Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

The walkers crisps are a bargain in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Got a box of mixed Walkers Crisps for €3 in Tesco the other day. 25 packs in each box.

The 18 pack Tayto box, I noticed has increased to €5 in Dunnes from €4.
    Tayto Cheese n Onion, and Variety box (18) still €3.95 in my local ALDI

• Registered Users Posts: 23,612 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco batteries aaa 4pack 39c

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Tayto Cheese n Onion, and Variety box (18) still €3.95 in my local ALDI

€1.99 in Lidl on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Lyons teabags
    , 3 x 240 for €12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

audi02 wrote:
    Lyons teabags , 3 x 240 for €12

That's the aunties sorted for Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CH3OH wrote: »
    3for €10 on a range of sweets etc Until 24th
    nothing very exciting (some way overpriced to start with)
    3 boxes of teasers or Terry's to stop the fighting
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32762061
    Yeah the prices were not that great.

2x6 walnut whips for €10, its €1.50 for 6 in dealz so less than half the price of their offer.
    https://www.dealz.ie/walnut-whip-6-pack

and they do have the walnut in dealz now, some still do not. Malteasers and terrys chocolate orange stuff is usually cheaper per gram. I also prefer the smaller packs as they get demolished once opened regardless of size.

Jacobs Afternoon Tea Biscuits 1Kg
    Special OfferSAVE 4.00 Was 12.00 Now 8.00
    valid from 18/12/2019 until 24/12/2019

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mega jumbo 9kg 130-wash boxes of Persil Non-Bio for €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

3 for 10 on Barry's and Lyons tea, 25% off wine, 20e for gin, veg 59cent as well, thought Xmas sweets tubs would be reduced but not so far

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

A lot of confectionery and chocolate reduced...

https://pricescanner.ie/tesco/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

laros wrote: »
    A lot of confectionery and chocolate reduced...

https://pricescanner.ie/tesco/

never saw that site before, showed in google but I never clicked.

Anyways, the offers on the tesco page say they do not start until tomorrow (obviously closed so on stephens day)

valid from tomorrow (25/12/2019) until 8/1/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

do not start until tomorrow

correct... my bad... 75% reductions on tesco fresh stock hit at 3pm today.... heard staff discussing it earlier today...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Turkeys half price

vicwatson wrote: »
    Turkeys half price

Just got my turkey, ham and tubs of sweets reduced by 75%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

laros wrote: »
    correct... my bad... 75% reductions on tesco fresh stock hit at 3pm today.... heard staff discussing it earlier today...

Wish I had have seen this earlier, I was doing the reductions in my shop... Never told til 4 aaagh...

Just got my turkey, ham and tubs of sweets reduced by 75%
    I was in Tesco Wexford at 5 - if there were serious reductions in turkeys, hams or sweets very few knew about it. There were no signs up, and while there was a completely unintelligible announcement on the Tannoy that might have said this, I saw nobody reacting and heading towards the turkeys. When I left about 5.30 there was a stack of turkeys and hams unsold. Even the usual "salmonella corner" was poorly stocked and nothing more than the usual maybe 20% discount.
    I thought I'd pick up some high quality mince pies (the cheap ones this year are ****e) at reasonable prices - there were none reduced, at Tesco, Dunnes, LIDL or ALDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Half price poultry in my local and at 6pm, tons of stuff with 26th date on them still at full price. They'll have a big garbage bill this week.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Half price poultry in my local and at 6pm, tons of stuff with 26th date on them still at full price. They'll have a big garbage bill this week.
    Unless the local manager wanted more stuff to go to the food warehouse people?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Unless the local manager wanted more stuff to go to the food warehouse people?

I'm not in a city plus it was all party food and yule logs etc. The kinda ****e that would make you sick if you ate too much of it.

Tesco Dundrum was giving away stuff for absolutely nothing, the ques were terrible tho, but the customers were delighted to get there Xmas meal sorted at a really low price, every second person had turkeys and hams... I couldn't believe my eyes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Rubbish reductions in my local. I was there at 5pm on the 26th and they'd turkeys expiring that day reduced to €79 :eek:

Roses, QS etc for €3

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

123654789 wrote: »
    Rubbish reductions in my local. I was there at 5pm on the 26th and they'd turkeys expiring that day reduced to €79 :eek:

Roses, QS etc for €3

I was in the Galway store around 11am on the 26th, all turkeys and turkey crowns were being reduced to 75% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Asking19302

Tesco in Omni had a great deal this morning. For €6 you had a choice of any five items in the freezer. They had chicken nuggets,garlic bread, piazza,ice cream etc. My freezer box full so had to pass by.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tesco in Omni had a great deal this morning. For €6 you had a choice of any five items in the freezer. They had chicken nuggets,garlic bread, piazza,ice cream etc. My freezer box full so had to pass by.

What brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

It's not a great offer. Total normal price for the 5 items is €7 odd

Not online? Link?

Bananas 5 Pack €1.99 €1

Tayto 6pack, Oreo, Cadbury chocs,
    3 for €4

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gallagher73

Nescafe Azera coffee 3.30 (half price)

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    Bananas 5 Pack €1.99 €1

€1.99 for 5 bananas seems a bit high? ALDI/LIDL are about €1.37 for 6, maybe 49c or 79c during specials?

Advertisement