Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭148multi

Reggie. wrote: »
    I never get anything of companies

What about "P O T I D F" ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭einn32

straight wrote: »
    Well phuck them if they don't want to play it. Great song. Too much PC now.

What a band. When music and lyrics meant something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Would expanding foam do to seal the holes after the whirly bars in the walls of a slatted tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Would expanding foam do to seal the holes after the whirly bars in the walls of a slatted tank?

No it would rot out I'd say. Bit of chemical grout but be the job

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

148multi wrote: »
    What about "P O T I D F" ðŸ˜

You've lost me there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

What podcasts are ye all listening to? Up to date on the two johnnies and looking fif something else to listen to while milking now again. Thanks.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,107 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got a lad to clean my windows and clean out the gutters this morning. €135 for 80 minutes work. I think I'll become a window cleaner. That was only the outside of the windows

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    Got a lad to clean my windows and clean out the gutters this morning. €135 for 80 minutes work. I think I'll become a window cleaner. That was only the outside of the windows

Ahhh
    Big auld rambling mansion out in the middle of the sticks. Probably like the Aras An Uachtaran

_Brian wrote: »
    Ahhh
    Big auld rambling mansion out in the middle of the sticks. Probably like the Aras An Uachtaran

He had a brush with a long handle didnt even use the ladder to do the top windows

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

But it’s done now and ya didn’t have to face in to it your self .100 and a pot of tea would probably have being enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Snowing well here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭straight

When you're a farmer everyone seems expensive. You could have offered him your own hourly rate for a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭148multi

You've lost me there

The inside of this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

What podcasts are ye all listening to? Up to date on the two johnnies and looking fif something else to listen to while milking now again. Thanks.

Dan Carlin/hardcore history, though it does live up to it's name once he gets into a subject and stops rambling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Currently using the old version of the Cooper Discoverer AT3 on the LandCruiser and very happy with them. Either 49 or 56K moles on the ones I'm replacing (I think it's 56K). The old pattern is no longer available and the local garage is stocking Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S instead. Pattern seems similar. In fact, comparing them I can't find a difference.

497598.jpg

Has anyone has them long enough to give an opinion of them?

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Where are you based now.?

148multi wrote: »
    The inside of this

Ah
    Now it makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

straight wrote: »
    When you're a farmer everyone seems expensive. You could have offered him your own hourly rate for a laugh

Farmers love to bargain. I see the old boy thinks anyone doing a job is robbing dear. Unless it's machinery related and money will flow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

On tour today, started off in Tipperary onto Kilkenny then laois, offal, Westmeath, stopped in Longford for digger parts and now in Cavan got the afters of a wedding.

• Advertisement

davidk1394 wrote: »
    On tour today, started off in Tipperary onto Kilkenny then laois, offal, Westmeath, stopped in Longford for digger parts and now in Cavan got the afters of a wedding.

Ya could have called for tae

Ya could have called for tae

On the way back perhaps? Thinking of buying a Guttler machine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I had a lad in today to give me a hand with tidying up gates and pens and put up a few lights. One pen in particular is a right pain so we let out the weanlings there into a holding yard while we hung gates properly, all because one tool of a weanling keeps getting out or getting stuck.

At the job since 10 this morning and no cattle fed and I was getting things sorted for my man and helping him when needed.

Anyway, got the lights fixed and gates hung and he left to sort a few things for herself in the house. Fed the cattle and let the weanlings back into the shed when I noticed a missed call from a neighbour, animal in a neighbours field:(

Checked the weanling pen and my man was missing. He must have found a way out of the holding pen, the fecker:mad:

On another subject, anybody looking for a weanling bull to buy?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Where are you based now.?

North west tasmania on whats best described as a cookoo ranch. 1500 cows OAD

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There's nothing that says Christmas like watching our Lord and Saviour Baby Yoda turning on some tunes..

https://youtu.be/1YHqfRktzOo

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Definitely getting older, Eldest 17 is gone on her work Christmas party tonight and I couldn’t be bothered heading to mine 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Casefile. True crime podcast not for everyone but if you like it its addictive.

Anyone know what height a potato box is?

North west tasmania on whats best described as a cookoo ranch. 1500 cows OAD

Plenty of good stories, keep them coming.

A spud box is roughly 4ft high no exact measurement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Paid up remaining bills I had for the year today. Good to get it done. Good to have everyone that does work for me during the year sorted too before the Christmas. Now, if people would extend the same courtesy to me it would be great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement