Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

People who put a wet teaspoon back in the sugar bowl :mad: . There's a few culprits in my office

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Gobby mares who describe themselves as "Activists"....

Gobby mares who describe themselves as "Bubbly"

Gobby mares who describe themselves as "Free Spirits"

Gobby mares.....generally !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The utter, utter sh*t-show and shambles that is 3 customer care.

I've been trying to get an unlock code from them since fcuking October.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When I inhale through my nose, there's a little squeaking noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    When I inhale through my nose, there's a little squeaking noise.

Bit of WD-40 will sort that out no bodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When "traditional " arrangements are proposed to be changed with the tagline "it will probably be easier on you this way"

Eh no, if it was a hassle I would have suggested a change.

Now I'm left wondering if they have been p1ssed off about the "traditional " arrangement, which incidentally wasn't of my making, and are now being passive aggressive. Or if they genuinely feel like they are doing me a favour.

Either way no biggy, pros and cons to both arrangements but still left wondering what the "truth" is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Accepting Cookies

Not getting anything done around my house in good time because the dog always has to walk in front of me at a snail's clip.

Separate water taps. You either freeze or scald your hands, wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was soooooooooooooooo happy last weekend, I bought my fav in the world 'lady toy' for about 10e cheaper than usual cause of that horrible capitalist notion of black friday.

TA, the moter isnt strong enough so its not worth the money I did pay for it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Bredabe wrote: »
    Was soooooooooooooooo happy last weekend, I bought my fav in the world 'lady toy' for about 10e cheaper than usual cause of that horrible capitalist notion of black friday.

TA, the moter isnt strong enough so its not worth the money I did pay for it.

They have better stronger ones on the US sites and their sales are better plus if you Google reviews of the brand in question, bloggers often post a discount code for it in the review (in case you didn't already know). I'd send that back as not fit for purpose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've two rants today so I'll roll them into one post.

The TL;DR for the first one is if there's a motorcycle behind you, please keep moving (if possible)

I had just started my bike for the first time in weeks today when the van in front of me stopped to leave someone out of a car park. I had to drop down to first, stop with the clutch held in my hand, and try and balance the choke so it's not revving too high but won't stall on me either. All while the lady in the car park looked around gormlessly for an eternity before kangarooing off. I know we're in a small town and it's nice to be nice to your neighbours, but we were the only two vehicles there - it would have been quicker to keep going and let her move off when the street was empty.

And 90% of the time in the city I'm changing lanes and filtering though traffic it's because my superbike isn't really designed for the city and overheats quickly, so I'm trying to keep moving and limit my time in traffic. It's very nice that you stopped to wave that pedestrian across, but he'd already pressed the button for the crossing and wouldn't have been waiting long...

Rant number 2's TL;DR is there's some shockingly bad drivers out there.

I was behind a car at a roundabout in Nexttownover while they waited for a gap. I thought there was a gap big enough before I even got there, but she waited for ages until the roundabout was clear, then another 8-10 seconds for reasons that are a mystery to me. Crossing a bridge she went over the solid white line in the centre, even though there was traffic coming the other way. At the next roundabout, she barrelled out onto it while braking, and yielded to traffic on her left. If anything had been coming from the right, she wouldn't have stopped in time. At the next left turn she drifted over into the right turn only lane before swinging around, because we all know an Avensis needs more turning space than a bus. When we reached the dual carriageway, there's a short enough slip road before you have to merge, and by Christ was she going to merge at the end of that slip road no matter what - much to the surprise of the approaching Avensis that had to swerve to avoid her. Now, the road was clear, and the approaching Avensis should have already moved out to allow her to merge, but I doubt if she so much as checked her mirror before moving out.

Would she have totted up enough offences in those few minutes to accumulate enough penalty points to put her off the road? She's a danger to herself and others and it's only a matter of time until she kills someone, if she hasn't already....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Purgative wrote: »
    ATMs that ask how much you want.
    - This machine only has 50s your transaction has been cancelled
    - You b4stard why not let me change the amount. Alright I'll take my card out and try again. There's a queue of people behind me and they all think I'm an idiot for forgetting the PIN

Do you want Irish or English?
    Print receipt Yes or No?

PISS OFF AND GIVE ME MY FUGGIN MONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

LirW wrote: »
    ATMs not giving out 10 euro notes. That together with various school payments that always have really specific amounts. Wrecks my head. Nobody wants a 50 euro note for God's sake.
    Ulster Bank still do €10s afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Driving towards the low hanging winter sun, my retinas are still recovering.

Driving towards the low hanging winter sun, my retinas are still recovering.

It was very strong this afternoon and the visor doesn't block it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

People who say they'll do something but never do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Bloggers/Instagrammers discussing sparkly dresses and tops for Christmas and calling them 'sequence'.

It's SEQUINS.

Lost count of how many times I've seen it now.

What's happening to spelling in this country? We all learnt basic spelling in primary school, yet the amount of people who seem unable to spell correctly is astonishing.

I bet you checked every single word of your post twice, to make sure there was no spelling mistakes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ringing the revenue office and the default prerecorded options are in Irish. I had to guess which number was for English

Feeling guilty about finding someone's trivially annoying behaviour annoying. It's TA in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Saw a mouse in the sitting room an hour ago, pest control can't come out until the morning

I'm not a big fan of them to put it lightly, and I'm sort of trapped in the kitchen until my phone dies, my chargers in my room but since my room is downstairs that could well be how it got in and I don't want to go in there

Got the same reaction from housemates and friends nearby that I was hoping would help - sure it's only a mouse be grand, yet none of the fcukers want to do anything to help me

My chesticles are sore :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,872 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Saw a mouse in the sitting room an hour ago, pest control can't come out until the morning

I'm not a big fan of them to put it lightly, and I'm sort of trapped in the kitchen until my phone dies, my chargers in my room but since my room is downstairs that could well be how it got in and I don't want to go in there

Got the same reaction from housemates and friends nearby that I was hoping would help - sure it's only a mouse be grand, yet none of the fcukers want to do anything to help me

Good news is you don't have rats.
    Bad news there's probably a family of mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

How come there is 2 pages for the Fairytale In New York thread but its an invalid thread, is that possible :eek:.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Good news is you don't have rats.
    Bad news there's probably a family of mice.

Sooner their heads are separated from their bodies or whatever's done these days the better

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Aisling Bea and her lack of funniness ruins another episode of QI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I was looking online at a hotel in Tullamore

Now I'm no flaming nationalist but the full English breakfast is included

C´mon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There was a little job I had to do, which I thought would be annoying because it meant dealing with bureaucracy etc. I took care of it on Monday, and it wasn't as bad as I'd thought. Because I'd built it up as this big thing in my head, however, I'm now left with this nagging feeling that there's something I need to do ... even though I've already done it. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My friend keeps trying to set me up with one of her boyfriends mates, despite me telling her multiple times that I’m. Not. Interested.

She keeps texting me saying “I told Johnny this....”, “Johnny said...”, “he’s so lovely” etc.

STOP IT. I CAN SORT MY OWN LOVE LIFE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My friend keeps trying to set me up with one of her boyfriends mates, despite me telling her multiple times that I’m. Not. Interested.

She keeps texting me saying “I told Johnny this....”, “Johnny said...”, “he’s so lovely” etc.

STOP IT. I CAN SORT MY OWN LOVE LIFE.
    Ah give him a chance Kitty. Johnny is a good man.

source.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    People who say they'll do something but never do.
    Ran a few of those types.**** them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Guy Person wrote: »
    Ah give him a chance Kitty. Johnny is a good man.

source.gif

Avoid it like the plague. If she is that pushy means he has some issues.Ol'Shady won't steer you wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement