the time!:D

Why are you not voting?

Rikand wrote: »
    I watched charmed for about the first season but the hot girls could only sustain me for that long.

Which girls are you referring too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Troyaferd wrote: »
    Why are you not voting?

You didn't post a vote, you posted a survey. Who cares that much?

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    You didn't post a vote, you posted a survey. Who cares that much?

I think it's more interesting, than just ask which one is better.

I think Angel had the edge on buffy though, particularly the later seasons.

One of the reasons that made Buffy great are the metaphors to real life, which worked much better in Buffy than it does in Angel. However I didn't like the 7th Season that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Buffy.
    Just have to watch things like the ending of I Was Made to Love You followed by The Body. "Mom? Mom? Mommy?"
    Or when the show is getting praised for the dialogue, they go and do an episode like Hush.
    And then we have Once More With Feeling which I really like.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Buffy.
    Just have to watch things like the ending of I Was Made to Love You followed by The Body. "Mom? Mom? Mommy?"
    Or when the show is getting praised for the dialogue, they go and do an episode like Hush.
    And then we have Once More With Feeling which I really like.

Also Restless, which I always thought is a hint to Twin Peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The character arcs in Angel and the over-arching stories were just an absolute joy imo, and why I think Angel was a better show overall than Buffy. Buffy had the better episodes, but when you consider the character arcs of Wesley, Cordelia and Fred, the multi-episode mid-season stories like Angel V Darla/Drusilla in Season 2, the return of Angelus in Season 4, Illyria in Season 5, Angel as a show always took the bigger chances and risks as a show and it almost always paid off. It had its misses too, no doubt. But it did far greater things as a show overall than Buffy did (though again, most of the best singular Buffyverse episodes would be from Buffy).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Considering how big a fan of Buffy I am, I'm pretty sure I haven't watched Angel in it's entirety. I thought the first season was really poor, Buffy season 1 poor. Think I jumped back in towards the end. Maybe some day I'll go fill in the gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Penn wrote: »
    The character arcs in Angel and the over-arching stories were just an absolute joy imo, and why I think Angel was a better show overall than Buffy. Buffy had the better episodes, but when you consider the character arcs of Wesley, Cordelia and Fred, the multi-episode mid-season stories like Angel V Darla/Drusilla in Season 2, the return of Angelus in Season 4, Illyria in Season 5, Angel as a show always took the bigger chances and risks as a show and it almost always paid off. It had its misses too, no doubt. But it did far greater things as a show overall than Buffy did (though again, most of the best singular Buffyverse episodes would be from Buffy).

I agree but i think Angel could take the risks as Buffy had shown it could be done

so I should have also included Angel in the poll

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

May I ask what the poll is for?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    May I ask what the poll is for?

nothing particular, why?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement