Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

the lazy ex postman and proven liar showing his laziness again and opts out of the GSoD qualifier

I wont miss him when he is gone

Justin I've pretty lenient recently regarding your posts but I'm getting a little fed up now. There's no need for the constant insults directed at the players. You can criticise them all you want without resorting to childish name calling.

Cut it out, we have a higher standard on this forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Justin I've pretty lenient recently regarding your posts but I'm getting a little fed up now. There's no need for the constant insults directed at the players. You can criticise them all you want without resorting to childish name calling.

Cut it out, we have a higher standard on this forum.

Where are the insults ?

Lets see I called him Lazy which is a fact, look at his attendance record for events, and he has missed over 60% of events.

I called him a Liar...again this is a proven fact, Barney openly promised on twitter in the past he would do the full tour, and then did not .
    This happened 2 years running, he lied. A person that lies multiple times is called a Liar.

Lastly I called him an ex postman...again another fact. That was his job before he took up darts full time.

Are you saying this forum does not allow its members to speak the truth and genuine facts ?
    Do you know the difference between factual statements and insults ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Where are the insults ?

Dude, I silently appreciate your input on this forum, but as a lurker I have to say you have overstepped the line recently. None of my bees knees but I like contradicting myself :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Are you saying this forum does not allow its members to speak the truth and genuine facts ?

I am clearly saying you can post without calling people liars, lazy etc. This forum has higher standards than that.

You have also posted about other players such as 'fatpot Lewis' and 'vermin Price'.

There's absolutely no need for it.

This is the last I'm saying on the matter. Anymore and you'll be taking a break from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Where are the insults ?

Lets see I called him Lazy which is a fact, look at his attendance record for events, and he has missed over 60% of events.

I called him a Liar...again this is a proven fact, Barney openly promised on twitter in the past he would do the full tour, and then did not .
    This happened 2 years running, he lied. A person that lies multiple times is called a Liar.

Lastly I called him an ex postman...again another fact. That was his job before he took up darts full time.

You are forgetting back to back Champion of the World.

Back problems and 2 small children, one less than 2 year old, is the reason why he is missing so many tournaments. He was open about it.

• Advertisement

Carpentry wrote: »
    You are forgetting back to back Champion of the World.

Back problems and 2 small children, one less than 2 year old, is the reason why he is missing so many tournaments. He was open about it.

Wrong.

Barney has openly claimed in December 2017 that he would do the full pdc tour. He made that announcement just before the entrants for the 2018 Premier league was announced, so he would curry favor.

Sure enough he got an undeseved wildcard, and promptly dtopped attending most events , the event he promised to do.

December 2019 he repeated the trick and announced he was doing the full tour, lied yet again and as soon as he was given yet another undeserved wildcard.and again missed most events, lost in one event on tv , cried and like a child announced his announcement.

Then Barney had the gall to complain he was not in as many comps as Taylor was in his last year, and could not comprehend Taylor was in more because Taylor qualified for them, something he did not do because he had not entered them.

it is oVer 12 years...TWELVE YEARS since Barney won a major pdc ranking tv title. He got favoritism in the PL.

I am curious how genuine facts like these constitute abuse.
    is the truth not allowed on here ?
    Must history be changed because some people had their feelings hurt with the truth ?

Wrong.

Barney has openly claimed in December 2017 that he would do the full pdc tour. He made that announcement just before the entrants for the 2018 Premier league was announced, so he would curry favor.

Sure enough he got an undeseved wildcard, and promptly dtopped attending most events , the event he promised to do.

December 2019 he repeated the trick and announced he was doing the full tour, lied yet again and as soon as he was given yet another undeserved wildcard.and again missed most events, lost in one event on tv , cried and like a child announced his announcement.

Then Barney had the gall to complain he was not in as many comps as Taylor was in his last year, and could not comprehend Taylor was in more because Taylor qualified for them, something he did not do because he had not entered them.

it is oVer 12 years...TWELVE YEARS since Barney won a major pdc ranking tv title. He got favoritism in the PL.

I am curious how genuine facts like these constitute abuse.
    is the truth not allowed on here ?
    Must history be changed because some people had their feelings hurt with the truth ?

Thought you were talking about Gary.

Carpentry wrote: »
    Thought you were talking about Gary.

I clearly mentioned Barney in the post you replied to initially.
    Not sure if you just decided to ignore it, or did not see it and made a defense to a post you had not even read correctly.

This is another example of people judging the post rather than the actual post

the lazy ex postman and proven liar showing his laziness again and opts out of the GSoD qualifier

I wont miss him when he is gone
    Where are the insults ?

In the first post you didn't mention any name, I was referring more to the first post. I have overlooked Barney being mention in the second one.

Anyway, he has even more titles than Gary.

Everyone is trying to tell you, that your attitude stinks from a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

grand slam of darts draw and thread up

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058028365

• Advertisement

He won the Grand Slam in 2012 and the Premier League in 2014 although to be fair I wouldn't count the Premier League as a major despite what the PDC say.

I agree he has been a major let down the last few years. He has always had an attitude problem, losing the head and sulking during matches. He seems to be happy to have qualified for the worlds and has no interest in playing any other competitions.

If Barney had a better attitude be would have won a lot more titles in the PDC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Willie couldn't have asked for a better draw, Brendan too should be happy enough. Tough one for Steve giving the form he's in .

https://twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/1191705618954014720?s=19

Number of Tickets sold for the BDO World Championships

Monday Afternoon - 26
    Monday Evening 35
    Tuesday Afternoon - 14
    Tuesday Evening - 24
    Wednesday Afternoon - 27
    Wednesday Evening - 39
    Thursday Afternoon - 46

This could very be cancelled. No sponsor yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I think Group H would be the so called group of death.

US2 wrote: »

Monday Afternoon - 26
    Monday Evening 35
    Tuesday Afternoon - 14
    Tuesday Evening - 24
    Wednesday Afternoon - 27
    Wednesday Evening - 39
    Thursday Afternoon - 46

It's terrible alright. I think the floor part of the venue holds 850, they would want to be selling at least 500 per session for it to look remotely good on TV.

I can't see it being cancelled, Des Jacklin is too committed, even if it ends up bankrupting the BDO.

They need to release the schedule of play asap to try and sell more tickets. The total lack of promotion and the crazy ticket prices are not helping the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

It's terrible alright. I think the floor part of the venue holds 850, they would want to be selling at least 500 per session for it to look remotely good on TV.

I can't see it being cancelled, Des Jacklin is too committed, even if it ends up bankrupting the BDO.

They need to release the schedule of play asap to try and sell more tickets. The total lack of promotion and the crazy ticket prices are not helping the situation.

A Friday evening at the European Tour trophy in Gibraltar is going to look positively packed compared to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Monday Afternoon - 26
    Monday Evening 35
    Tuesday Afternoon - 14
    Tuesday Evening - 24
    Wednesday Afternoon - 27
    Wednesday Evening - 39
    Thursday Afternoon - 46

Jesus Christ absolute suicide moving from Lakeside

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Jesus Christ absolute suicide moving from Lakeside
    careful....criticizing flaws, pointing out truths and highlighting the flaws might upset some. :D

He won the Grand Slam in 2012 and the Premier League in 2014 although to be fair I wouldn't count the Premier League as a major despite what the PDC say.

I agree he has been a major let down the last few years. He has always had an attitude problem, losing the head and sulking during matches. He seems to be happy to have qualified for the worlds and has no interest in playing any other competitions.

If Barney had a better attitude be would have won a lot more titles in the PDC.

The Slam in 2012 and the PL are NOT ranking titles....which my post clearly stated.
    The PL which is a non ranking invitational will never be a true major.
    The only thing major about it is the money and exposure.

As for Barney attitude problem, its sheer laziness but mentioning it seems to upset some

careful....criticizing flaws, pointing out truths and highlighting the flaws might upset some. :D

acting like an a hole might upset some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I think Group H would be the so called group of death.

Yep and group E looks competitive too

TbL

There's a big BDO tournament on below in Killarney this weekend I see. Be good to see the "I can throw better, pub darts" crowd go down and see how far they get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

There's a big BDO tournament on below in Killarney this weekend I see. Be good to see the "I can throw better, pub darts" crowd go down and see how far they get

Yeah looks a really interesting tournament to be fair a few of the lads are doing exhibitions I think as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

bassy wrote: »
    Its not hate from me as he was always a favourite of mine.hes just no where near the great player he was.

I would say if hes pulled out of the slam,then i say hes seriously focused on the worlds.

Same i think hes best to watch when on fire but it looks sadly like his best is behind him and lacks the motivation.
    I cant blame him , hes won everything and is getting on in years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

I see the proper masters trophy was presented tonight by des , bit late now.
    He looks like hes on the sun beds.
    Need to be on something to be shifting that woman of his.

Anyone know where you can buy Willie o Connor darts ? Nearly shur he's with Winmau but can't find them anywhere

Keane Barry loses in the final of the Czech open. Not a bad week for him after getting to the final of the Irish open too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭shockframe

Keane Barry loses in the final of the Czech open. Not a bad week for him after getting to the final of the Irish open too

Just caught up with it there.

Unlucky not to hit 160 and 170 checkouts in the final. Throws a bit too fast and darts land very awkward but whatever works for him. Montgomery scored better in the deciding leg.

A very good final. More enjoyable than Grand Slam tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anyone been to darts in 3 arena

Going booking tickets this week to the premier league in February - any advice on where to sit or any other advice

Never been to any darts before

Going with partner

• Advertisement

Des the liar jacklin in yet another public spat on facebook.

This time with Paul Butler,

Des the liars comments:

I’m posting this publicly because I cannot keep letting people like you get away with these comments directed at me as they bring the BDO into disrepute and my good name.

I get NOTHING at all financial out promoting or running any BDO competition. Fools like you think they know but clearly know ZERO what we are doing for the BDO.

You and others reading this may think I should leave this alone or if something should be done do it legal, I personally (after speaking to people that know you) don’t think your worth ANYMORE of my time).

I will be passing your name and details along with these screenshots to the BDO disciplinary officer and INSISTING that you are dealt with .

Simply not putting up with his type of posting from anyone anymore ,

DES

This comment from Paul:

The post that caused this hilarious response was on the London Superleague group when I said he might want to concentrate on paying the Masters money out and selling some tickets for indigo rather than promoting Torremolinos, wonder why that is, nothing to do with personal profit surely? Even added "allegedly" underneath.

----

Des threatening to haul people in front of a disciplinary committee is priceless.
    A committee that is as useless as des and the bdo.
    How come Des is not in front of this committee, for rigging draws to give preferential treatment to his wife ?
    Or making up false names to fix draws.
    Or for not paying out the money for the masters almost 4 weeks ago
    or for his scumbag wife for the video when she threatens people
    I could go on for ages....

Advertisement