Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

KCross wrote: »
    The idea is to charge at night where there is masses of spare electric capacity that wont affect our peak demand at all.

Some upgrades will be required in time when we have the majority of cars charging at night but thats a decade or two away.
    Yet our individual peak demand continues to increase

I was not addressing the supply issue and its peak demand, but individual peak demand.

So local substations and even more local transformers, meters etc etc will need upgrading should a lot of people in groups of houses go BEV and charge at night.
    Just like broadband issues, once there is a way to consume higher amounts, people will demand a higher supply, whether any one of us considers it a 'necessity' or not.

Over the decades we have moved from 5A, 15A, 40A supplies to 60A most common now. 80A is available I recall reading on Boards someplace.

Apparently 29KVA (~120A) is the max available for a household now, but the infrastructure is not present to support a majority moving to that supply rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I was not addressing the supply issue and its peak demand, but individual peak demand.

So local substations and even more local transformers, meters etc etc will need upgrading should a lot of people in groups of houses go BEV and charge at night.

supply demand and individual peak demand are closely aligned.

The point is there is loads of capacity, even locally, to charge at night.

ESB have a report on it if you search the forum.... i posted it a few times.

supply demand and individual peak demand are closely aligned.

The point is there is loads of capacity, even locally, to charge at night.

ESB have a report on it if you search the forum.... i posted it a few times.

I repeat ..... it is the infrastructure capacity I am referring to and not the supply capacity.

I repeat ..... it is the infrastructure capacity I am referring to and not the supply capacity.

I was replying to your twice repeated "peak demand" posts which is a supply term.

On the local infrastructure side, that's all in the ESB report too.

There will be some localised infrastructure upgrades required(typically end of rural lines) as we move forward but not wholesale upgrades until we get to something like 400,000 EV's.

I was replying to your twice repeated "peak demand" posts which is a supply term.

I can only guess why you changed what I wrote
    our individual peak demand

to something you apparently wanted for your own purposes.

I have enough of this!

• Advertisement

I can only guess why you changed what I wrote

to something you apparently wanted for your own purposes.

I have enough of this!

You’ve lost me now. I didn’t change what you wrote.

I’ve responded to your infrastructure question now that you clarified it.

But if you feel the need to be annoyed be my guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

For anyone awaiting their e-Niro, the Morning Celine is due to arrive into Dublin on 05/12/2019. Nothing else currently listed on the Eukor website. It would be listing ships en-route for arrivals up to the first week in January, which have already departed Pyeongtaek

CPTM wrote: »
    Yeah I saw both today. E soul has more back seat space but a tiny boot. So I went with the Eniro which seems to have a lot of space in the boot in comparison.

Apparently there was a misunderstanding about delivery date. He thought I needed it by January, and said he doesn't know when it will arrive but it will definitely be the first quarter. Anytime before April is fine with me. He was confident about that so I paid the 500€ deposit for it. Fingers crossed it comes before April. And we get the 500€ Supervalu voucher too which is great.

My dealer contacted me today. He confirmed that I will be in the second batch of the year, which will be April. Since they cannot confirm anything exactly (neither dates or prices), he said that they (Kia Ireland) will NOT be honoring the inclusion of a €500 SuperValu voucher !!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

championc wrote: »
    My dealer contacted me today. He confirmed that I will be in the second batch of the year, which will be April. Since they cannot confirm anything exactly (neither dates or prices), he said that they (Kia Ireland) will NOT be honoring the inclusion of a €500 SuperValu voucher !!!

Where abouts is your dealer? It's like they don't want to sell the car!!

graememk wrote: »
    Where abouts is your dealer? It's like they don't want to sell the car!!

Dundrum, Dublin

• Advertisement

Dundrum, Dublin

I'll let you know know if mine contacts me with any changes. But the pull back on the voucher is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I was told I was getting it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭CPTM

Interesting. He showed me my name being put on a list in an Excel file for the voucher. I wonder can I ask for a refund if they suddenly back out of that. It was very clearly part of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭zg3409

CPTM wrote: »
    Interesting. He showed me my name being put on a list in an Excel file for the voucher. I wonder can I ask for a refund if they suddenly back out of that. It was very clearly part of the deal.

