Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

vgf1995 wrote: »
    Cheers! Ordered those with addresspal. Hopefully they'll be here for christmas
    looks decent specially charging phone buds case, but no PW/NI address accepted :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

scamalert wrote: »
    looks decent specially charging phone buds case, but no PW/NI address accepted :cool:
    Good luck with AdressPal they are a disaster . I will never use them again Parcel motel way better option .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

fck me was looking at anker buds set, besides being out of stock on cheaper version cant even get it sent to ire or NI on top wtf :confused:
    looked at few power banks same no go at all, i know those are batteries etc but how the fck one is supposed to get stuff like that.
    used prime free to get couple sonic toothbrushes as gift - went trough fine, even thou its same **** battery powered, as see amazon is completely pulling mickey with restrictions yet if battery is part of item bundle like a drill etc they will ship no problems, single battery good luck :/ any other options as need few bits as gifts and looks like best chance will be to use ebay, shopping late as usual but seems way worse this year then any previous ones :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

scamalert wrote: »
    fck me was looking at anker buds set, besides being out of stock on cheaper version cant even get it sent to ire or NI on top wtf :confused:
    looked at few power banks same no go at all, i know those are batteries etc but how the fck one is supposed to get stuff like that.
    used prime free to get couple sonic toothbrushes as gift - went trough fine, even thou its same **** battery powered, as see amazon is completely pulling mickey with restrictions yet if battery is part of item bundle like a drill etc they will ship no problems, single battery good luck :/ any other options as need few bits as gifts and looks like best chance will be to use ebay, shopping late as usual but seems way worse this year then any previous ones :/

I'm sue address pal (an post) has a london address

• Registered Users Posts: 15,826 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Del007 wrote: »
    I'm sue address pal (an post) has a london address

Getting late to use AP or PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You can also order from Amazon.de

If you are getting multiple items, you can get them consolidated in mailboxde.com if they don't arrive as one, but the shipping for the lot of them should be relatively cheap.
    I think a powerbank and earbuds would be less than €10 delivered.
    Pretty fast delivery. Should be in time for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

blowin3 wrote: »
    Good luck with AdressPal they are a disaster . I will never use them again Parcel motel way better option .

+1, I bought an item that was delivery to AddressPal on 11th Nov and I still haven't received it. Countless emails and phone calls to AddressPal since with me doing all the chasing. They requested all sorts of details such as courier used and even a screen shot of the signature they gave on accepting the item which I had to get off the supplier and still nothing. Have only ever used them once previously a couple of years ago and there wasn't any major problems but boy when there are problems they're incredibly incompetent.

I use ParcelMotel all the time including the oversize depot and never any major problems. However they really need to get a mainland UK address and there are an increasing amount of UK suppliers refusing to even ship to Northern Ireland, it's very frustrating.

Apologies for the rant. Back on topic I've had my eye on these for a while with an alert set at £25 but still waiting. There's a cheaper option available with 15hrs playtime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphone-Automatic-Isolation-Luxury-Black/dp/B07P1T5P97/ref=sr_1_5?crid=31CAN5RV24DT5&keywords=true+wireless+earbuds%2C+soundpeats+truefree+%2B+5.0&qid=1576445097&sprefix=SoundPeats+Truefree+5.0+%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

glasso wrote: »

Hi all,would be interested in getting these as part of my Xmas Pressie for OH.....

Am next to useless when it comes to technology and believe it or not have never ordered anything....yes anything off likes of Amazon!.....where’s as the missus has courier vans with path worn to the door with stuff!:)

Have a Paypal account but could someone please give me heads up on steps needed to order things like these headphones off internet.....quite literally a dummy’s guide needed:)
    Do I need to set up a different type of payment account....or pay by credit/debit card?
    How can you get them shipped to R.O.I.?
    Would they get here for Xmas would you think if ordered tomorrow?

Thanks for any advice or tips on the right way to go about ordering things like this and how you get around fact it might say the goods are not delivered to Rep of Ireland.
    If ye get me started it would be a big surprise for herself that I managed to order them online !;)

Thanks again.....apologies for long post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

You will have to create an account. Best bet is to take a months free trial of amazon prime but cancel it after or it well auto renew after a month. There is lot's of tv shows and movies to stream aswell as premier league football over the next month.

After you create an account (email and password required) you add the item to basket and checkout. You can't use Paypal so you must add your debit/credit card as payment. Pay in sterling as it should be cheaper than the euro price. If you have a Revolut card this is the cheapest option for foreign exchange. Choose free priority shipping and should have it within a few days.
    Not all items will ship to ROI so if it doesn't you may choose something else or use a parcel forwarding service like Parcelmotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,826 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Any recommendations for the following:

Not a tight in ear fit.
    Ear hooks
    Long battery life

I finally found a FM radio that can work with Bluetooth headphones.

• Advertisement

Tennmak are having a sale on their memory foam tips. I bought one pair of these for $9, they are selling 3 pairs and a case for $6.99.
    1. TENNMAK EXCLUSIVE
    2. Material: Memory Foam
    3. 4.5mm foam for 4.6mm-5.5mm nozzle earphone
    4. 4.9mm foam for 5.0mm-6.1mm nozzle earphone
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000493425366.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Suckit wrote: »
    Tennmak are having a sale on their memory foam tips. I bought one pair of these for $9, they are selling 3 pairs and a case for $6.99.

Link?

gar wrote: »
    Link?

Sorry, that would help, wouldn't it.. :o
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000493425366.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi. Looking for a cheaper alternative to Apple Airpods for my teenage son for use with his iphone 7. I see some come up over and over again on this thread, Creative Outlier Air, Tiso i5 and Xiaomi/Redmi Airdots. Any others I should look at?

Ideally we would like them for Christmas, but could possibly wait till after.

Totally clueless about these "true wireless headphones", so appreciate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

does anybody know whether i need eartips with a 4.5mm or 4.9mm middle for the outlier airs?

does anybody know whether i need eartips with a 4.5mm or 4.9mm middle for the outlier airs?

Pretty sure they take the 4.9mm, but you may want to double check. I think they take the same size as the Jabra elite 65T, which is an awkward fit to find and fit into charging case.

Suckit wrote: »
    Pretty sure they take the 4.9mm, but you may want to double check. I think they take the same size as the Jabra elite 65T, which is an awkward fit to find and fit into charging case.

I finally found a ruler in the office and they are 5mm wide so i'll be getting the 4.5mm size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

What do you think of the Outlier Airs. Would you recommend them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

gooner99 wrote: »

I wouldn't. I'm on my second pair and have had problems with both. I'll be sending this pair back also.

First pair had the disconnection issue that so many others had. Was given replacement and they connected perfectly. Everything was fine for a couple of months. Couldn't have been happier with them. Then the volume started to drop on one side and eventually on both sides. Then it would come back and suddenly drop out again..

So frustrating as when they were working properly they were fantastic. Great sound. Great battery life. They fit really well and don't budge even when I'm doing circuit training in gym. Very little latency issues at all when watching videos.

Such a shame.

gooner99 wrote: »

overall, no. I had the dropout issues initially but i changed phone and it is now not as bad. still not as good as it should be for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

So the Haylou GT2 I ordered on Black Friday were delivered today. Overall I like the look and the fit. Black looks so much nicer than the ubiquitous white. Had an issue with connecting the first time but switching on and off resolved it.
    I am no audiophile and the sound quality is decent but a bit on the tinny side. Point of reference is the standard wired Apple Earphones. I have better headphones but not comparing with those. Still not a bad purchase for the €20 odd I paid for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

Sony WH-CH700N Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones on Amazon for £71.10. Looks like a good price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-WH-CH700N-Bluetooth-Cancelling-Headphones-Black/dp/B078VGQCZ4/ref=sr_1_20

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

+1, I bought an item that was delivery to AddressPal on 11th Nov and I still haven't received it. Countless emails and phone calls to AddressPal since with me doing all the chasing. They requested all sorts of details such as courier used and even a screen shot of the signature they gave on accepting the item which I had to get off the supplier and still nothing. Have only ever used them once previously a couple of years ago and there wasn't any major problems but boy when there are problems they're incredibly incompetent.

I use ParcelMotel all the time including the oversize depot and never any major problems. However they really need to get a mainland UK address and there are an increasing amount of UK suppliers refusing to even ship to Northern Ireland, it's very frustrating.

Apologies for the rant. Back on topic I've had my eye on these for a while with an alert set at £25 but still waiting. There's a cheaper option available with 15hrs playtime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphone-Automatic-Isolation-Luxury-Black/dp/B07P1T5P97/ref=sr_1_5?crid=31CAN5RV24DT5&keywords=true+wireless+earbuds%2C+soundpeats+truefree+%2B+5.0&qid=1576445097&sprefix=SoundPeats+Truefree+5.0+%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-5

Just to update, these are deal of the day down to £23.82 so will be pulling the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭pedatron

Just to update, these are deal of the day down to £23.82 so will be pulling the trigger.

Ordered and used addresspal. Won't have them for Christmas which is a pity but a great price! Like you said Parcel Motel need to get a UK address. So many things won't ship from the UK anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭corkie

garo wrote: »
    So the ones I ordered on Black Friday have arrived in the country as of yesterday (10th) . Now the nail-biting warehouse wait.

Did it arrive? You might get lucky and have it delivered next Monday?

Edit: -

If you like the look and size of the discontinued 'Tiso i5', Treblab XFit is a clone of them.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Ordered as well (first time using address pal). Cheers for the update! Don't mind not having them for Christmas but fingers crossed I get them in early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

ciara1052 wrote: »
    Ordered as well (first time using address pal). Cheers for the update! Don't mind not having them for Christmas but fingers crossed I get them in early January.

Just got an email to say delivery failed. Has anyone ever had that issue with addresspal?

ciara1052 wrote: »
    Just got an email to say delivery failed. Has anyone ever had that issue with addresspal?

Can't say I've seen that one, this is only my 3rd time using AddressPal mind. Tracking on Amazon shows my purchase was delivered to AddressPal at 19:31 on Fri 20th Dec (I got a promotion of trialing AmazonPrime for 30 days hence the same day dispatch). No contact from AddressPal since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

So what I've learned from this thread basically no wireless headphones on Amazon deliver to Ireland and thats the same even through parcelmotel in ni.

Advertisement