Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I visited the family grave yesterday and was saddened to see damage to the shoulder of the headstone. It was probably accidentally hit by a mini digger. The adjacent plot had a burial Nov 2018. I visited the grave earlier this year and didn't notice any damage to our 150 year old headstone. What ever happened, they attempted a repair with some type of black epoxy. Unfortunately, the repair would appear not to have been clamped, and the broken piece slipped approx. ¼ - ½ inch. I suppose it would do more damage rectifying it.
    I'd say chat to whoever erects the head stones locally. They would probably have stuff to repair it pretty well or know someone that could do a job on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Speaking of printers, anyone watching the news about the Irish navy ship, decommissioned, sold by govt to Dutch company for €110k, who sold it to a company in the uae for €471k, who in turn sold it to Libya for €1.3m. All in the space of 2 years:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Speaking of printers, anyone watching the news about the Irish navy ship, decommissioned, sold by govt to Dutch company for €110k, who sold it to a company in the uae for €471k, who in turn sold it to Libya for €1.3m. All in the space of 2 years:eek:

The dealing profession isn't just limited to livestock and they operate in all walks of life. Having said that it would be interesting to see a breakdown of the various costs involved with trading the like. There's bound to have been a tidy profit for someone along the line, I think there will soon be an opening in the market for ever larger brown envelopes in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The dealing profession isn't just limited to livestock and they operate in all walks of life. Having said that it would be interesting to see a breakdown of the various costs involved with trading the like. There's bound to have been a tidy profit for someone along the line, I think there will soon be an opening in the market for ever larger brown envelopes in the coming years.
    Hardly a back hander for the man who sold off the aisling the first time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Reggie. wrote: »

Whatever about the backhander he or she could probably do with a refresher course in negotiations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

There was room for a backhander in all the deals.......€110k was a very low price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

wrangler wrote: »
    There was room for a backhander in all the deals.......€110k was a very low price

It was put up for public tender. It wasn’t a back room deal with no one else available to bid. Next time there is one up for sale why not stick in your own bid, then pay for mooring fees, move it to several countries, do some refurbish and complete the recertifications necessary to move it and enjoy the profits?
    There’s loads of stuff up for tender. There’s nothing stopping anyone else doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

86 seat majority expected for Cons in UK according to exit poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Odelay wrote: »
    It was put up for public tender. It wasn’t a back room deal with no one else available to bid. Next time there is one up for sale why not stick in your own bid, then pay for mooring fees, move it to several countries, do some refurbish and complete the recertifications necessary to move it and enjoy the profits?
    There’s loads of stuff up for tender. There’s nothing stopping anyone else doing it.

Can you explain our new printer fiasco so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

86 seat majority expected for Cons in UK according to exit poll.

Bad news for Arlene!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Bad news for Arlene!

The fleas will be coming home to roost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Bad news for Arlene!

Mod snip could had anything she wanted that time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Interesting program on tg4 at the moment. It's about the big business of agriculture. In Brazil especially on soybean.
    Five companies control the world management of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Interesting program on tg4 at the moment. It's about the big business of agriculture. In Brazil especially on soybean.

Cargil and Cofco?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Cargil and Cofco?

Cargil is one not sure about the rest. But the small number of five stuck in my head and Cargill did because of their support for the Eat Lancet report.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

One company controls Uk and Ireland in the beef
    Milk is a cartel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Cargil is one not sure about the rest. But the small number of five stuck in my head and Cargill did because of their support for the Eat Lancet report.

Cofco and there is another company are the international arm of china’s govt for combinable crops.
    Bought a few years ago cofco was previously known as nidiera or no idea’ra as they were a but useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Christmas photo at a big hotel in ennis- absolute shocking quality for around €60.

Australian FIL and MIL demanded to eat there instead of popping into a nicer place in town.

It’s the first time my 1yo didn’t eat all his dinner. My beef was like old shoe leather.
    And as for the conversation- The plane to oz can’t come fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,107 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Tis the season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

Shane McGowan on the latelate. Brave person to dedicate a show to him. How will they keep him going?

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    Tis the season

I never get anything of companies

We dont get much either anymore, got a calender yesterday and that today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

You got something today didn't ya :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭kk.man

Odelay wrote: »
    Shane McGowan on the latelate. Brave person to dedicate a show to him. How will they keep him going?

It's a drunken Irish melody that keeps him in change all year. Embarrassing really.

See some radio stations outside of Ireland now not playing due to the the language and the non pc lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

McGowan is a poet and it's an absolute genius song. I put it in similar status to Raglan Road.
    It's to be noted that gay people have spoken, in support of the lyrics. To see it is anti gay is not to understand it.

Not watching LLS, couldn't watch him now.

ganmo wrote: »
    You got something today didn't ya :p

Not getting that till jan. Had to pay for that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Water John wrote: »
    McGowan is a poet and it's an absolute genius song. I put it in similar status to Raglan Road.
    It's to be noted that gay people have spoken, in support of the lyrics. To see it is anti gay is not to understand it.

Not watching LLS, couldn't watch him now.
    He was coherent enough and better than other times I have seen him on the Late Late show.

I see Pat Shortt in the background playing the Sax.

Base price wrote: »
    He was coherent enough and better than other times I have seen him on the Late Late show.

Philomena didn't know the words of fairytale of new York. Everyone knows the words of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Base price wrote: »

He's a good sax player in fairness. Sean O'Shea is in great form for his age and drove up from Cork himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭straight

kk.man wrote: »
    It's a drunken Irish melody that keeps him in change all year. Embarrassing really.

See some radio stations outside of Ireland now not playing due to the the language and the non pc lyrics.

Well phuck them if they don't want to play it. Great song. Too much PC now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement