Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Basq wrote: »
    https://www.techhive.com/article/3433518/anker-soundcore-life-q20-review.html

"A volume rocker on the right earcup has an integrated play button that lets you play and pause music and answer calls. You can also engage the headset’s “BassUp” bass-boosting feature by double-pressing the play button, or you can long-press it to summon Siri or Google Assistant. Next to the volume rocker is a Micro-USB charging port and a 3.5mm audio jack for wired listening using the included 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable."
    Would this be it?

Ha I didn't know about that and didn't have it on. When turned on the bass is silly loud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

glasso wrote: »
    certainly quicker than other geekbuying warehouses going on this experience in any case. processing time to dispatch has been fairly slow when I ordered from them in the past but I'm fairly sure that it was a different warehouse.

Shipped...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Looking for some on ear headphones.

Any recommendations?

Looking for some on ear headphones.

Any recommendations?

the one that some posters here have bought?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Headphones-Cancellation-Playtime-Black/dp/B07NM3RSRQ

going for £44 with the voucher tick under the price

Shipped...

2 day DHL delivery from Italy for such a cheap item is pretty incredible.

mine due to be delivered today, ordered on Monday.

that's way faster than amazon prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Do let us know how you find it. Interested in getting one of these.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Do let us know how you find it. Interested in getting one of these.

volume range is huge - max volume is way louder than you would actually use.

bass is strong - to the detriment of the mids and highs a little (normal tradeoff) but overall good sound quality

touch control when the buds are in place is a little fiddly as they are so small but the basics such as music start/stop, answer reject call, next track, call up voice assistant is fine with a couple of mins practice. also has volume control from the buds and it's also not bad with a bit of practice. strangely next track and volume up go through the left and reverse on the right.

true mono is available as the buds pair individually.

range is good over bluetooth 5 - easily 10m.

stability of connection - v. good.

call quality good

overall recommend based on early impressions.

2 day DHL delivery from Italy for such a cheap item is pretty incredible.

mine due to be delivered today, ordered on Monday.

that's way faster than amazon prime

And they have arrived... unreal shipping

And they have arrived... unreal shipping

Quick overview

Impressed, great fit, easy to pair( it did seem to 2nd pair with my iPhone , I disconnected and reconnect and it seemed to appear as new set)

Sound very good. Using touch on side is fine, the touch part is at the back so I use my thumb to do gestures. Used them on a webex call and all good.

For the price, impressed. And I know that the in ear are fine for me. May look at a bigger brand like Sony now.( have vouchers for Curry’s)

Thanks to the poster who recommended them. Great shout

DT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Ordered the Anker Soundcore Q20 for about £40 at the weekend.. meant to be solid, not "Bose solid" but great for the price!

Did these arrive yet Basq? I am selling my Mixcder Hd401 and going to buy a pair of the Anker - Reviews look solid and noise cancellation will be good for flying as i do a good bit of travelling for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ They arrive tomorrow.. will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Gun Monkey

these have gone up to 27 sterling on amazon but you can get them for just over 27 euro all-in delivered from geekbuying using the italy wareshouse option so given that you had to use addresspal on amazon means that it's overall a fair bit cheaper. I've just ordered a pair.

note that these earphones also have clear voice tech for phonecalls which comes with the qualcomm chip also.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tronsmart-Spunky-Beat-Bluetooth-5-0-TWS-Earbuds-Qualcomm-420153.html

The cheap shipping doesn't seem to be working anymore, says 2 euro on the product page but when you go through to checkout it has changed to 28.05 or 35.29 for the Italian delivery options? Am I doing something wrong?
    Edit: that's excluding the item itself, ie- total over 53euro Inc shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Anyone have any good recommendations for earphones for running?

Currently have Motorola Verve Buds 200 but the buds keep getting stuck in my ear. Could also be buds too big themselves

Gun Monkey wrote: »
    The cheap shipping doesn't seem to be working anymore, says 2 euro on the product page but when you go through to checkout it has changed to 28.05 or 35.29 for the Italian delivery options? Am I doing something wrong?

Something not right. Just done it again now and it’s fine. Have you selected 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Gun Monkey wrote: »

I was having the same problem. I think I had to register an account prior to purchase for it to work

Ordered the Anker Soundcore Q20 for about £40 at the weekend.. meant to be solid, not "Bose solid" but great for the price!

How would these compare ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077TRXYCN/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_jBniEb48J6CNE

brightkane wrote: »
    Did these arrive yet Basq? I am selling my Mixcder Hd401 and going to buy a pair of the Anker - Reviews look solid and noise cancellation will be good for flying as i do a good bit of travelling for work.
    Arrived today.. very impressed!

Noise cancelling from a quick use is very good. Feel solidly built, foam cups are very comfortable and sound is crisp and clear.

On the negative side, BassUp feature is poor (headphones have enough bass without it.. possibly better on bassy tracks with no vocals with definitely loses clarity substantially with it enabled), and also they just about fit into the case provided with them.

Two fairly small minuses.. but they are well worth the money IMO.

Arrived today.. very impressed!

Noise cancelling from a quick use is very good. Feel solidly built, foam cups are very comfortable and sound is crisp and clear.

On the negative side, BassUp feature is poor (headphones have enough bass without it.. possibly better on bassy tracks with no vocals with definitely loses clarity substantially with it enabled), and also they just about fit into the case provided with them.

Two fairly small minuses.. but they are well worth the money IMO.

Cheers basq.

I ordered at lunch time.i might look at AliExpress for a hard case for them .

Could only find the one case on AliExpress: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000210896252.html

Few more options on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=life+q20+case&ref=nb_sb_noss

Could only find the one case on AliExpress: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000210896252.html

Few more options on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=life+q20+case&ref=nb_sb_noss

Worth a punt ?

US $7.20 30%OFF | Hard Headphone Case Pouch Travel Bag for Marshall Major I Major II BT MID
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_rI97Dp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

54and56 wrote: »
    Just ordered the 79's which come in at €60. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081RCZ6F9/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_JCngEbWH9B8CX

The reviews are very good, what swung it for me is the call quality.

Have these a few days now.

- Form factor is superb.
    - Case is tiny and battery life is excellent.
    - Fit is secure and comfortable.
    - Sound is robust. I'm not an expert but these sound much better than any tws I've had before. Much closer to over ear headphones I've owned.

- I'm saving the best until last. The sound quality on calls, both inbound and received by the other person is on par with a well placed wired microphone.

I started a call at my desk in a quiet office, walked outside to my car, drove 20 minutes home, spent another 5 minutes on the call at home and the person on the other end experienced little or no discernable background noise and had a good quality experience all the way through.

For the price these are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

the one that some posters here have bought?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Headphones-Cancellation-Playtime-Black/dp/B07NM3RSRQ

going for £44 with the voucher tick under the price

Thanks!

I gave them a go. Seemed pretty much perfect for what I wanted and reviews seem solid for the price. Ordered on Wednesday and Amazon got them to me on Friday which is crazy good shipping.

Just listen to them around the house but they sound good but turning off the "BassUp" mode (double press the pause button) is a must

They seem super comfy on the ears too.

No complaints so far. We will see how they handle a long bus ride on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Had the Tiso i4 for 6 months now and looks like the right speaker has gone bust. Ah well they done a decent job for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

.. but they sound good but turning off the "BassUp" mode (double press the pause button) is a must
    The BassUp feature was real miss IMO.. but other than that, they're fantastic!

Discodog wrote: »

Can't comment on those but I have these for the gym which are similarly priced, have USB C charging, over ear hooks and have a higher IPX7 rating. I am very happy with them, they have great sound and a very comfortable secure fit. Can't really comment on call quality as I haven't actually made or received any calls with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

54and56 wrote: »
    Can't comment on those but I have these for the gym which are similarly priced, have USB C charging, over ear hooks and have a higher IPX7 rating. I am very happy with them, they have great sound and a very comfortable secure fit. Can't really comment on call quality as I haven't actually made or received any calls with them.

Item on your link doesn’t deliver to ROI or NI, how did you get them?

Item on your link doesn’t deliver to ROI or NI, how did you get them?
    Can't speak for OP but using AddressPal allows delivery to mainland UK (London depot) and then they'll forward it here.

Can't speak for OP but using AddressPal allows delivery to mainland UK (London depot) and then they'll forward it here.

This. Increasingly need to use AddressPal for anything with built in batteries. Adds about £6.50 to the overall cost. PITA!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

The BassUp feature was real miss IMO.. but other than that, they're fantastic!

I can't believe I have bought another pair of earphones, but if Basq says it's a bargain I'm in. I ordered on my prime account and they are delivering to my home address in Dublin.

Advertisement