Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 17 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That’s a cracking XI

I’m guessing there’s nothing in the bank? I wouldn’t be in a mad rush for any changes really, other than to bolster the subs bench a bit. If you could get Krllh even for Christmas itd be a nice insurance policy for rotation.

Jimi would be the one I’d look to change alright, so much value in 5 midfielders

Just reread that, should have been Kelly

Losing all sort of hope in Pope. 11 goals against in 3 games, and 2 points overall there. His run over Christmas/Jan doesn’t inspire much hope.

Are many holding? I’ve nothing ITB, there’s nobody worth getting for 4.6 is there?

I want rid of Tomori too, gives me 4.6 + 4.6 for GK and def
    Guyiata and Kelly overkill?
    Targett gets me a 4.8 keeper (Ryan the best?)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Losing all sort of hope in Pope. 11 goals against in 3 games, and 2 points overall there. His run over Christmas/Jan doesn’t inspire much hope.

Are many holding? I’ve nothing ITB, there’s nobody worth getting for 4.6 is there?

I want rid of Tomori too, gives me 4.6 + 4.6 for GK and def
    Guyiata and Kelly overkill?
    Targett gets me a 4.8 keeper (Ryan the best?)

Targett just went off injured

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Might try bank for the first time in weeks. Team looks OK for once.

Should be the last or second last gameweek you can guarantee full strength teams until GW22.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Sterling , Kane , Montoya to Rashford , Son , TAA. Leaves me with no city players having had 3 for most of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Rashford or Ings in? Part of me wants to avoid Ings as I really wanted him 3 GWs ago but thought he'd be rested by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Jimi to Rashford for 4 weeks anyway.

Also I'm likely to replace Saka for a playing mid for gw18.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,750 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was all set to get rid of Ings back to Abraham, but with Ings on a 3 goal in a row spell, I can't really justify it. Think I will get rid of Janmaat to make sure I have numbers for over the Christmas spell, can't be carrying non-players.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pope
    TAA Lund Soyuncu Rico Cahill
    Son Mané Maddison Zaha Cantwell
    Kane Vardy Jimi

2 fts and looking at two options:

Jimi to Abraham and roll the other one

Jimi and Zaha to Rashford and Grealish. Want Grealish for GW18 onwards but his 4th yellow is an issue.

Had planned on getting rid of Kane but might give him another two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Have Salah & Mane, want to offload one

Have Tielemans, alli & Cantwell.

Looking to get rid of Greewood for Rashford...

Would like Maddison too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looking at the price rises/falls - Looks like a lot doing KdB to Son

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The only way I can afford a Jiminez to Rashford move is to go Sterling to Son and get the funds from that.
    I already have Alli and that move to Son would leave me with no City cover and despite their form I'd be nervous of having no City attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Transfers all done & 2m ITB.

14/15 all playing regular for Xmas period.

Before anyone makes transfers this week I’d suggest they have a look at the fixtures of their current team. It’s a dream week on paper for the popular picks

Liverpool defenders - Watford home
    Lundstram - Villa home
    Soyuncu/Pereira/Chilwell - Norwich home
    Kelly - Bournemouth home

Mane/Salah - Watford home
    Maddison - Norwich home
    Son/Alli - Wolves home
    Mount/Pulisic - Bournemouth home
    Zaha - Bournemouth home

Vardy - Norwich home
    Abraham - Bournemouth home
    Rashford - Everton home
    Ings - West Ham home

Really apart from Spurs, Wolves and City players, most of the popular players have excellent fixtures on paper. Shame to transfer before them

The only way I can afford a Jiminez to Rashford move is to go Sterling to Son and get the funds from that.
    I already have Alli and that move to Son would leave me with no City cover and despite their form I'd be nervous of having no City attack.

Interesting you fancy Rashford over Martial. For me it wasn’t a contest all season but now looks like it is. Still think I’d prefer Martial though. Although I don’t fancy their upcoming games.

I think people are dumping City a week too early. They play Arsenal next. Could score 3,4 or 5 in that game.

I’m down to just KDB now but he’ll be sold after that arsenal game for Son. City are not right at the minute and even if they get it back for 1-2 games they look like they have lost their (ridiculously high) level of consistency. I have no fear of going without City, after that Arsenal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Before anyone makes transfers this week I’d suggest they have a look at the fixtures of their current team. It’s a dream week on paper for the popular picks

Liverpool defenders - Watford home
    Lundstram - Villa home
    Soyuncu/Pereira/Chilwell - Norwich home
    Kelly - Bournemouth home

Mane/Salah - Watford home
    Maddison - Norwich home
    Son/Alli - Wolves home
    Mount/Pulisic - Bournemouth home
    Zaha - Bournemouth home

Vardy - Norwich home
    Abraham - Bournemouth home
    Rashford - Everton home
    Ings - West Ham home

Really apart from Spurs, Wolves and City players, most of the popular players have excellent fixtures on paper. Shame to transfer before them

My biggest dilemma is choosing who to bench. Right bow I'm benching Mount, Lundstram and Rico but Tomari may not start.

