Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ciabris

Richiecor wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I was provisionally assigned for AGS in March , my reference was only contacted nearly 2 months ago and still not a jot on placement date and location. Realistically how long more should I be waiting? At this stage I am considering forgetting about it completely and seeking other employment in private sector. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I was assigned back in August for AGS. I definitely didn’t expect to be waiting this long for a placement. I emailed PAS before Christmas and was told I’m still currently going through stage 3 of vetting which involved a long process? Location can’t be disclosed to me either as I haven’t completed stage 3. I hope to hear soon as I will be taking up new accommodation in the next month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chris16

Keeks101 wrote: »
    I was offered the courts services. Anybody heard about anything from there?

Keeks,
    I would strongly advise you stay away from the courts. It is an absolute nightmare with nitpickers who watch your every move but will report back too for the most trivial things.

If you are already there then best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Richiecor

08122019 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am in a similar position. I was assigned back in may, finally cleared vetting in September and was given a start date for later in that month. There was an issue on their end and I didn’t start on the date I was supposed to and I was told I would be given a new start date but I am still waiting over 3 months later. I have contacted them plenty of times but have never had anyone contact me back, which appears to be a recurring theme reading through various posts on here.

The only reasons I haven’t kicked up more of a fuss are because I am also awaiting vetting/security clearance for another position with AGS (and it is going as well as this one) so I am hoping that will come up first. And someone in another topic said that most departments wind down at the end of the year and it takes a while before they get going again in the new year. I am going to give it until Friday week and then start making enquiries. If I don’t get any update I will ask public jobs if I can be reassigned.
    Any update for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

chris16 wrote: »
    Keeks,
    I would strongly advise you stay away from the courts. It is an absolute nightmare with nitpickers who watch your every move but will report back too for the most trivial things.

If you are already there then best of luck.

I've also heard some offices are like this but apparently some offices the people get on great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chris16

Yes some offices have horror stories but to be fair I have been in some great places too.

I guess its luck of the draw. We don't get to choose where we go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Am I right in saying that it would take 13 years or so to reach the highest pay grade as a regular clerical officer.

Hygro wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that it would take 13 years or so to reach the highest pay grade as a regular clerical officer.

Plus 3 years for LS1 and another 3 years for LS2. I was under the impression new entrants were meant to be skipping point 4 and 8 on the scale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Plus 3 years for LS1 and another 3 years for LS2. I was under the impression new entrants were meant to be skipping point 4 and 8 on the scale though.

****e! I don’t understand what point 4 and 8 are. I’m due to start in the next couple of weeks and am going in at ground level. Dropping €6k a year in salary that will take me around 6-7 years to get back up to.

Hygro wrote: »
    ****e! I don’t understand what point 4 and 8 are. I’m due to start in the next couple of weeks and am going in at ground level. Dropping €6k a year in salary that will take me around 6-7 years to get back up to.

Point 1 on the scale is the starting point you go on to when you start, point 2 a year later then 3 etc. Some people are CO lifers and there is nothing wrong with that but there is scope for promotion after 2 years or earlier if there is an open competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tkellie5678

Hi,

Just wondering has anyone else been called for an interview next week? Does anyone know if specific departments are being recruited for at the moment?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 K.r.3

My cousin got an email and has an interview for next week aswell.

I had an interview two weeks ago but was never told for what department, I think it's just across the board and when jobs become available they go through the panel of people.

I was successful at the interview an emailed them to see were I was placed and they said there's approximately 51 ahead of me, anybody any idea if that's good or bad? I'm really hoping to get a call but it's just a waiting game.

K.r.3 wrote: »

I had an interview two weeks ago but was never told for what department, I think it's just across the board and when jobs become available they go through the panel of people.

I was successful at the interview an emailed them to see were I was placed and they said there's approximately 51 ahead of me, anybody any idea if that's good or bad? I'm really hoping to get a call but it's just a waiting game.

Thanks so much for the information. 51 doesn't seem too bad at all, hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

There are thousands if not tens of thousands of COs in the civil service. More are likely to be hired before brexit. Also People changing jobs, promotions and retirements will all result in more hiring. This pannel will contunie to be used unil April or May 2021.

So if 52 people, need to be replaced or numbers need to be increased by 52 in the next 15 months then you have a job.

Another poster also said that they are interviewing more soon, that likely means they already have plans for the 52. They don't interview more than they estimate they need.

Oh really? I'd no idea that the panel would be lasting for that long, had no idea how long it would last. That's given me a bit more hope of getting a call 😂 hopefully soon enough 🀞

Oh really? I'd no idea that the panel would be lasting for that long, had no idea how long it would last. That's given me a bit more hope of getting a call �� hopefully soon enough ��

Almost all of them are two years from the closing date for applications.

You could almost say at this stage you are guaranteed a job. It's like being 14 points ahead with 5 matches to go in football. Unless something incredibly unlikely happens you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Annarie

Can I ask if you got told on the same day if you got the job or did you have to wait

Did you get told on the same day or did u have to wait 2 weeks

Annarie wrote: »
    Did you get told on the same day or did u have to wait 2 weeks

I done the interview on the Friday, got an email on the Monday saying I was successful. I emailed them then the Thursday or Friday then asking what my order of merit was and they told me im in batch 9 and there's approximately 51 people to be employed before they get to me.

So I still was never told I actually have the job, just that I was successful in the interview.

So I still was never told I actually have the job, just that I was successful in the interview.

Technically you don't have the job you're just on the panel but 52 is a very good place to be in terms of getting a job sooner rather than later.

I done the interview on the Friday, got an email on the Monday saying I was successful. I emailed them then the Thursday or Friday then asking what my order of merit was and they told me im in batch 9 and there's approximately 51 people to be employed before they get to me.

Hi there-- thank you for that, a friend of mine did hers back in December and was placed 4 weeks later.
    Wish you all the best and thank you for your prompt response

• Advertisement

Technically you don't have the job you're just on the panel but 52 is a very good place to be in terms of getting a job sooner rather than later.

I'm really hoping so anyway. Have you any idea what the batch number means? I was told I'm in batch 9.

Annarie wrote: »
    Hi there-- thank you for that, a friend of mine did hers back in December and was placed 4 weeks later.
    Wish you all the best and thank you for your prompt response

Thanks. It's only been just over 2 weeks since I done the interview so hopefully I might hear something in the coming weeks, fingers crossed.

I'm really hoping so anyway. Have you any idea what the batch number means? I was told I'm in batch 9.

Batches are usually 100 people or so but it sounds as if they are already on batch 9 or at least in the very advanced stages of batch 8.

Thanks. It's only been just over 2 weeks since I done the interview so hopefully I might hear something in the coming weeks, fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for you too. Well done again. A friend of mine did their interview Monday but was told will need to wait 2 weeks for results so sO I was checking boards to see what's going on.

Did you hear anything yet? I am in the 80s for batch 10 so I'm curious to see how quick they allocate places.

Did you hear anything yet? I am in the 80s for batch 10 so I'm curious to see how quick they allocate places.

Nice, did you ask them what your order of merit was or did they just tell you?

No I still haven't heard anything yet, hopefully we hear something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Anybody who has started in the last couple of months how much do you come out with after tax each month?

ciano316 wrote: »
    Anybody who has started in the last couple of months how much do you come out with after tax each month?

That depends on you personal circumstances. There are plenty of tax calculators for Ireland online.

Nice, did you ask them what your order of merit was or did they just tell you?

No I still haven't heard anything yet, hopefully we hear something soon

I emailed them to see what batch i was in just so I have an idea of where I was. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long.

• Advertisement

I just got a call this morning. They reached my OOM and want me to get my references together and email them. Anyone else get a call?

Advertisement