Ring a different dealer then cancel old dealer. If course you can cancel, he changed the deal. Everything is negotiable, if he can't give you the voucher he can knock 500 off price. You can decide if you want to walk away and buy a different car.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Looks like the offer only covers 201 registered cars. If it's going to be a 202 reg, I don't think they will offer the voucher.

From the KIA website:
    Simply put down a deposit of €500 on any 201 Kia model before 18th December 2019 and we’ll return it you in €500 SuperValu Giftcard! This €500 voucher is based on a non-refundable deposit of €500 placed on a 201 registration retail model.

icom wrote: »
    Looks like the offer only covers 201 registered cars. If it's going to be a 202 reg, I don't think they will offer the voucher.

From the KIA website:
    Simply put down a deposit of €500 on any 201 Kia model before 18th December 2019 and we’ll return it you in €500 SuperValu Giftcard! This €500 voucher is based on a non-refundable deposit of €500 placed on a 201 registration retail model.

Yep - and July is way after April, and April is pretty much nailed down. So if it was contractually bound, it would be solid.

ive Just got the gift card in todays post :) I was originally on a jan delivery but choose to wait for the 2nd edition

ive Just got the gift card in todays post :) I was originally on a jan delivery but choose to wait for the 2nd edition

Expecting my gift voucher early next week, it's a January delivery.

The eNiro is sitting at the dealers for the past two weeks and it's killing me seeing it every day when I drive past on the way to and from work !

Can't wait :)

Expecting my gift voucher early next week, it's a January delivery.

The eNiro is sitting at the dealers for the past two weeks and it's killing me seeing it every day when I drive past on the way to and from work !

Can't wait :)

Know that feeling, we've had it with tractors, we had one sitting for 2-3 months as we didnt "need" it until the spring time and wanted the new plates, Also wanted some modifications too done on it before it arrived.

My letter was dated 22 nov and came via registered post

Got home to discover that the the Supervalu gift voucher had arrived today.
    Just had it in my hand for a minute before the other half claimed it :)

Also dated 22 nov and came via registered post.

Got home to discover that the the Supervalu gift voucher had arrived today.
    Just had it in my hand for a minute before the other half claimed it :)

Also dated 22 nov and came via registered post.

Mine hasnt seen it but its already claimed... Is the one you have ordered the demo that they have there or a different one?

• Advertisement

Mine hasnt seen it but its already claimed... Is the one you have ordered the demo that they have there or a different one?

It is the Silver one, don't think it was offically a demo, but I know a few people had a spin over the open weekend, including myself !
    Demo miles discount was agreed !

My last three cars were silver, so I'm sticking with that, easy to keep clean :)

This is the one:
    http://www.inishowenmotors.ie/car-details/2433515/

Yep that's the one I was on about :-) it's a lovely car!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

It is the Silver one, don't think it was offically a demo, but I know a few people had a spin over the open weekend, including myself !
    Demo miles discount was agreed !

My last three cars were silver, so I'm sticking with that, easy to keep clean :)

This is the one:
    http://www.inishowenmotors.ie/car-details/2433515/

Nice car.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Have the same one icom - waiting in the dealers since last week so I'm hoping the grant application doesn't take long and I can pick up right away in Jan. Wanted white but the silver is a good colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Lads. Anyone know if there is a Niro EV demo model available to drive in any dealer in Cork / Limerick area? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Try J&P in Douglas. They had one a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Nothing in Limerick. Latest as of Saturday is that there demo will land in January/February.

We test drove a demo at Nyhan motors, Bandon

MizMix wrote: »
    Have the same one icom - waiting in the dealers since last week so I'm hoping the grant application doesn't take long and I can pick up right away in Jan. Wanted white but the silver is a good colour.

Would have liked the Platinum Graphite, but with the eNiro being so scarce on the ground, suppose I'm lucky to be getting any colour !
    I was offered one in Runway Red, but I don't want a red car, so sticking with the silver. Hope they get the grant sorted asap and I can pick up very early January.

Kia uk has released a press release about the next version of one coming to the UK

https://www.kiapressoffice.com/en-gb/releases/1129?fbclid=IwAR1EC1yjCti6GxlDYHtAEK8Fc7-YV--LJZmf7cy_hbz0jnOC_iYXrV0VbdA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭spakman

I saw two trucks carrying e-Niros heading south on M50 this morning (to the depot at Baldonnel I presume).

Advertisement