^^^^^

I think Chelsea, Leicester and Man City, in that order, have the 3 easiest fixtures next GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Prob jimmy to tammy
    Should have 11 playing at home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Pope
    TAA Lund Soyuncu Rico Cahill
    Son Mané Maddison Zaha Cantwell
    Kane Vardy Jimi

2 fts and looking at two options:

Jimi to Abraham and roll the other one

Jimi and Zaha to Rashford and Grealish. Want Grealish for GW18 onwards but his 4th yellow is an issue.

Had planned on getting rid of Kane but might give him another two games.

Or Kane/Cantwell to Abraham/?l or Rashford/? (say) and roll transfer next week

Yeah tough decisions for you this week. Bournemouth are down to the bare bones...I was surprised Tammy started this weekend and I think he'll start midweek so could be rested next GW!!!
    The 4 YC thing for guys you need in GW18 means waiting for me.

Not much help really,
    I think your 2FT option is the better move.

klopparama wrote: »
    Interesting you fancy Rashford over Martial. For me it wasn’t a contest all season but now looks like it is. Still think I’d prefer Martial though. Although I don’t fancy their upcoming games.

I think people are dumping City a week too early. They play Arsenal next. Could score 3,4 or 5 in that game.

I’m down to just KDB now but he’ll be sold after that arsenal game for Son. City are not right at the minute and even if they get it back for 1-2 games they look like they have lost their (ridiculously high) level of consistency. I have no fear of going without City, after that Arsenal game.

I might just bank as I have cover for the teams I want.
    Midfield of Sterling,Mane, Madison,Alli.
    Front 3 of Jiminez,Vardy and Abraham.

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    Or Kane/Cantwell to Abraham/?l or Rashford/? (say) and roll transfer next week

Yeah tough decisions for you this week. Bournemouth are down to the bare bones...I was surprised Tammy started this weekend and I think he'll start midweek so could be rested next GW!!!
    The 4 YC thing for guys you need in GW18 means waiting for me.

Not much help really,
    I think your 2FT option is the better move.

Tis a tricky one alright. I'm a bit wary of the fact that Rashford hasn't done that well against teams outside the top 6. Jimi has a nice fixture in GW18 too and he's just so consistent, Spurs and City at home aren't bad fixtures with their defences being so bad right now. Kane to Abraham makes more sense when I think about it.

I might just bank as I have cover for the teams I want.
    Midfield of Sterling,Mane, Madison,Alli.
    Front 3 of Jiminez,Vardy and Abraham.

I’d love to own Sterling for next GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rashford has returned in 7 of the last 8 games, including 2 double digit score and 3 9's. Given that he is on penalties, and united get a lot of them, I think it's a no-brainer to pick Rashford over Martial. Martial is also very injury prone and miss random games.

Only 3 players have over 100 points so far, and Rashford is one of them, I think he has gone under the radar way to long, as people just say United are crap xyz, without realising that he's still scoring goals. Similar to Ings I feel - he returns lately are very good, especially for his price tag, but most will say Southampton are in relegation zone and turn blind eye.

I’d love to own Sterling for next GW.

He never scores against United so I was kind of expecting just the couple of points he got.
    He could destroy Arsenal on his own the way they are playing so keeping him looks like the sensible move.

Tis a tricky one alright. I'm a bit wary of the fact that Rashford hasn't done that well against teams outside the top 6. Jimi has a nice fixture in GW18 too and he's just so consistent, Spurs and City at home aren't bad fixtures with their defences being so bad right now. Kane to Abraham makes more sense when I think about it.

And roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭macraignil

Son in for De Bruyne before he goes up in price tonight.

ElTel wrote: »
    And roll?

Yeah probably. It would allow me to wait another week on Grealish plus 2fts for 18 would be good. Tammy looks like rising again tonight but I won't do anything until Friday.

Looks like I'll save my transfer.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Rashford has returned in 7 of the last 8 games, including 2 double digit score and 3 9's. Given that he is on penalties, and united get a lot of them, I think it's a no-brainer to pick Rashford over Martial. Martial is also very injury prone and miss random games.

Only 3 players have over 100 points so far, and Rashford is one of them, I think he has gone under the radar way to long, as people just say United are crap xyz, without realising that he's still scoring goals. Similar to Ings I feel - he returns lately are very good, especially for his price tag, but most will say Southampton are in relegation zone and turn blind eye.

Yes recently the gap, as I seen it, has closed between Rashford and Martial.

I started the season seeing Martial as oop and I rate him very highly. It was a no brainer for me. I think even at one stage he may have been on penalties or was involved in a rotation. It’s hard when you start off thinking one way to come round to another way of thinking.

Either way his ability and oop was enough for me.

You can also play 5 in the middle or 3 up front.

Even now if i was picking 3 strikers I wouldn’t pick Rashford.

Gun to head if I had to have one of them in my team tomorrow I’d still rather go with Martial as a midfielder. But maybe that’s because I’m blinded by my praise/awe of Martial. Loyalty usually harms my overall score but I did, reluctantly, sell Martial for Alli last week.

100% agree that Rashford seems to have totally gone under the radar.

• Advertisement

macraignil wrote: »
    Son in for De Bruyne before he goes up in price tonight.

Will Alli not do yah!?
    I've KDB since GW1 (Son and Alli too :p )

No.

Advertisement