Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Werewolf Nightmare Before Christmas Game Thread

Options
  • 15-12-2019 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

the-nightmare-before-christmas-poster-696x398.jpg

'Twas a long time ago, longer now than it seems, in a place that perhaps you've seen in your dreams. For the story that you are about to be told, took place in the holiday worlds of old. Now, you've probably wondered where holidays come from. If you haven't, I'd say it's time you begun.

The villagers of Christmas and Halloween have come together this festive season to celebrate, be scared and / or be Merry. However, not everyone is happy about this coming together and certain elements of the gathering are looking to spoil the party! Christmas and Halloween villages must find the party poopers and exile them from the party, lest Christmas be ruined for everyone!

This is Halloween
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMzQvNTg0L2kwMi9Ib25nLUtvbmctRGlzbmV5bGFuZC1Kb3VybmV5LXRvLUhhbGxvd2Vlbi1Ub3duLmpwZw==

This is Christmas
    event-poster-10135953.jpg

Game Elements:
    • Have fun everyone!
    • It’s a NON-ANON game.
    • Don’t reveal any character you may or may not have.
    • Don’t mention or allude to any PMs you may nor may not have received.
    • Everyone has the option to send a letter to Santa. You don’t have to, but if you don’t, you definitely can’t get a present for Christmas if you dont send a letter! One submission per person, no backsies. Do not reveal your character in your letter, or it will not arrive. Do not mention or shared the content of your letter on thread. Letters can be sent via here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYVDrPy4X4GHh0arTVH3xJ1Ozd-8stRi59qPx0LEH9bjENog/viewform
    • Voting will take place here: https://forms.gle/znRuCNHapmPXegJk8
    • Submit your vote between 10am and 9pm each day. You can revote as many times as you wish. A missed vote = a self vote that will escalate the more you don’t vote.
    • Someone must be selected to be exiled each day.
    • If you have access to a backroom, it will be on Discord. PM a mod to organise access. Do not speak about the backroom, getting access or anything to do with discord, on thread.
    • A variation of the below pm has been sent to players. There are two types of nrv - Halloween villager and Christmas villager.

“Dear XXX
    Welcome to The Nightmare Before Christmas!
    You have drawn the role of Christmas Villager - NRV.
    Your voting password is: XXXX
    Have fun!
    Baggly, Clarabel & tusk”

Players:
    Barney
    Bounty Hunter
    Drumpot
    Duffers
    Fixxxer
    G&R
    Khalessi
    Kitten K
    LadySkunk
    Mick
    MrsFlush
    Necro
    Rikand
    Spook
    Ted
    Uriel
    Valeyard
    Yoss

Rules

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. If you have any questions, please PM all of the mods (Clarabel, Tusk & Baggly), and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. Screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are NOT permitted. If you are unsure about what you want to say crosses the line, PM a mod.

3. Be active: Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread with 5 posts being the minimum per day; and always remember to try to get a vote in. In the case of a tie vote, the last vote will carry the lynch. All players who are mod killed will be replaced if possible, but this decision will be made on a case by case basis. If you wish to be subbed, please PM the mods.

4. Game schedule: The game thread will open on Monday the 16th of December. There will be no secret tasks in the game thread.

5. Voting rules: The lynch form will be opened following the munch and players can vote until 08:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.

6. Lynch rules: The votes will be published as soon as possible following the lynch in the order they were cast.

7. Players are free to post in the thread until the lynch and eliminations are announced. You are not eliminated until a post in the game thread from the mods announces it. Once you are eliminated, please don't post in the game thread or in COP (outside of the deadroom) again. Eliminated players are also asked to not to thank any posts in the game thread after they have died. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game. Please PM a mod for access, although we will endeavor to have it arranged automatically upon your death.

8. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Baggly/Quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

10. Win Conditions: Village wins if all party poopers are exiled. Party poopers win if number of party poopers equals number of villagers.

11. Have fun guys, we encourage fun poking, memes, gifs, videos and such and such.

Not a rule but important for our community. We have new players perhaps watching this game, so please make them feel welcome in the forum by behaving respectfully with your fellow players. If anyone new is reading this, we have a glossary of terms and acronyms, as well as this beginner’s guide, which is available to all within the werewolf sub forum.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

All players should have their pms.

Thread is open for posting.

Have fun!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tumblr_p2pn5lOImX1sqnvuno2_540.gif

First whoop whoop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ah sweet new game :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

duffman13 wrote: »
    Ah sweet new game :)

tenor.gif?itemid=14076043

Sup duffers, BH long time no play :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

giphy.gif

Lads your santa letter form is broken! You broke the terms of service, it's usually Bagglys fault! Only 10 days to Xmas, need time to get in the post

Ah khalessi, welcome - don't think we've played together yet :D

giphy.gif

Necro wrote: »

About 1000 posts in the game thread by tomorrow :) Always good to have you playing to try dissect Necro

Hey Necro :D Not yet! But you definitely need chaos in your life so here I am to provide it :)

• Advertisement

About 1000 posts in the game thread by tomorrow :) Always good to have you playing to try dissect Necro

I'm trying to compensate for my likely lack of activity from tomorrow :pac:

I'm trying to compensate for my likely lack of activity from tomorrow :pac:

In reality your lack of activity equals ~100 posts per day so!

Feck all really in the OP so maybe it's actually vanilla-ish

In reality your lack of activity equals ~100 posts per day so!

Feck all really in the OP so maybe it's actually vanilla-ish

Seems to be straight up wolves vs villagers alright, though the Santa letter is interesting. Probably not much to be divulged by discussing it at length either tbh

So no point asking for Jason Momoa, asking for a friend

khalessi wrote: »
    So no point asking for Jason Momoa, asking for a friend

Ask and you shall receive :p

Jason-Momoa-696x442.jpg

Hardclaim Santa's sack :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

There appears to be issues with the voting and letter forms.

We are working on them and will let you know when they are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

When's last posting day this year?

Spook_ie wrote: »
    When's last posting day this year?

December 20th I believe, or 21st for express post

December 20th I believe, or 21st for express post

Just wondered in case I have to resort to An post because of drive issue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Sunday all. Quick check in before I head the Christmas market in Dublin Castle.

• Advertisement

Probably won't be as active as usual myself this game... that said I've said that before recently and seem to post more and more each game.

and yeah don't trust the postal service - Sent two cards from the same location to the same location on the same date but addressed to different people, 1 arrived last week the other ???

Hope they fix that Santa's letter thing, prepping mine now
    SevereHollowChick-size_restricted.gif

I'm taking extra precautions if the system fails

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happy Chrimbo everybody.

kitten_k wrote:
    Happy Sunday all. Quick check in before I head the Christmas market in Dublin Castle.

Was up there earlier & they were just setting up.

As long as Dick Dastardly doesn't intervene pigeons seem like a good back up option

qgPem29.gif

Die hard is not a christmas move. I might wish for an eye emoji I need my eyes how can I play if I can't see :cool:

Die hard is not a christmas move. I might wish for an eye emoji I need my eyes how can I play if I can't see :cool:

You mean something like this :D

source.gif

Do you reckon there is a difference between being #TeamChristmas or #TeamHalloween ?

O my what big eyes you've

But ya exactly like that

• Advertisement

Do you reckon there is a difference between being #TeamChristmas or #TeamHalloween ?

Not really. Based on the win cons they're all villagers. Might be linked to Santa perhaps??

Advertisement