Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

When the only cooking a grown man can do is throwing an oven pizza into the oven. Or similar, when a man can't turn on a washing machine.

Or when people act like their partner is a legend for 'babysitting' THEIR kids.. Or 'helping' around the house.'oh John is great for helping around the house he does the dishwasher once a day' It's his kids, and his house, it's just as much his responsibility as it is yours, you are living with a ten year old, and praising their chores.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A 39 year old acquaintances of mine was complaining because his friend's wife never makes him any sandwiches when he visits.
    I gently pointed out that it's inappropriate and unreasonable to expect her to ("why the f*** should she?"). "She's sixty something!" He said. " The old ones usually do. Shur what else have they to do be doing?"

• Registered Users Posts: 30,349 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your crossing the road with somebody and the other person is indecisive and when it's safe to cross they won't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,349 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Bloggers/Instagrammers discussing sparkly dresses and tops for Christmas and calling them 'sequence'.

It's SEQUINS.

Lost count of how many times I've seen it now.

What's happening to spelling in this country? We all learnt basic spelling in primary school, yet the amount of people who seem unable to spell correctly is astonishing.

There's a problem there allright!

I logged into my Facebook account and just. Logged out again. People going to town on the statement by the father of the male victim of the London Bridge attack. They'd politicize anything, and when they start a post with "I hate to say it but...".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bloggers/Instagrammers discussing sparkly dresses and tops for Christmas and calling them 'sequence'.

It's SEQUINS.

Lost count of how many times I've seen it now.

What's happening to spelling in this country? We all learnt basic spelling in primary school, yet the amount of people who seem unable to spell correctly is astonishing.

Keep away from the Facebook thread so. it will make your head explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

There's a problem there allright!

Well it's certainly a trivial annoyance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Lilly Allen's hammed up English accent. Not the accent that annoys me, but the fact that it is deliberately hammed up. Listen to the line "I'm getting tired and I need someone to rely on" in Somewhere Only We Know. She says, "I'm Geh-ing tired" :mad:

Tye add?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

my bastard lungs being bastards today. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When the only cooking a grown man can do is throwing an oven pizza into the oven. Or similar, when a man can't turn on a washing machine.

Man here. Cooked every night for my ex for about two years. One particular day I got in from work after a 12 hour shift absolutely shattered. She goes ''what are we having?'' I said I dunno what are you making? ''Me?!'' is what I was greeted with. I just stared at her until she goes ''Fine, sit right there!''. I was actually intrigued. She says ''I'll make you tea while we wait''. I was starting to enjoy this. Feet up. TV on.

She hands me what I could only describe as luke-warm milk water with a sorrowful looking tea bag floating in it. I thought to myself ''if this is what she's giving me to drink, I shudder to think of what's for the dinner''. I went into the kitchen and saw her putting a frozen Goodfellas pizza in to the microwave.... with the clingfilm still on it.

PS- I never once saw her even acknowledge the washing machine.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Lilly Allen's hammed up English accent. Not the accent that annoys me, but the fact that it is deliberately hammed up.

I've heard it described as 'Mockney'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Ejits that live on social media. Oh hold on don't eat your pizza I wanna take a pic for instagram... hang on don't drink yet I've to post it on FB we're in Costa...

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Ejits that live on social media. Oh hold on don't eat your pizza I wanna take a pic for instagram... hang on don't drink yet I've to post it on FB we're in Costa...

Also, the social media snobs - you know the ones who are "too good" for Facebook (and make a point of telling you they don't have an account for xyz reason) but pimp their sad lives all over Instagram. Like, why?:rolleyes:

My oh can cook well and do home and vehicle maintenance but it's the cooking that fascinates me. I love watching him cooking. My 1st ex thought cooking was beneath him. 2nd ex cooked for himself but was quite pampered, his mum cleans his house. But I can't criticise as I changed my 1st lightbulb at the grand age of 26. I know what a plug fuse looks like but not what to do with it. I've got halfway through changing a tyre before willingly let a local man take over. But isn't there an element of nobody ever teaching us in the 1st place?

I remember being shown how to change a plug as part of the Junior Cert science course. Still can't change one now though, mostly because I always relied on my Dad to do it and he always did it. When I lived away from home, there was always a housemate or partner who could do it. There's usually an element of "couldn't be bothered" to a lot of these things too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I remember being shown how to change a plug as part of the Junior Cert science course.

There's a reason why appliances now have to come with (usually moulded) plugs - too many fire and/or electrocution hazards created by wannabe electricians :P

Seven Worlds will Collide

There's a reason why appliances now have to come with (usually moulded) plugs - too many fire and/or electrocution hazards created by wannabe electricians :P

Trust me, I never wanted to be an electrician! I still have problems remembering which is the earth one - is it brown? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Trust me, I never wanted to be an electrician! I still have problems remembering which is the earth one - is it brown? :pac:

No....green/yellow QED :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

Having a flat hair day.

There was a young man with his mum or carer in a shop in Limerick earlier. Some woman wanted to get past them and said something but the lad didn't hear or understand. The woman says loudly "Jesus is he a bit slow or something?"
    I thought, if you realise there's something up, surely you could give him some slack!

• Advertisement

Impatient bastards getting the hump when stuck behind a learner driver. Bad enough if it's toward someone who is displaying an 'N' or 'L' plate but you're a particular level of trog scum if you beep at someone in an actual driving school car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Also, the social media snobs - you know the ones who are "too good" for Facebook (and make a point of telling you they don't have an account for xyz reason) but pimp their sad lives all over Instagram. Like, why?:rolleyes:

I don't have a Facebook because they wanted my ID and other forms of identification to prove I was me. **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Dear Aldi,

I would like to purchase one of the below items, but in adult human size.

C_Sun49-COL-1C-3_20191115_IE.jpg?o=jxMzj3aPyfQAX8%406eRIm0o%40xpBoj&V=iuFw&p=2&w=290&h=290&q=90

What do you mean you don't make them, that it would pull the radiator off the wall with the weight of me??! :mad:

Bah humbug to you too Aldi!!!

The use of stupid tense when writing about a tragedy that has occurred in some rural part of Ireland. When people are quoted in the lazy article about it, it's all "he would have been very well known here" or "they would have been big GAA supporters" or "the parish would be very shaken up at this point in time"

1. It matters not one f*ck if someone was a GAA supporter or not, or how well known they were - a tragedy is a tragedy and is not diminished because someone is from a big city as opposed to a small town.

2. The word you are looking for is "were". They were well known. They were GAA supporters etc. "Would have been" implies that they would have been but for [insert reason].

And then I find myself wondering, do all people from rural Ireland talk like this when being interviewed about an accident, or is it just lazy journalism?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The use of stupid tense when writing about a tragedy that has occurred in some rural part of Ireland. When people are quoted in the lazy article about it, it's all "he would have been very well known here" or "they would have been big GAA supporters" or "the parish would be very shaken up at this point in time"

1. It matters not one f*ck if someone was a GAA supporter or not, or how well known they were - a tragedy is a tragedy and is not diminished because someone is from a big city as opposed to a small town.

2. The word you are looking for is "were". They were well known. They were GAA supporters etc. "Would have been" implies that they would have been but for [insert reason].

And then I find myself wondering, do all people from rural Ireland talk like this when being interviewed about an accident, or is it just lazy journalism?

Or when they quote some priest or moronic local councillor who clearly have no idea who the person is but saw a chance to get their name in the news. Parasites

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Or when they quote some priest or moronic local councillor who clearly have no idea who the person is but saw a chance to get their name in the news. Parasites

I've already warned my mam if I die a tragic death I don't want 50 fcekin priests on the alter that usually come out of the woodwork on these occasions. One will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Why does no-one see my fcuking doorbell.
    Delivery, health visitors, etc all tap the door while theres a working doorbell right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,118 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

cjmc wrote: »
    Why does no-one see my fcuking doorbell.
    Delivery, health visitors, etc all tap the door while theres a working doorbell right there.

Are you Jack White?:p

i%E2%80%99m-thinking-about-my-doorbell-when-ya-gonna-ring-it-59093058.png

My TA for the day, people taking ages at ATMs. You'd swear they were designing the next iphone or something.:mad:

Also, pulled a muscle or something in my back tying my shoe this morning:(

People who send lurid memes. Fine if it's to your partner. Not ok to send to a friend. Basic manners. Post it on your FB newsreels by all means but not in a PM or text. That's skating close to thin ice.

I recently had a stressful day and a sort of friend text'd me "how are you?" . "Not bad, but need a hug!"
    Cue meme of a couple heavy petting (dressed but still) and kissing. Followed by a meme of an orangutang looking dopey,and it was a sort of full frontal photo iyswim. "When you going to let me put my thang in you" it said. This could be a TA about poor communication skills too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who send lurid memes. Fine if it's to your partner. Not ok to send to a friend. Basic manners. Post it on your FB newsreels by all means but not in a PM or text. That's skating close to thin ice.

I recently had a stressful day and a sort of friend text'd me "how are you?" . "Not bad, but need a hug!"
    Cue meme of a couple heavy petting (dressed but still) and kissing. Followed by a meme of an orangutang looking dopey,and it was a sort of full frontal photo iyswim. "When you going to let me put my thang in you" it said. This could be a TA about poor communication skills too.

Maybe they fancy you.And that was their "way in" so to speak:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement