Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,949 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Define 'grow up' for me. I've always wondered what exactly one needs to do to be considered grown up. Genuine question.

My intent is to die as young as possible as late as possible.

You know, having some grasp of civic responsibility, having to tidy up your mess after you now that you're not living with mummy and daddy anymore.

Shock horror, you've may actually have reproduced and you may have to be an example or be a role model.

That sort of grow the fück up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Absolutely. There was a time where going to the headshop after a few pints in the pub was the norm. Easier than having to arrange coke or whatever drug. A few of my friends have lasting side effects from that time, anxiety attacks etc.

Taking headshop drugs after taking alcohol is never wise.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

He's probably correct about the Thai attitude working to cut out drugs in the short term. Since most drugs are imported by water, the risks of being caught and killed would deter many suppliers. It's not like Thailand where their borders are connected with countries that produce drugs in large quantities. In the long term, drug importation would return because there are people here with the money to cover the increased costs of importing in spite of the risks.

However, it's a measure that would never be tolerated in Ireland. So.. naive rather than stupid (if he was serious in suggesting it)

As for being responsible for the clothes.. it's just a matter of selective morality.

Isn't there a Crystal Meth epidemic in Thailand? Yaba I think it's called. Read that years ago so maybe use declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Eh, does this refer to me? I'm only speaking of my own experience and said as much.

NO, tuxy who failed three times to back up the bath-salts accusagtion by making up a completely different claim and tryign to back that up.

Apologies.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Isn't there a Crystal Meth epidemic in Thailand? Yaba I think it's called. Read that years ago so maybe use declined.

The major problem with drugs in Thailand is the sharing of needles with the passing of HIV, rather than direct issues with drugs themselves. Their war of drugs didn't really work, simply because there's too many ways for drugs to be brought in, and the users simply went underground, which increased the amount of HIV transfers due to having less safe supports for addicts.

Thailand is one of those places where you'll find "pockets" of different drug epidemics. Love the place to visit (nope, not the sex element) but the drug culture is really weird compared to many other places. Not somewhere I'd get high and feel even remotely comfortable, although heading into a sparsely populated area is still worth doing, if you enjoy cannabis, which is one of the few drugs "kinda" tolerated.. there's plenty of older people who use cannabis so it's ignored a little in the sticks.

No idea about Crystal.. I tend to avoid people who deal with that kind of drug. It tends to bring out behavior I don't enjoy being associated with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You know, having some grasp of civic responsibility, having to tidy up your mess after you now that you're not living with mummy and daddy anymore.

Shock horror, you've may actually have reproduced and you may have to be an example or be a role model.

That sort of grow the fück up.

Ok, so being able to look after yourself and have kids is a sign of growing up. So those who decide to not have kids, or can't, haven't grown up? What about the adults who lost a lot in the crash and are still recovering from it and live at home?

Actually, I'll start a separate thread on it, because I'm genuinely intrigued as to what people consider 'growing up' is, and don't want to derail this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

drugs are bad mmkay

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Blazer wrote: »
    that's what users would have you believe.
    It's all the government's fault.. not the users who have created a demand for the drug.
    Has the war on drugs created a disaster = Yes
    Have the demand by users created a disaster - Yes.
    Both are equally to blame.

no no no, see humans like to get high and blow off some steam, always have and always will, thats a really simple fact that all reasonable human beings are well aware of, especially those that have a hand at allowing criminals to continue operating in the market, fun fact is some of them even get high, the war on drugs is a sham

Drumpot wrote: »
    What do you think of the way Portugal and Switzerland address the problem? I gather a bunch of people will set off to google to try and find the most negative aspects of decriminalising drugs but the fact that they have to disappear off and search for it shows how much they really understand on the topic.

I've met the doctor that was tasked with creating Portugals decriminalisation and the country never looked back since it was introduced, they're all far better off since, if boardsies come back with any negative aspects as some sort of lame attempt at discrediting the initiative just ignore the thicks, they haven't got a balls notion what they're talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

fatknacker wrote: »
    The psychopaths who groom and recruit young boys from disadvantaged areas have blood on their hands. Literally. People who consume drugs illegally have no other ways to get them.
    And if it weren’t drugs they’d be selling something else that the public want but cant access.

I'd be careful about throwing around the word psycopath tbh. I imaigne they think they're giving the young boys a shot at a job and other mental gymnastics.

sorry for the comment, but let's not get American where everybody who is anti-society is a psychopath :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i find drug classifiaction stupid, like simple magic mushrooms that grow all over the place here come autumn, are in class a cat same as coke or heroin. where reality is the two are like earth and moon apart. completely different uses, and def not anywhere cat A.

many mention portugal - but they still have issues, most roma gypsies etc flinging crap **** around for tourists, grand in most cases its just scam and rip off. also interestingly its really hard to score weed in likes of Portugal, Spain on the other hand, took nice approach and created weed clubs, safe environment and isnt really much publicized. now i do know people are allowed to grow few plants for themselves but it would be rare seeing em sold by locals, not that its not happening but think most came to senses whoever wants to chill on their own time.

issue with coke - its not simple chemicals theres petrol acid used to extract it so def not a clean in any way, plus its used for crack coke to target low income demographics.

we do see US managed to implement good amount of states where weed is completely legal now, and some of the states managed to lock in millions from year one in revenue from legal sales.

where most say if it was heavily taxed, that black market would still exist i doubt that many people who smoke occasionally actually would rather spend for quality source, then someone off street.

anyhow as one poster said war on drugs never worked never will.

think if alcohol would be discovered now, by many it would be seen as destroying substance as many above, and most likely prohibited and we all know how that worked out.

Hah what a load of bollocks - what establishments have you been frequenting where this is the norm as you’d have people believe?

A lot of sensationalist nonsense being spouted on this thread, betraying the total ignorance of posters on the topic at hand.

get to fück questioning me on this, you clearly haven't a notion what you're taking about, cocaine is everywhere and yes it is very easy to find a bag or a bump upon entering pubs/clubs, more often than not it will find you and not in a bad way where some dodgy scumbag is trying to push drugs to get ya addicted type of scenario, its a very sociable drug among many ya know, but on the flip side not every single person entering a bar or club will be offered and please don't be insulted but it may have a lot to do with you looking like a dry ****e that would point ruin a good night out so i goes you'll not be invited into the party, get over it lol

christ i remember hitching a lift one time around 2004/2005 and on my way into town with the stranger driver we end up talking about sessioning, few minutes later we're pulled in outside the door of my mates house and the driver offers a line for the craic, sound enough to drop me to the door and then to put the icing on the cake, that was 15 years ago, if you've never been offered then i guess you've probably always stood out as a dry ****e, even in your younger years lol

eviltwin wrote: »
    Never had, never will have it. Maybe its a maturity thing, maybe it's because I'm a parent but the idea of putting drugs into my body never appealed to me. Too much risk involved. I hope I've done a good job with my kids that they would feel the same.

so what will you do if/when your kids experiment? please do yourself a favour and don't blame yourself, have some cop on, not all drug use is nefarious and can actually be used to enhance well being, learning about yourself, letting go of past or present stress or painful memories, or ya know heaven forbid if somebody smokes a j or drops a pill soemtimes at the weekend or on holidays/away at a festival to unwind

- MDMA is currently being used to successfully treat PTSD
    - There are so many stories of people taking mushrooms and their lives changing completely for the better because of it, and is also used to treat OCD, long-term cluster headaches and anxiety/depression
    - Cocaine is a good topical anaesthetic and can be used to treat IBD and chronic headaches
    - Morphine is basically heroin, and people have used small doses to get off prescribed painkillers, like Vicodin, Percocet, Oxycotin, etc.
    - New studies show Ketamine could be used to treat depression (it aids in the growth of brain synapses)
    - LSD (acid) can be a viable form of treatment for alcoholism
    - Cannabis: Such a massive list of it's potential (and anecdotally proven) benefits (search "Charlottes Web" or "Medical Marijuana and Parkinsons Part 3 of 3" on YouTube)

mdma and magic mushrooms are doing more in one session than 20/30 years of psychotherapy :)

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Listening to a bloke at work saying 5 young people have died from drugs primarily cocaine in a small village in county limerick in the past year where he is from .
    Fine Gael don’t seem to give a fcuk about crime

sure the toilets in the dail have all tested positive for cocaine, maybe it's time for a different approach and diverting much needed budgets towards real education and rehabilitation for those that develop problems using any drugs, including alcohol btw

Imagine actually putting random **** into your body, AND willingly giving money to subhuman drug dealers.

Inb4 'hurr u drink beer! Dats just as bad!' No, it's not the same.

no you're right, drinking alcohol is not the same, it used to be in a place called america when bootleggers controled the production and supply, do you understand now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

pure.conya wrote: »
    sure the toilets in the dail have all tested positive for cocaine...

Ah, but you see, it was in the guest toilet near the guest bar, so it was obviously a guest that was doing it, couldn't be our upstanding politicians! Anyway, why the hell does the Dail have a bar? Madness imo, get rid of it. If they want a pint, go to a pub or hotel and pay the normal price like everyone else, instead of a lower (albeit not as low as it used to be) price. Not like ye can't afford it...

Anyway, let's go the whole hog and demand weekly drugs tests for all elected officials. I'd imagine the place would be decimated in a matter of weeks.

It agrees with others and doesn't.

I hate cannabis, I smoked it for years and it made me anxious, and paranoid from smoking it long term.

It shouldn't be legalised imo. Also makes people very lazy and generally lose brain cells.

lazy brain dead idiots the lot of them

https://herb.co/news/sports/gold-medal-olympians/

A ban pint gives me a hangover. A bad pill kills you. Not the same.

ya and when the americans took the bootleggers business away with regulation then alcohol because much safer again,well i say safer, but the fact is that alcohol features in a very high percentage of all physical/sexual abuse and accidents, next

Yep, headshops did nasty stuff. Even the long term addicts used to say it was much worse than the illegal stuff. Unfortunately, I still indulged and that was my demise as ultimately they led to a 6 year heroin habit.

so you never took amy drugs at all before the head shops came along? you started using heroin after they closed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

lazy brain dead idiots the lot of them

https://herb.co/news/sports/gold-medal-olympians/

No need to be so smart. I have my opinion, you have yours.

:)

Ketamine is where its at. Ha!

Wise words. Death penalty does.

no it doesn't so stop posting rubbish, death penalties and actual life in prison without the chance of parole doesnt even deter humans wanting to get high

No need to be so smart. I have my opinion, you have yours.

:)

Ketamine is where its at. Ha!

only one of us is right though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

only one of us is right though

Im not talking to someone who believes one opinion is right. That's the whole reason it's an opinion.

Im not stubborn enough to demand my opinion is right.

I never said to the users. Users really need to take a long hard look at themselves though what the impact of their using is. Of course everybody says it’s only bit of a laugh and everybody does it anyways, so what’s the harm? If there was no using there would be very little violent crime , and no they shouldn’t be legalised.

if there was no prohibition and budgets/man power were redirected towards education and rehab there would be practically no harm or violent crime as a result of drug use, then we could tackle the legal taxable alcohol that features in most physical and sexual assaults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

so you never took amy drugs at all before the head shops came along? you started using heroin after they closed?

Eh, no to both......

I did when I was younger. Was around for the early raves and MDMA. Then stopped for a decade as had a good job and new mates and drink was the main thing for them so followed suit. Then the head shops opened. Then the heroin habit - shops were still open at this stage but I was psychologically broken from them.

No it's not. Face it, pills and other drugs are never going to be legal. But hey, keep playing Russian roulette with your mdma that some retard made in his room.

Feels good to be an adult and not have to get of my head to enjoy life.

i think you'll find that pills and "other drugs" have never actually been closer to being legalised, again, but allowing for your extreme ignorance of a subject you clearly have no knowledge of you should check out the drugs research going on at the moment in Berkeley and other renowned institutions across america and elsewhere that are finally being allowed to research very beneficial drugs such as xtc, magic. mushrooms and even a certain horse tranquilliser that we put up our noses occasionally, you couldn't have been more wrong bless you

How sure are you of this?

As far as I recall, it was a lot of scaremongering from people who had no idea what they sold.

its an absolute fact, my mate opened the first one in Galway and we've all had plenty of time to research how the producers in china and new Zealand created slightly new chemicals by changing original drugs at a molecular level so as to not exactly be the illegal drug anymore and instead have a different makeup but as similar as possible effects as the original drug

if you want to know what random chemicals can do to innocent people looking to get high then read about the house of horrors party that emergency personal needed counselling for afterwards, its rough reading, give me some regular run of the mill cocaine, mdma, speed, lsd/mushrooms or ketamime any day

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/health-news/it-like-scene-csi-were-7210611

fash wrote: »
    A question for those in favour of legalization: what do you think of pregnant women doing the legalized drugs under your preference?

pregnant women should never do illegal drugs, or most of the legal drugs for that matter, even the milder ones, they shouldn't eat soft cheese or ice cream, or deli meat either...

• Advertisement

tdf7187 wrote: »
    I didn't realise this. Naively I thought the headshops were selling comparatively harmless stuff and were threatened out of business by heavy duty drug dealers. Sounds like the heavy duty drug dealers for once did society a favour.

oh they were definitely targets of hefty drug dealers alright, thats a fact, also hypocrite celebrities such as Gerry Ryan pontificated on-air about them and participated/organised protests outside some of them, no doubt getting nods from his cocaine dealers for it

Advertisement