Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I'm bloody freezing and I just burned both cheeks of my ar$e standing in front of a Stanley cooker, trying to warm up. Sitting stings.

I'm always on hand to warm your bum or in this case apply some soothing cream :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It’s nowhere near as bad as the “loose” for lose brigade.

For me the champion is 'alot' so much in this neighbourhood I was almost convinced the rules had changed :p

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Alecto wrote: »
    I'm always on hand to warm your bum or in this case apply some soothing cream :P

Haha thanks but I'm OK! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The 'always one' who says the same thing in a conversation about in this case a place, while ignoring the other things that need sorting out as well.

I needed copies of my year end grades, they used to be on our moodle, they are gone now, uni charges 4e to print each year and it takes two week. I feel so ripped off.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I find my grammar is affected when typing in social media sometimes, I find I type 'you no' instead of 'you know' sometimes, this has happened when doing my blog too and its frustrating, I have to correct it again.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People paying lip service to something but acting contrary to their show of concern for the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've had an earworm of a song in my head all day, do you think I can remember what it was when I get a chance to google.

Can I fook, completely gone out of my head now.

Dunno which is more TA, having it go round & round my head, or forgetting what it was in the first place.

Shroedinger's TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

For me the champion is 'alot' so much in this neighbourhood I was almost convinced the rules had changed :p

I'd like to add defiantly for definitely and seen/done for saw/did.

First item on my Googles Saturday news:

"Late late toy show great success!!!!!!!"

Eff off. Blocked agent on google news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

mikemac2 wrote: »

Thats a TH! I'm picturing your dog bopping away to some tunes :)
    Im just worried he'll start participating in drive-bys and start wearing his pants way too low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It’s nowhere near as bad as the “loose” for lose brigade.

I struggle to differentiate those words if I’m writing quickly. There’s a handful of other words like that too that I struggle with. And I know there’s nothing wrong with my intelligence levels, however full of myself that makes me sound. I’m interested in why people make those language errors.

So I guess you could say that I’m trivially annoyed at people not scratching below the surface of why people make the spelling mistakes that they do.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh I'm so guilty of this one. I'll rewrite whole paragraphs to get around it.

I even tried a little rhyme involving a moose still doesn't work.

Now I blame autocorrect :)

"Lose" lost an "o" because it was "loose". :cool:

You're welcome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People walking around in winter wearing american style shorts, or jeans with holes, in them, ripped jeans, are they not cold ?
    its hard to stop on a street for 1 minute on a street in the city center.
    without someone asking for money.
    All young people ,well dressed .
    do they really need money,
    is it a scam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

New Home wrote: »
    "Lose" lost an "o" because it was "loose". :cool:

You're welcome. :D

Just took a screenshot of that!!! I will still probably fcek it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

People who go on and on about their stuff in conversation not drawing breath for the other person to get a word in or change to a different subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Brain, let me sleeeeeeeeeeeeep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

People talking boring pointless sh!te. Also selective hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A friend's husband messaging me he can't 'associate' with me as I remain friends with people who owe him money.
    This guy used to be my friend until he developed a drink problem and started shouting abuse at me and his wife. I might meet him briefly at their house if I was calling for her, that's it.
    I responded to the message saying "business as usual then? I haven't 'associated' with you in years because of bullying and abuse."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who are unable to do simple household tasks. Make a dinner, light the fire, change a plug, paint, hang a picture, change a bulb in the car. Well educated people, with good jobs, who haven't the hands to wipe their ar$e. How did they manage to get this far? Mammied to within an inch of life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

riclad wrote: »
    People walking around in winter wearing american style shorts, or jeans with holes, in them, ripped jeans, are they not cold ?
    its hard to stop on a street for 1 minute on a street in the city center.
    without someone asking for money.
    All young people ,well dressed .
    do they really need money,
    is it a scam ?

I was in the city the other night, freezing cold and wet... but sure 5 girls walk by in skirts and tank tops... the ****.

Being mocked for picking up a "buffer accent" and not pronouncing the 'h' in "mouth". The p1ss taker doesn't pronounce his 'r's though. Awight?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Gwynplaine wrote:
    People who are unable to do simple household tasks. Make a dinner, light the fire, change a plug, paint, hang a picture, change a bulb in the car. Well educated people, with good jobs, who haven't the hands to wipe their ar$e. How did they manage to get this far? Mammied to within an inch of life.

I regularly bring homemade lunches/dinners to work with me. The level of surprise that a 36 year old male can cook more than toast is unbelievable. Maybe I'm in the minority.

Totally agree with the over-mammied ge neration that came after me.

My oh can cook well and do home and vehicle maintenance but it's the cooking that fascinates me. I love watching him cooking. My 1st ex thought cooking was beneath him. 2nd ex cooked for himself but was quite pampered, his mum cleans his house. But I can't criticise as I changed my 1st lightbulb at the grand age of 26. I know what a plug fuse looks like but not what to do with it. I've got halfway through changing a tyre before willingly let a local man take over. But isn't there an element of nobody ever teaching us in the 1st place?

Couldn't buy a decent size of white felt anywhere for my craft fair hut. Had to do with large sheet of white paper instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,915 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Walking on a trail in a national park, a wildlife refuge, signposted EVERYWHERE... NO off leash dogs and NO bicycles.

Heaps of people who know better with their unleashed fur babies and a git racing about on a mountain bike.
    Someone even went to the trouble of bringing a can of black spray paint to spray over one of the no off leash dogs signs.

Lunatics on bicycles keep trying to kill me. Once in Tipp, woodland path to Swiss Cottage. Once in Dublin, eejit with no lighting in the dusk came right up to me as I was nearly accross the road. It was starting to look like he had no brakes either. Then a few weeks ago a teenager came flying around the path bend and stopped of a shot. He looked as shocked as me and got off and walked the rest of the way but the others didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Bit of an odd experience today. I was actually in the lion's den in Dublin Zoo! They were extremely aggressive, snarling, clawing, running at me and making me fear for my life.......... Oh wait sorry, I wasn't in the lion's den in the Zoo I was in Liffey Valley three weeks before Christmas. I got confused because thousands of people trampling over their own kids with a look of pure crazed mania on their faces to desperately grab bottles of perfume that are two euro cheaper than normal feels very much like the same thing.
    PEOPLE ARE FOOKING ANIMALS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Bloggers/Instagrammers discussing sparkly dresses and tops for Christmas and calling them 'sequence'.

It's SEQUINS.

Lost count of how many times I've seen it now.

What's happening to spelling in this country? We all learnt basic spelling in primary school, yet the amount of people who seem unable to spell correctly is astonishing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Stacey Dooleys voice.
    I like everything else, she's beautiful, great reports. It's just that fcuking London ( I think) accent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement