Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 17 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I really don’t want to get rid of Danny Ings at all, but Tammy Abraham having scored tonight at home to Bournemouth who have lost 5 games in a row conceding 11 goals in the process.

Can I really go without? Alternative striker transfers are not a consideration, before someone proposes that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bring in rashford or Tammy for Jimmy? Have kane and Vardy already and martial so maybe that 1 United player is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Bring in rashford or Tammy for Jimmy? Have kane and Vardy already and martial so maybe that 1 United player is enough

1 united player is arguably too many
    But Rashford is the only one if there is to be one
    I have Jiminez. I’ll keep him . But I don’t know if I would bring him in
    I’d certainly be considering Abraham

km79 wrote: »
    1 united player is arguably too many
    But Rashford is the only one if there is to be one
    I have Jiminez. I’ll keep him . But I don’t know if I would bring him in
    I’d certainly be considering Abraham

Don’t you think James has merit at 6.1 over the Christmas as a cheap safer option, since they don’t really have anyone to rotate him for?

CSF wrote: »
    Don’t you think James has merit at 6.1 over the Christmas as a cheap safer option, since they don’t really have anyone to rotate him for?

He is prob second best option alright
    I think everyone is getting a bit too excited though
    City played right into Uniteds hands
    It is no coincidence Uniteds best results come against the big teams
    Plan A is counter attack
    And so is plan B and C and D

There have been many of these false dawns .......Rashford having pens and frees is a plus though
    If he continues to do well I might get him in for Jiminez over Xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I'm thinking of Rashford in for Aubameyang given their fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

What's the thinking on Pool players now? Anyone at more risk of rotation than others this wkend?

km79 wrote: »
    He is prob second best option alright
    I think everyone is getting a bit too excited though
    City played right into Uniteds hands
    It is no coincidence Uniteds best results come against the big teams
    Plan A is counter attack
    And so is plan B and C and D

There have been many of these false dawns .......Rashford having pens and frees is a plus though
    If he continues to do well I might get him in for Jiminez over Xmas

I agree. But a good performance against a supposedly resurgent Everton might raise an eyebrow. I’m at that stage where I’m chasing people who I have very little fear of Christmas rotation with. The United front 3 surely fit that category? Grealish another.

I agree. But a good performance against a supposedly resurgent Everton might raise an eyebrow. I’m at that stage where I’m chasing people who I have very little fear of Christmas rotation with. The United front 3 surely fit that category? Grealish another.

Rashford is certainly rotation proof
    Martial has ONCE AGAIN shown he just can’t be relied upon . He will defo miss some random game without warning over Xmas due to “injury “ or “illness “
    James will play the vast majority but given the schedule and it’s his first season in the prem I can see him not starting one . Greenwood and perreira can play there as well as Lingard and even mata
    He is only 6.1 though and would probably come on anyway

James has only missed 24 minutes of football since coming on in GW1 against Chelsea. I’m not banking on anyone over the Christmas spell, but he’d certainly be in the list of those who I’m not expecting to be rested.

• Advertisement

James has only missed 24 minutes of football since coming on in GW1 against Chelsea. I’m not banking on anyone over the Christmas spell, but he’d certainly be in the list of those who I’m not expecting to be rested.

That’s why I think he will be rested !
    But nothing major
    Maybe won’t start one and sub on for 30
    Not the end of the world either way and of course Uniteds squad is so thin taht any injury to any midfielder means no rotation for any of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I wouldn't touch anyone other than Rashford, two games don't make them a good team all of a sudden. They seem heavily reliant on Scott McTominay who is in his first full season, he's bound to hit a wall at some stage

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at Lucas to Pulisic for a hit

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Not for a hit no

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Any thoughts?

Came off at 60 tonight. CHO pushing him all the way. Wouldn't hit him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

What's the thinking on Pool players now? Anyone at more risk of rotation than others this wkend?

Say next 2 GWs will be full strength myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Full strength on Saturday. Klopp always mentions a 3 day turnaround as an issue thats when he tends to rotate. It was the exact same for those 3 gws early December last year. 4 days till Saturday so fully expect all the big guns to play. For anyone with a wildcard and looking for a 1 gw punt Gomez is a good option this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Ahead of a game against Arsenal?

Maybe it's the arsenal fan in me being optimistic.. haha . Yeah might stayed put swapped out Ake for another sheiffield defender .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Tempted by Mount to Grealish. Just not sure whether to wait until after the Bournemouth game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Tempted by Mount to Grealish. Just not sure whether to wait until after the Bournemouth game

I would do it now, I think he might go with the same front 3 as last night as they all played well. CHO and Mount didn't impress when they came on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wait til after the Bournemouth game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Have to bench 2 out of Kelly, Zaha, Mount, Aurier and Lundstram next week.

Thinking Kelly anyway and... Mount?

Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Mixed messages :P

Casting vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Any opinions?

Think I would be starting Kelly over Zaha, Palace currently look far more likely to keep a clean sheet than score and Kelly is always in teh mix for BP's. It's a nice but head wrecking choice to have for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any opinions?

Aurier and Mount/Zaha for me. Not sure Mount will be starting so would prob leave him as first sub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Kane and ozil to rashford/Abraham and son makes sense doesnt it? 2 fts will wait till Friday regardless

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Think I would be starting Kelly over Zaha, Palace currently look far more likely to keep a clean sheet than score and Kelly is always in teh mix for BP's. It's a nice but head wrecking choice to have for sure.

Why do you have Zaha if it’s not to play him in these games?
    You brought him in for a reason so you obviously think he’ll score? Then back yourself

Why do you have Zaha if it’s not to play him in these games?
    You brought him in for a reason so you obviously think he’ll score? Then back yourself

I don't have, have never had, or will ever have Zaha :D

But to answer your question, look at the fixtures of all the players he is choosing from, they all have premium fixtures but you can only play 11.

Well that lad brought him for a reason

Zaha is the first you start out of Kelly, Zaha, Mount, Aurier and Lundstram, by some distance

• Advertisement

Well that lad brought him for a reason

Zaha is the first you start out of Kelly, Zaha, Mount, Aurier and Lundstram, by some distance

He actually has the worst minutes per point record of all 5 and by quite a distance, incidently Kelly has the best!

Advertisement