Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saracens vs Munster, Sat 14th Dec 3pm; BT Sports

• 13-12-2019 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Saracens team:

15 Max Malins
    14 Sean Maitland
    13 Alex Lozowski
    12 Nick Tompkins
    11 Elliot Daly
    10 Owen Farrell (c)
    9 Richard Wigglesworth
    1 Mako Vunipola
    2 Jamie George
    3 Vincent Koch
    4 Joel Kpoku
    5 George Kruis
    6 Nick Isiekwe
    7 Ben Earl
    8 Billy Vunipola

Replacements

16 Tom Woolstencroft
    17 Richard Barrington
    18 Josh Ibuanokpe
    19 Calum Clark
    20 Jackson Wray
    21 Ben Spencer
    22 Manu Vunipola
    23 Duncan Taylor

Munster:
    Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray;
    James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Tadhg Beirne, Peter O’Mahony (C), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Jack O’Donoghue, Nick McCarthy, Dan Goggin, Tommy O’Donnell.

Munster are up against it as they travel to Barnet to face Saracens. The only change to starting XV sees John Ryan replace Stephen Archer. Tommy O'Donnell replaces the suspended Arno Botha on the bench as Munster retain a 6-2 split.

Assuming Racing earn the maximum against Ospreys tonight, this is how the Pool will stand tomorrow:

Racing 17
    Munster 11
    Saracens 6
    Ospreys 0

If Munster earn an unlikely win, Saracens will be eliminated and the Racing-Munster clash will decide who tops the pool with both teams looking likely to qualify for the knockout stages. If Saracens win then it's all to play for the three teams. Given the lineups it's difficult to see Munster getting a return from this game, with last Saturday looking like a lost opportunity to deny Saracens a LBP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

https://twitter.com/Saracens/status/1205457342336131073

It's another mix and match from Saracens but overall much stronger than last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Huge performance needed, need at minimum a LBP and deny them a TBP

Are Liam Williams and Alex Goode both injured? Neither have featured in either game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Are Liam Williams and Alex Goode both injured? Neither have featured in either game.

Goode out for three months anyway. Not sure on Williams though.

We have to play our best game in years tomorrow really. Very strong Saracens team who I’m pretty sure are unbeaten at this new stadium. Need to get a minimum LBP anyway and stop them getting four tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Thats a seriously good Saracens team. Enormous effort needed to get something there, but not impossible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Can't see this game going any other way that to Sarries. Bookies have Sarries at -12

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Goode out for three months anyway. Not sure on Williams though.

We have to play our best game in years tomorrow really. Very strong Saracens team who I’m pretty sure are unbeaten at this new stadium. Need to get a minimum LBP anyway and stop them getting four tries.

New stadium?? Unbeaten??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think a lbp would be decent result here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Remember that time that Alaverati Raka scored 3 tries, did all the work for a fourt and Clermont absolutely ruined Saracens in a monday night snow delayed game? It was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Definitely the right call for Sarries to bring back the world class stars. leicester and Wasps are absolutely awful, relegation really shouldn't be a concern. In any case they will certainly get away with resting players against ospreys and maybe even against Racing, before going all out from the quarters to qualify again for next year

Reckon they will get the 5 here for sure and deny Munster a LBP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭phog

We absolutely have to get something from tomorrow or it's very likely that we can't catch Sarries for 2nd spot

We'll do a big favour to the other teams if we can knock Sarries out at the pool stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

errlloyd wrote: »
    Remember that time that Alaverati Raka scored 3 tries, did all the work for a fourt and Clermont absolutely ruined Saracens in a monday night snow delayed game? It was excellent.

I obviously didn’t!!!

Sp anything other than a 5-0 leaves Munster's fate in their own hands. Will need a result away to Racing but they've been all over the shop this season so it's doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Zzippy wrote: »
    New stadium?? Unbeaten??

about 7 years now

probably losing its "new" tag alright:pac:

If Munster get everything right and get everything out of each of their 23 players then maybe.

But I think a significant home win is on the cards, 15+.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

We are overdue a Munster miracle match arent we?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

crisco10 wrote: »
    We are overdue a Munster miracle match arent we?

We are but I've still taken Saracens -11. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

It's a very good Saracens team but still some way short of full strength. If this was in Thomond I'd make Munster favourites.

A win would be awesome and it's not outside the realm of possibility. A losing BP would still be a good outcome and is achievable.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I honestly think Munster can take them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's a very good Saracens team but still some way short of full strength. If this was in Thomond I'd make Munster favourites.

A win would be awesome and it's not outside the realm of possibility. A losing BP would still be a good outcome and is achievable.

Guess result in TP needs to be taken in context of awful weather too so was never going to be high scoring. Think our defence is good. In attack I think we're kinda half way between Larkham's style and old one which can cause issues. No reason why we can't go out and win but think it will be tough ask against that Saracens team away from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Faugheen wrote: »
    I honestly think Munster can take them here.

I honestly think we'll do well to get anything from this.

Happy Christmas. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

https://twitter.com/munsterrugby/status/1205774598110875648?s=21

The way the team is lined out in this pic irritates me more than it should

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Boscoirl wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/munsterrugby/status/1205774598110875648?s=21

The way the team is lined out in this pic irritates me more than it should

My eyes! It burns!

I think I've just had some kind of a seizure.

Ill say the same thing i said last year before the semi final

For Munster to have a chance they need.

To have their best game in years
    Saracens to have an off day
    Refs decisions to go our way

Today will also give us an idea where we stand relative to the best team in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

****e, just heard POM is out with a groin injury, JOD to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That Saracens line speed is a bit toooo fast.

A nothing kick from JJ led to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's Beirne's ankle gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All sorts of mayhem in that ankle twist, poor fella. Could be the season.

Advertisement