Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A private contractor for ~£1000 a day seems ball-park to me.
    It's what you'd be paying your accountant or your plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Degag wrote: »
    £400 is really not very much taking expenses into account.

In essence he is a private contractor/consultant not an employee. If he was an employee of the BDO i'd agree with you

I wish I get £400 a day!! Get the bus, ham sammich, bottle of fizz. At least £300 in my hand. Sweet. He needs to catch himself the feck on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Liamalone wrote: »
    I wish I get £400 a day!! Get the bus, ham sammich, bottle of fizz. At least £300 in my hand. Sweet. He needs to catch himself the feck on.

Get onto Des and offer your services!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

Liamalone wrote: »

You forgot sleeping in the car and washing himself down the swimming pool

Hes working on tv , not doing mc down at local bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

sc86 wrote: »
    You forgot sleeping in the car and washing himself down the swimming pool

Hes working on tv , not doing mc down at local bingo

Nicholson and Studd seem happy enough with with ?

• Advertisement

What have they got to do with anything ?

What have they got to do with anything ?

Well it's just Mason kicking up a fuss, other commentators seem ok. Mason was also the one to let everyone know on twitter. The mans just a drama queen always looking for attention then cries when he gets it.

John gwynne only other confirmed for bdo worlds.

He puts everything on twitter , wouldnt do it myself but dont get the hate because he is well paid , fair play to him if he can get it

John gwynne only other confirmed for bdo worlds.

He puts everything on twitter , wouldnt do it myself but dont get the hate because he is well paid , fair play to him if he can get it

Paul Nicolson is confirmed too. Got mixed up between Studd and Gwynne. Yeah masons a tit, nothing about how much he earns or thinks he should earn.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Mason is a prick and always has been but he is entitled to charge whatever he wants for his services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'm no mason fan,but that's 1200 before tax,which means 600 ish in the UK I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

He’s a decent commentator, that’s his price take it or leave it, simples

TbL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

nannerby wrote: »
    Mason is a prick and always has been but he is entitled to charge whatever he wants for his services.

MOD NOTE: Settle down on the name calling. I'll be fishing out cards if it continues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

damn right he can charge what he wants....totally agree

however genuine facts like his criminal past are not allowed on here it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

damn right he can charge what he wants....totally agree

This is a darts forum not a criminal past forum. Whatever he has done in his private life matters fcuk all on here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Because this is a darts forum, not a tabloid newspaper. No one cares.

statto25 wrote: »
    This is a darts forum not a criminal past forum. Whatever he has done in his private life matters fcuk all on here.

so a present day itv darts commentator threatening to slap news paper reporters for a darts story is not dart news ?

wow

I dunno,maybe it's just you..your posting style. Maybe.

I dunno,maybe it's just you..your posting style. Maybe.

Maybe,....a case of judging the poster than the post. Would have thought it was worthy of a discussion in a darts general chat thread.

seemingly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

In fairness it is a general chat thread for darts..no one complains when taylors misdemenour is brought up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

In fairness it is a general chat thread for darts..no one complains when taylors misdemenour is brought up.

Yeah, except this doesn't happen only in the general chat thread.

I'd also rather not to be reminded that Adrian Lewis carries a few extra few pounds or frankly disgusting comments about Dave Clarke and Kevin McDine and others on a daily basis either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

if true that is not just taking the piss, but an insult to toip ten players who never got that type of preferential treatment.

Sexism in full view

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

It’s a joke but how is anyone surprised, money talks!!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Why would she bother going back to playing in the ladies tournaments at this point?

NDWC wrote: »
    Why would she bother going back to playing in the ladies tournaments at this point?

The so called bdo "fanatic" those fans who claim to be fanatics yet wont buy a ticket to attend bdo events are crying on their fanatic sites over Sherrock saying her priority is returning to Ally Pally next year and PDC q-school.

Her failure to mention the bdo rubbish has them seething with some saying she should withdraw :D

Gona be some come down for her playing bdo worlds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Remember some poster got laughed out of it on the world champs thread for suggesting she'd get a place..

I can see why hardcore fans may not like this, but the PDC and sky are absolutely laughing all the way to the bank with the publicity she has brought and will continue to bring. It's a complete no brainer in a business sense. $$$ talks

I was in a crowded pub last Saturday and everyone was glued to her match. She's been all over the internet and TV the past week or so.

I'd say her phone is absolutely blowing up for reality TV, chat show interviews, appearances etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

NDWC wrote: »

No idea. She's as marketable as a bloody love island contestant nowadays :D

Pity for her she's just a few months late for Strictly and I'm a celeb but I'm sure she'll still get a call next year

Advertisement