Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Its pretty shocking that they haven't paid out the masters money yet. I saw something this morning that said they've sold 1963 tickets for the worlds so far they'll need to up those numbers lively.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Its pretty shocking that they haven't paid out the masters money yet. I saw something this morning that said they've sold 1963 tickets for the worlds so far they'll need to up those numbers lively.

9% of tickets sold overall

11% of tickets to the final sold.

Stevie Wonder can see Des the Liar is utterly useless

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

9% of tickets sold overall

11% of tickets to the final sold.

Stevie Wonder can see Des the Liar is utterly useless

He's too busy promoting darts trips to Torremolinos and North Cyprus to worry about promoting the World Championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

moving it from lakeside was final nail in coffin , this year will cripple them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Olly Croft, founder of the BDO, passed away today.

He turned 90 only a few days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anyone been to darts in 3 arena

Going booking tickets this week to the premier league in February - any advice on where to sit or any other advice

Never been to any darts before

Going with partner

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone ?

I don't think it really matters as you are not going to be able to see the board anyway.

I'd probably go for the tables if available though at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bassy

roll on the 13th xmas at the ally pally oi oi oi :)

MOD NOTE: I've moved the BDO related posts from this thread to the BDO thread, it's easier for people to keep track of the utter disaster of the BDO if they are all in the one thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Kingp35 wrote: »
    MOD NOTE: I've moved the BDO related posts from this thread to the BDO thread, it's easier for people to keep track of the utter disaster of the BDO if they are all in the one thread.

Not surprising to see we're better organised here than the BDO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Olly Croft, founder of the BDO, passed away today.

He turned 90 only a few days ago.

I would say the BDO will be joining him soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone know if there's many Irish going to Q-School in January?

Anyone know if there's many Irish going to Q-School in January?

I don't think the entry list has been released yet.

I don't think the entry list has been released yet.
    Oh, I know. But was wondering if there'd been murmurs.

Keane Barry anyway surely?

Keane Barry anyway surely?

I reckon he's a certainty as he gets to enter for free due to his Development Tour ranking.

John O'Shea is going to Q-School, per Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Some real upsets so far Michael Smith gone Rob Cross gone some real talent coming through Woodhouse in particular looked good, It's great to see Irish darts going so well Teehan as very assured up on the big stage for the first time. On a side note Barney was an absolute disgrace and it's just as well he's retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,148 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will we see a change to the Premier League for 2020 ??

Double start like the Grand Prix would make it a little more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

No way that's happening, I would love to see a 1001 format brought in for a tournament, first to 3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Great start lennon, I know they've got to promote the cricket but what was that?

• Advertisement

So des jacklen is posting crap on dart forums given out about bdo hate last night

Chris mason wont do bdo worlds as he was doing it at cut price to help them out , then they tried cut it again , bdo board member goes on a forum to post his rates

This just in one day!

sc86 wrote: »
    So des jacklen is posting crap on dart forums given out about bdo hate last night

Chris mason wont do bdo worlds as he was doing it at cut price to help them out , then they tried cut it again , bdo board member goes on a forum to post his rates

This just in one day!

Seen that. Mason wanted 1200 a day they were only willing to pay 400 a day. Nice little earner 1200 a day for 8 days

Thats going rate and what he gets elsewhere
    Nice money

This just in one day!

Professional as always from Des.

Thats going rate and what he gets elsewhere
    Nice money

More than most of the players would earn.

US2 wrote: »
    More than most of the players would earn.

Kinda irrelevant really. They have the potential to earn quite a bit more. Many people in "normal" jobs would have daily rates not far off 1200.

I doubt Des is paying expenses so Mason would have to pay for travel, food and accommodation in London out of 400 quid. Wouldn't be left with much!

Degag wrote: »
    Kinda irrelevant really. They have the potential to earn quite a bit more. Many people in "normal" jobs would have daily rates not far off 1200.

I doubt Des is paying expenses so Mason would have to pay for travel, food and accommodation in London out of 400 quid. Wouldn't be left with much!

The 1200 I was talking about. Nearly 10k for a week on the beer watching darts. Yes it is irrelevant really, just surprised it's that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Degag wrote: »
    Kinda irrelevant really.

Errrrrmmm, hardly. Who the f does he think he is? I'm sure he knows more about the actual craic than anyone on here, yet 400 a day isn't good enough lol. Needs to realise his station is what I'm thinking, if what I'm reading here is any way true.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Errrrrmmm, hardly. Who the f does he think he is? I'm sure he knows more about the actual craic than anyone on here, yet 400 a day isn't good enough lol. Needs to realise his station is what I'm thinking, if what I'm reading here is any way true.

£400 is really not very much taking expenses into account.

In essence he is a private contractor/consultant not an employee. If he was an employee of the BDO i'd agree with you

• Advertisement

400 without expenses is crap and when your doing it for 400 for bdo , itv will turn around and say hang on why are we paying him 1200 if hes doing it for 1/3 elsewhere

Advertisement