Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SiobhanR086

Dunno where I have been placed. They emailed me looking for my current employer but when I rang them asking like when I’d be starting she said they didnt know. Like I’ve to tell me current employer I’m leaving and I need a reference but I dunno when I’m actually leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Hi, is there anybody else who done the interview back in May '19 and was assigned to the guards but is still waiting to be passed through the vetting stage? My brother is in that situation, been waiting over 6 months now and still no word. Starting to worry, every time he rings PAS they tell him theres no news

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Gaffer78 wrote: »
    Hi, is there anybody else who done the interview back in May '19 and was assigned to the guards but is still waiting to be passed through the vetting stage? My brother is in that situation, been waiting over 6 months now and still no word. Starting to worry, every time he rings PAS they tell him theres no news

He has to go through enhanced vetting and there is a massive backlog. Hed be better off contacting Garda HR in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greengrass123

Yes, was interviewed in may and assigned to AGS vetting only completed last week and had a message on public jobs to say I have been assigned to a job and HR would be contacting in the next few days to offer me a position. It has taken so long, I'm sure you will hear something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Yes, was interviewed in may and assigned to AGS vetting only completed last week and had a message on public jobs to say I have been assigned to a job and HR would be contacting in the next few days to offer me a position. It has taken so long, I'm sure you will hear something soon

Congratulations and well done.
    Good luck with your new role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SeanPadro

Dunno where I have been placed. They emailed me looking for my current employer but when I rang them asking like when I’d be starting she said they didnt know. Like I’ve to tell me current employer I’m leaving and I need a reference but I dunno when I’m actually leaving.

Just wondering what you did after? I got the phonecall same as you for references but no idea where job is. I am only interested in a job that is commutable for me so don't want to give current employer. Will it be ok to provide two past employers?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutt Love

Anyone any idea what dress code would be like for civil servant in garda station?

Mutt Love wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what dress code would be like for civil servant in garda station?

It's in the Garda staff handbook you'll get given. The models are in shirt and tie but the acceptable list includes jeans. Unacceptable is anything with a slogan on it, track suits etc. It's fairly broad in fairness. Slacks and a shirt would be my suggestion you'll look professional enough and be comfortable.

Mutt Love wrote: »

The dress code is clean and smart shirt and trousers - not necessarily a suit for fellas. Nothing too casual.
    For the ladies much the same but nothing too short or too revealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

Does anybody know how long it takes to get offered a place after they ask for your reference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Keeks101 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long it takes to get offered a place after they ask for your reference?

I was offered a position the following day after they rang my references

Keeks101 wrote: »

With in a day or two.

If they have asked for your references, they usually have some where in mind for you.

Jassgal wrote: »
    I was offered a position the following day after they rang my references

Yeah I should of been patient they got in touch yesterday 😂

With in a day or two.

If they have asked for your references, they usually have some where in mind for you.

I was offered the courts services. Anybody heard about anything from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Hi,

I accepted an Expression of Interest with the NSSO about 3 weeks ago. I was just wondering if any other EOE messages have been sent out to people on the main panel since that one?

I'm technically off the main panel as far as I'm aware, due to accepting the NSSO EOE, so I assume I would no longer receive these messages.

The reason I ask is that while querying with the PSA what accepting the EOE might mean I was informed that I was 86 on the panel and about 10 days ago when I rang again out of curiosity I was told I was number 65 (which was a shock as I thought I had jumped up the queue quite quickly) and I'm unsure as to whether or not it would takes EOE's to be issued and accepted before you start to move up towards the top of the panel.

Hygro wrote: »
    Hi,

I accepted an Expression of Interest with the NSSO about 3 weeks ago. I was just wondering if any other EOE messages have been sent out to people on the main panel since that one?

I'm technically off the main panel as far as I'm aware, due to accepting the NSSO EOE, so I assume I would no longer receive these messages.

The reason I ask is that while querying with the PSA what accepting the EOE might mean I was informed that I was 86 on the panel and about 10 days ago when I rang again out of curiosity I was told I was number 65 (which was a shock as I thought I had jumped up the queue quite quickly) and I'm unsure as to whether or not it would takes EOE's to be issued and accepted before you start to move up towards the top of the panel.
    I also expressed my intrest in the NSSO a couple of weeks ago and I just received a call Wednesday to arrange a start date. When I applied I was number 73 on the panel and was surprised to be called so quick, they seem to be flying through it. I'd say you wont be much longer behind! There not starting people until the new year now anyways, my start date is January 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I also expressed my intrest in the NSSO a couple of weeks ago and I just received a call Wednesday to arrange a start date. When I applied I was number 73 on the panel and was surprised to be called so quick, they seem to be flying through it. I'd say you wont be much longer behind! There not starting people until the new year now anyways, my start date is January 6th

Hey. That's great news for you!

Ironically after writing my post yesterday afternoon I received my e-vetting email yesterday evening!! I don't know how long that will take to process (about 2-3 weeks maybe?), so I would assume that I will get a call regarding contacting my references after that?

I also have to work 4 weeks notice from my current job, so I would be looking at February (if all goes well with e-vetting and references etc - can't see why it wouldn't) what with offices closing for Christmas and all that.

Hygro wrote: »
    Hey. That's great news for you!

Ironically after writing my post yesterday afternoon I received my e-vetting email yesterday evening!! I don't know how long that will take to process (about 2-3 weeks maybe?), so I would assume that I will get a call regarding contacting my references after that?

I also have to work 4 weeks notice from my current job, so I would be looking at February (if all goes well with e-vetting and references etc - can't see why it wouldn't) what with offices closing for Christmas and all that.

That's brilliant I hope everything goes quickly for you. From what I can remember when I filled out the e vetting form by email it was back within a couple of days then my references where rang that same week. I was offered two start dates one was 6th of Jan and the other was the 20th of Jan so if there in contact with you soon you might be in by January fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thebond

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Richiecor

Hi . Anyone that was provisionally assigned for clerical officer for AGS in March still waiting to be placed ? Refs were contacted over a month ago and still no sign of date or place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Richiecor wrote: »
    Hi . Anyone that was provisionally assigned for clerical officer for AGS in March still waiting to be placed ? Refs were contacted over a month ago and still no sign of date or place.

I know someone who was assigned to them after interview back in May and she’s still waiting to be placed. Got the call from public jobs about three months ago for a reference and she’s been dealing with Garda HR since then. Was given a start date in Dublin castle and told them she’d accept it as long as they clarified her pay. Tried to sort it all before she was due to start but didn’t hear anything back from HR until after she was meant to start, and they asked for documentation. She sent that on and again heard nothing back. Called them a few weeks ago and was told they’d be in touch but still nothing.

I think she was hoping to finish up with us at Christmas and start there in the new year but that’s looking unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Richiecor

Thanks for the reply ,
    9 month wait , with over a month since they contacted my references is a bit ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gracie21

Hi they've just called me to say they've reached my place and I also expressed interest in NSSO. The girl said the area I'm being placed in will arrange start date etc.. I asked if the area was NSSO as i'd asked for that and they said they would try and place my preference if a place available?? I thought I would wait on list until NSSO available. Confused now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Richiecor wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply ,
    9 month wait , with over a month since they contacted my references is a bit ridiculous at this stage.

Yeah it is ridiculous but you could have a bit of a wait yet if my colleague is anything to go by, their (or any) HR don’t really seem efficient at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smurf 2007

Does anybody know what number they are up to for interviewing for Dublin Last I heard they were at early 500

Has anybody ever heard anything about the court services? I’m starting the 6th of January but nobody seems to of heard anything about there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smurf 2007

Anyone any idea when the next batch will be called for interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rav2012

smurf 2007 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when the next batch will be called for interviews

530's were called last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Anybody here done an interview in the last few weeks??

I had been called for an interview 2 weeks ago but had to postpone due to illness. Have a rescheduled interview for tomorrow though. Really unsure as what to do as have been reading some other threads about the pay involved being about 400e a week after tax.

• Advertisement

ciano316 wrote: »
    Anybody here done an interview in the last few weeks??

I had been called for an interview 2 weeks ago but had to postpone due to illness. Have a rescheduled interview for tomorrow though. Really unsure as what to do as have been reading some other threads about the pay involved being about 400e a week after tax.

If you're lucky - I know clerical officers on nearer 350 than 400. I would look at the scale and see if your current career trajectory is the same as the scale, which you skip points 4 and 8 on. Bear in mind there is an excellent work life balance in the civil service and avenues for progression.

Advertisement