Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

There are element of his play that are lacking, there are some things that stander just doesn’t to but what he does he does well and consistently so, anybody would do well to point out a bad game that he had. Him and Conway were probably the only players that came back from japan who could have been anyway happy with how their tournament went personally.
    So only the two Munster players. Right.

In terms of reputations being enhanced nobody came away with more Larmour. Ringrose too until the New Zealand game where everyone was ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Stander was, unfortunately, one of many Irish players who performed consistently at least.

Many??. Yea right.

Clegg wrote: »
    So only the two Munster players. Right.

In terms of reputations being enhanced nobody came away with more Larmour. Ringrose too until the New Zealand game where everyone was ****.

Yea fair point add larmour to that list. But as you said everyone was ****e against NZ.

It’s a pity that the blue tinted glass are so well glued onto people’s faces on this forum, it means that a decent respectful and balanced discussion will never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

There really is nothing more ridiculous than whinging about bias on a rugby forum. If you think you're unbiased about anything in your life - the stuff you buy in the supermarket/the company you keep/what rugby player is better than another then you're absolutely deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

There really is nothing more ridiculous than whinging about bias on a rugby forum. If you think you're unbiased about anything in your life - the stuff you buy in the supermarket/the company you keep/what rugby player is better than another then you're absolutely deluded.

It’s only blue tint though no one else does it don’t you know.

• Advertisement

Stander was the only Irish player in Japan that performed consistently. YouR hatred of Munster is just sad.

:D:D:D

I don't think a Welsh fan has it in for Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

13 if i remember correctly .... @Twickenham ..... Gatland gradually diluted that team during what was a successful campaign ....

It was 14 and they beat England in twickenham.

There are levels of bias, I prefer coke over pepsi kinda thing Is one level but when you cant see anything wrong with one set of players because of the team they play for and equally can’t see anything positive about another because of the team they play for while discussing selections in a national context it’s a sign of simple stupidity.

:D:D:D

I don't think a Welsh fan has it in for Munster

Your not Ben whitehouse so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Many??. Yea right.

Consistently poorly. Stander is basically competent. Physically strong, makes his tackles (a rarity for a Munster 6) and that's about it. His carries are predominantly taking static ball into the nearest defender. He is a poor passer of the ball, and doesn't have great vision in attack. He's a slightly more athletic POC basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

There's bias for all supporters. I'm biased to Leinster/Ulster. I'm biased to my favorite players, Ruddock. Henderson, Dillane etc.
    It's hard to look at the overall picture without bias!
    But, looking at Munstet , it's not hard to see that they're underperforming and the core is quite poor. There's no bias in that! Just truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

There are levels of bias, I prefer coke over pepsi kinda thing Is one level but when you cant see anything wrong with one set of players because of the team they play for and equally can’t see anything positive about another because of the team they play for while discussing selections in a national context it’s a sign of simple stupidity.

The lack of self-awareness in this post is breathtaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Surely there is no bias going on. Quite a few Leinster supporters seem fully in favour of Munster or Ulster players like Conway or Cooney starting against Scotland.

Consistently poorly. Stander is basically competent. Physically strong, makes his tackles (a rarity for a Munster 6) and that's about it. His carries are predominantly taking static ball into the nearest defender. He is a poor passer of the ball, and doesn't have great vision in attack. He's a slightly more athletic POC basically.

Some lads are just needed to do the grunt work, CK’s Passing and vision are not his Strengths alright, but he is aware enough to know that And doesn’t try to force either, yet he is still the best option Ireland have for 8, Has the best stats for Carries and yards made and he will play there in the 6 nations.

Surely there is no bias going on. Quite a few Leinster supporters seem fully in favour of Munster or Ulster players like Conway or Cooney starting against Scotland.

You should try reading a few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,260 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Whoosh. I often berate you for a lack of subtlety TRoL, but that one was wasted it seems.

Dubinusa wrote: »
    There's bias for all supporters. I'm biased to Leinster/Ulster. I'm biased to my favorite players, Ruddock. Henderson, Dillane etc.
    It's hard to look at the overall picture without bias!
    But, looking at Munstet , it's not hard to see that they're underperforming and the core is quite poor. There's no bias in that! Just truth.

What has that to do with anything? So Munster are playing off the level that they aspire to??? We are talking about the inability of people to look at all player impartially, not the performance of one team. Get with the program there kid.

Some lads are just needed to do the grunt work, CK’s Passing and vision are not his Strengths alright, but he is aware enough to know that And doesn’t try to force either, yet he is still the best option Ireland have for 8, Has the best stats for Carries and yards made and he will play there in the 6 nations.

Is that so? What stats are these.

Is that so? What stats are these.

Most carries and yards made.(there was a big clue in the scentence)

No there wasn't. No stats or comparisons were made or linked. So no stats backing your assertion up. As usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭theVersatile

CJ played extremely well today - Murray was MOTM...
    That's all I'll say

prawnsambo wrote: »
    No there wasn't. No stats or comparisons were made or linked. So no stats backing your assertion up. As usual.

If you think I’m gonna waste my time posting a link to prove something that everyone (whose head isn’t in the blue sand box) who watches rugby knows you will be waiting.

Stander is head and shoulders above anyone else to start at 8 in the 6 nations.

CJ played extremely well today - Murray was MOTM...
    That's all I'll say

FWIW, I would start CJ. At 6. With Deegs at 8.
    And a form Murray on the bench would be comforting.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Post the stats.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Post the stats.

You don't need maths to prove that CJ is a highly effective carrier - trying to hide behind "but you can't use STATS to back your point" is complete bull, especially when we're trying to access the carrying ability of CJ bloody Stander.

If you think I’m gonna waste my time posting a link to prove something that everyone (whose head isn’t in the blue sand box) who watches rugby knows you will be waiting.

Stander is head and shoulders above anyone else to start at 8 in the 6 nations.
    Well if you won't back it up, the obvious conclusion is that you're making it up. And that's pretty obvious also because if you had researched it properly, you'd have the stats to hand.

So you're making it up.

Stats are like POM's unseen work.
    They cant be seen, so they can be claimed to exist, because it cant be disclaimed that they exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Buer

You do realise how difficult/costly stats are to obtain? You don't need maths to prove that CJ is a highly effective carrier - trying to hide behind "but you can't use STATS to back your point" is complete bull, especially when we're trying to access the carrying ability of CJ bloody Stander.

Statistics for carries and metres made are readily available on ESPN and the Pro14 site.

Stander carried 22 times for 43 metres today, for example. In his last Pro14 game (Connacht), he carried 17 times for 18 metres.

You do realise how difficult/costly stats are to obtain? You don't need maths to prove that CJ is a highly effective carrier - trying to hide behind "but you can't use STATS to back your point" is complete bull, especially when we're trying to access the carrying ability of CJ bloody Stander.
    Ever heard of ESPN scrum.com? Or the stats that are on all the various competition websites? Like the Pro 14 or the EPRC websites?

FREE.

• Advertisement

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Ever heard of ESPN scrum.com? Or the stats that are on all the various competition websites? Like the Pro 14 or the EPRC websites?

FREE.

So you could easily look up CJ Standers carry stats yet continue to turn a blind eye and disagree with opposing points because they haven't been landed on your lap?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement