Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 17 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ings in for Jimenez. Late to the party. I will no doubt break Ings just like I did with Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Rashford in for PEA done in a rage Sat night. Need to move on Ward still and now Montoya isn't starting either so bench isn't looking great

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Need some advice. Currently in a work money league thats finishing at the end of GW 18. In 3rd at the moment about 30 points behind the leader. We have pretty similiar teams which is not helping my cause however I do have triple captain and bench boost left both of which he has used already. I also have 2 transfers this week to use. I've got no Spurs players at the moment so that seems the logical move with 1.6m ITB.
    Front 7 atm is Maddison, Mane, KDB, Mount; Jimi, Vardy, Abraham

Feel Mount needs to go anyway. So looking at Mount & Jimi to either Son and Mousset or Ali and Ings. Feedback appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Need some advice. Currently in a work money league thats finishing at the end of GW 18. In 3rd at the moment about 30 points behind the leader. We have pretty similiar teams which is not helping my cause however I do have triple captain and bench boost left both of which he has used already. I also have 2 transfers this week to use. I've got no Spurs players at the moment so that seems the logical move with 1.6m ITB.

Feel Mount needs to go anyway. So looking at Mount & Jimi to either Son and Mousset or Ali and Ings. Feedback appreciated

Yeah I would go with what you are suggesting. It's the same transfers I have done the last few weeks.

Mount -> Alli
    Jimi -> Ings

The other more left field options would be to try James or even Ox or Keita as a punt at home to Watford. Even though Keita scored more last weekend and is probably more likely to start, I think Ox has more of a goal threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Why are people selling Jimi?

Spurs concede so many goals, and Norwich are awful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Following deal on the table for me in Draft. What do you think?

My Kane and Bilva for Tammy and Maddison?

I got on him early so I've got great returns from him. But I cant get any spurs player in without sacrificing one of the front 3. Was considering offloading KDB but I feel they will run riot against Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He seems to have a series of awkward games over Christmas though he's well able.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

And he has returned in every game bar 2 for last 10 or 11 weeks or so
    City game certainly doesn’t scare me
    Have people been watching them “defend “?
    And spurs the same

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I got on him early so I've got great returns from him. But I cant get any spurs player in without sacrificing one of the front 3. Was considering offloading KDB but I feel they will run riot against Arsenal

They probably will and Kev will be sitting on 2 points... he's my only City cover and I'm thinking the worst on both counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Jimi to Tammy for a hit is a bit silly isn't it?

Little bit wary of Tammy going mental vs Bournemouth as all my rivals have him

How is your bench? And what's you/your rivals teams?
    It could be far more benefical to use your transfers to get your bench sorted first and foremost with the 2 transfers and then switch out Mane for GW18 to leave you with 15 players.... with a bit of luck, your rival might have 2 or 3 Pool players that they don't want to let go for their blank.
    TC Vardy or Mane would have to be an option for this GW then.

I think you've a better chance of closing the 30 points with BB in mind rather than kinda sideways transfers.

PARlance wrote: »
    How is your bench? And what's you/your rivals teams?
    It could be far more benefical to use your transfers to get your bench sorted first and foremost with the 2 transfers and then switch out Mane for GW18 to leave you with 15 players.... with a bit of luck, your rival might have 2 or 3 Pool players that they don't want to let go for their blank.
    TC Vardy or Mane would have to be an option for this GW then.

I think you've a better chance of closing the 30 points with BB in mind rather than kinda sideways transfers.

Sorry just to clarify I have Free Hit and not bench boost as I mentioned in my OPl. So Im going to use the free hit in GW 18 when Liverpool are not playing. Planning to TC Vardy this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Have enough cash in the bank for Connolly to Rashford to go with Vardy and Abraham up front.

Will United be up against a much more steely Everton this week though? They set a season high of all the teams for most tackles against Chelsea at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Theres no doubt that Everton are a tougher prospect now, but Rashford has form in the "big" games. While I wouldn't put Everton in that category, I wouldn't be too fearful for Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

But at the same time, United are taking a penalty every second game. 8 pens in 16 PL games. Rashford takes penalties, James has a tendency to go down and Everton are tackling more than ever now with Duncan in charge. There's a chance he gets another this weekend.

Add that to his form, and goal threat and there is potential there with 6 favorable fixtures in a row.

Have enough cash in the bank for Connolly to Rashford to go with Vardy and Abraham up front.

Will United be up against a much more steely Everton this week though? They set a season high of all the teams for most tackles against Chelsea at the weekend.

They were fairly gung ho vs Chelsea. High tempo and high work rate, playing 2 up top as well. It might not last but Rashford will benefit more if it does and it'll play into United's hands. The last thing they want is for a team to sit back and contain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rashford is the most transferred in player this gameweek as well. Never underestimate the power of Man United fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rashford is the most transferred in player this gameweek as well. Never underestimate the power of Man United fans.

That's a bit of a reaction.

He's on fire at the moment and in Man United's last 5 games they have scored 3,3,2,2,2

You want to get players while they're running hot.

He's joint 3rd highest scorer in the game and available for less than 9m. I doubt it's just United fans that have taken note of the 7 goals and 3 assists in his past 8 games... an 8ppg average over that time, I'm surprised his ownership is as low as 22% tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Obviously not just United fans yeah. However, given the fact United fans account for a large portion of the game then when one of their players is in form their ownership will surge fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am a United fan as are a few of the lads who play FF in main work league.
    It has the opposite effect . watching and following United makes us more reluctant to get theor players in . Major trust issues.........I got burnt badly last xmas as I refused to get on board early

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

PARlance wrote: »
    He's joint 3rd highest scorer in the game and available for less than 9m. I doubt it's just United fans that have taken note of the 7 goals and 3 assists in his past 8 games... an 8ppg average over that time, I'm surprised his ownership is as low as 22% tbh.

I've plumped got him for next 4 gameweeks and hopefully he doesn't burn me as a Utd fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

I've transferred him in for Jimi this week.....and I'm a Liverpool fan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looking at Lucas to Pulisic for a hit

Kelly & Rashford already in for Tomori and Jimi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thoughts on Pereira for Leicester? Always looks threatening. Would like a short term punt on him but maybe the xmas period isn't the best time to bring him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

i see one or two mentioning TC vardy. I like the idea but not sure i can do it on a player that isnt on a DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 32,920 ✭✭✭✭CSF

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Thoughts on Pereira for Leicester? Always looks threatening. Would like a short term punt on him but maybe the xmas period isn't the best time to bring him in.

He’s the highest scoring defender in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Debating on whether to get rid of KDB for son. Had mane captained last week , luckily had vardy as vice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,920 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Debating on whether to get rid of KDB for son. Had mane captained last week , luckily had vardy as vice.

Ahead of a game against Arsenal?

Advertisement