Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saracens vs Munster, Sat 14th Dec 3pm; BT Sports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

You're on the pitch listening yeah?

JJ has kicked harder ones than that position.

Are you ? He also missed a certain 3 pointer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,924 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** it

Cant see us being good enough to beat racing away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    He also missed a certain 3 pointer
    And?

100% it was CJs decision not to kick.
    We have 2 place kickers on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Credit to Munster they defended heroically at times but same problem, so limited in attack. End of tournament now barring something extraordinary

Still think Sarries will win it out this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That is absolutely criminal to not go and take the 3 points on that penalty opportunity.

Never looked like scoring a try and then go with some bizarre play call. That was something you do when you have a twenty point lead.

Basically not getting that LBP cost us any chance of getting out of the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Jack O’Donoghue done at the scrum by Vunipola for that try, gotta do better than that if he wants that green jersey also sluggish at the ruck for Makos try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

He also got a three pointer from same one he missed. Bizarre not to take the kick, brain dead. What's it mean for the rest of the tournament? Need to win away in Paris?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Would have taken that score at the start of the game. Left the LBP behind us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Disappointing, thought we deserved something out of that. Kleyn and Farrell very good. Don't understand the decision not to take the kick at goal from the penalty near the end. Need to win in Racing now to have any chance.

leakyboots wrote: »
    He also got a three pointer from same one he missed. Bizarre not to take the kick, brain dead. What's it mean for the rest of the tournament? Need to win away in Paris?
    We need to win in Paris and for Saracens to beat Racing.
    Then a 5 pointer against Ospreys at home.

The draw and no LBP is devastating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Pretty much.

That draw against Racing in Thomond was a killer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

With the new coaching ticket this season was always going to be a transitional one. But I don't think anyone could have expected so many injuries and big name players performing so poorly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

A losing bonus point and a BP win at home to Ospreys (almost guaranteed) and any kind of win against Racing (needed anyway) and Munster would be through. Now they need two BP wins. Madness.

You could tell after the scrap that Sarries stepped things up a gear. I'd say the physio will be getting a bit of an earful.

what time on the match clock was the scrap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Jack O’Donoghue done at the scrum by Vunipola for that try, gotta do better than that if he wants that green jersey also sluggish at the ruck for Makos try

Funny you should say that...I remember Ruddock doing the exact same last time leinster played them. In Jack's defence, BV was running accross the pitch not at him.

Desperately need Joey back in the team
    JJ is solid but just too limited. A 10 who put in zero tactical kicks, no line breaks and no idea how to deal with a rush defense.

McCarthy making Murray look like he's playing in slow motion. He's got the rugby brain and the physicality obviously but he's getting slower and slower.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

JJ cost us again. He should have nailed that penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

All on Racing match now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Clegg wrote: »
    JOD just isn't a top level player. Has the size but the skills are lacking.

I thought he was decent today but can’t seem to maintain that level . Every summer there seems to be a write up about how he’s raring to go and it relatively fizzles out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

JJ cost us again. He should have nailed that penalty.
    The team cost us! Ya, JJ should have gotten the penalty, but we shouldn't have been relying on just that.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Apparently the Munster physio said something about Jamie George’s weight in that kerfuffle.

Munster physio apologised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

People seem to have their mind made up on Murray no matter what. He played well today. McCarthy comes on and throws a couple of snappy passes and suddenly he's a better passer than Murray, give me a break.

People seem to have their mind made up on Murray no matter what. He played well today. McCarthy comes on and throws a couple of snappy passes and suddenly he's a better passer than Murray, give me a break.

Thought he had a good game today. McCarthy threw a terrible pass that lead to a try on his last start. He's a good player, but has a bit to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

+ 1, thought Murray had a very good game today, in fact I thought Munster as a whole played well bar the decision not to go for the 3 points.

budhabob wrote: »
    + 1, thought Murray had a very good game today, in fact I thought Munster as a whole played well bar the decision not to go for the 3 points.

It was a good performance at the home of the champions.

https://twitter.com/threeredkings/status/1205956575531278337

If I'm being super critical here then JOD needs to keep a hold of Billy V and Earls needs to recognise the tackle is being made and to stay out.
    Easy to say from here of course

The Vunipolas are world class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Any lip reading experts (or enthusiastic amateurs) got a view on what was said to George?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

EPCR is formally investigating the melee yesterday.

yerrahbah wrote: »

If I'm being super critical here then JOD needs to keep a hold of Billy V and Earls needs to recognise the tackle is being made and to stay out.

Earls was at fault for that try if you ask my BV, was going nowhere. He got sucked in by their FB on a dummy run. But them I am being super critical. What was amazing was it was CJ that got across to put BV down in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I think we'll see a (suspended) fine and/or warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

So it should. We can't have partisan quacks abusing their privilege of being allowed to stand on sidelines by insulting opposition players. If he is found to have a case to answer then the Medical Council should investigate this clown as well for bringing the profession into disrepute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

If things happened the way they are being reported, then I hope there is a ban for the person in question. Rugby is a hard enough game for the ref to control without some idiot on the sideline starting a fight.

171170 wrote: »
    So it should. We can't have partisan quacks abusing their privilege of being allowed to stand on sidelines by insulting opposition players. If he is found to have a case to answer then the Medical Council should investigate this clown as well for bringing the profession into disrepute.

I've seen people having a go at George but for me the doctor is not part of the match and should keep his trap shut, he has no business speaking to an opposition player. Secondly as a medical professional what is he doing insulting someone's weight? He seems totally unsuited to being part of the staff for a professional rugby team and he's definitely not a doctor I'd want to be seeing. Of him and George I wonder who woke up this morning regretting their actions more.

Nobody not in the on-field 15 should have been getting involved. But lets not get too wound up about calling a fat guy fat.

He's a bit stupid slagging a player off, considering the English and Irish press will use anything at all to ruin you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

It can't have been worse than what Jerry Flannery said to Steve Thompson I would assume.

No-one particularly cared back then, I wouldn't be getting too worked up about it now.

Granted that was between two players, but still, lets just move on.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    It can't have been worse than what Jerry Flannery said to Steve Thompson I would assume.

No-one particularly carded back then, I wouldn't be getting too worked up about it now.

They were both playing the match. It's totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

P.Walnuts wrote: »

No-one particularly cared back then, I wouldn't be getting too worked up about it now.

Munster got a penalty because Owen Farrell ran in. Loads of others did too. It creates needless issues not related to the game. Also How would Munster fans feel if for example as the players ended up over the barrier yesterday if JOD ended up with a broken arm or damaged a knee? All because their team doctor things personal abuse of a player is the way to go?

EPRC have to act to ensure this never happens again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

171170 wrote: »

Very true, according to reports the doctor called him a fat Prik, very unprofessional. I believe obese prik would be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

yerrahbah wrote: »

Needs to keep his feet in the tackle, sits down here expecting billy to drop the shoulder and gives him the space to get around him because of this

Very true, according to reports the doctor called him a fat Prik, very unprofessional. I believe obese prik would be correct.

Mark McCall is quoted as saying it was a comment about a member of George's family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Mark McCall is quoted as saying it was a comment about a member of George's family.

What...his mam was a fat prik too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Ah here.

He is?

Link please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Probably. Didn't Saracens get fine for not putting people out got launch of Champions Cup? Would expect fine for something like this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Are you sure? Sanderson their assistant coach said it was about George's weight.

Are you sure? Sanderson their assistant coach said it was about George's weight.

Saw another tweet, trying to locate it

https://twitter.com/SunJonnyFordham/status/1206139872341307392?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭Augme

Have Munster officially said anything yet? I haven't seen anything and think it is poor form if they don't. As for the medic, God only knows what he was thinking.

This looked like an absolutely nothing incident but it's approaching career threatening now.

This looked like an absolutely nothing incident but it's approaching career threatening now.

Depends what was said.

Augme wrote: »
    Have Munster officially said anything yet? I haven't seen anything and think it is poor form if they don't. As for the medic, God only knows what he was thinking.

He didn't kill anyone, this over reaction is to be expected in children and the click-bait press, but us grown ups have a higher tolerance.

If you want to engage in this form of reverse fascism, where a hot blooded mistake is punished by ruining a guys career go ahead.

• Advertisement

Depends what was said.

I'm not sure that matters anymore. Everyone has their backs up now and the ECPR have gotten involved. Likely to be some consequences now.

Advertisement