Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Any word on the shooting in north strand this morning? Mustn’t be gang related

• Registered Users Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Augme

Is €1k per week profit really that bad? 99% of lads who grow up in that environment would never make even close to that kind of money by legitimately. I'd have thought 1k per week would be pretty solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Augme wrote: »
    Is €1k per week profit really that bad? 99% of lads who grow up in that environment would never make even close to that kind of money by legitimately. I'd have thought 1k per week would be pretty solid.

A qualified plumber or electrician wouldn't be making far off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Augme

pablo128 wrote: »
    A qualified plumber or electrician wouldn't be making far off it.

1k per week after tax for a plumber or electrician? ****, I'm in the wrong line of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

1k per week after tax for a plumber or electrician? ****, I'm in the wrong line of work.

I didn't say a k a week after tax. I said not far off it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

You know there is 4 years training then constant upskilling. You don’t just get 1 bag of plumbing’s, chop it into ten then sell them individually for twice what you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 1mackattack!

BDI wrote: »
    You know there is 4 years training then constant upskilling. You don’t just get 1 bag of plumbing’s, chop it into ten then sell them individually for twice what you paid.
    My question is if there are so many dealers in Coolock there must be some amount of users where do they get the money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

My question is if there are so many dealers in Coolock there must be some amount of users where do they get the money?

They work like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

1K a week with a much reduced life expectancy, most of which they spend looking over their shoulders. No thanks. There is a book called Freakanomics with a chapter on the financial aspect of low level drug dealers in LA. most of them barely make minimum wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

social welfare id say

ironic that the government is funding their habit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

People still believe its only people on welfare and from working class areas sniffing coke haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

social welfare id say

You're wrong!
    You think everyone on the social spends it on ****e coke, when anyone on the social can just about cover food and rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

1K a week with a much reduced life expectancy, most of which they spend looking over their shoulders. No thanks. There is a book called Freakanomics with a chapter on the financial aspect of low level drug dealers in LA. most of them barely make minimum wage.

I would say dealing in US is a bit different as it's really gang controlled, Ireland has gangs at the top but a lot of the lower levels are independent dealers, you can stay below the radar in Ireland without getting involved in the gang stuff and make a lot of €€€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

social welfare id say

Oh yeah you'll get far on the white alright with 200 quid a week dole ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

social welfare id say

So everyone on social welfare in coolock only does coke ?? Dont be daft mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

A couple of lads.I got to know were buying and using some and selling the rest

Trouble seemed to be when they end up using the lot and can't pay back

So everyone on social welfare in coolock only does coke ?? Dont be daft mate

never said all

i personally know 7 lads on sw and live with parents and always zonked out on drugs , these are lads in late 30's too

also know 2 solicitors who are on the bag every week so no its not only sw lads , but a huge chunk of them are

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

everyone is on coke

everyone is on coke

speak for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

everyone is on coke

Never tried it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Horizontal smile

OK a few things need to be addressed. Not only is everyone and i mean EVERYONE on cocaine, maybe you aren't mate but i first realised around 2004 how bad the cocaine epidemic was in Ireland and if im honest very few people on social welfare were using it. then it fueled the crumlin drimnagh feud. When the recession hit and nobody had the money for it turf wars genuinely werent as bad. Now the country has money again the lads are back blowing the heads of each other.

Cocaine was never a social welfare thing, it is across the board and has been for about 20 years now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Never had a dabble myself either

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

OK a few things need to be addressed. Not only is everyone and i mean EVERYONE on cocaine, maybe you aren't mate but i first realised around 2004 how bad the cocaine epidemic was in Ireland and if im honest very few people on social welfare were using it. then it fueled the crumlin drimnagh feud. When the recession hit and nobody had the money for it turf wars genuinely werent as bad. Now the country has money again the lads are back blowing the heads of each other.

Cocaine was never a social welfare thing, it is across the board and has been for about 20 years now.

Around 2004 all the hardcore coke heads were injecting it , was living in a flats complex that time and saw it first hand and they were all social welfare recipients

Agreed coke reaches everyone from all walks of society but despite what the journalists claim, social welfare people were using from day one

Their dole would be all spent within an hour of receiving it . Then selling their body, shop lifting and other crimes for it

It’s a scummy drug and as bad if not worse than heroin

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

Around 2004 all the hardcore coke heads were injecting it , was living in a flats complex that time and saw it first hand and they were all social welfare recipients

Agreed coke reaches everyone from all walks of society but despite what the journalists claim, social welfare people were using from day one

Their dole would be all spent within an hour of receiving it . Then selling their body, shop lifting and other crimes for it

It’s a scummy drug and as bad if not worse than heroin

Dole heads where I'm from are all on pills **** all would do coke cause its too expensive. Main people on coke are workers who have some bags at the weekend. No one in my town sell coke during week it's all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

I know there one and the same thing, but are yous referring to Crack cocaine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Can confirm everyone's on coke, few exceptions to the rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Coke is everywhere, there are school kids doing it, right up to people in their 50s and even some I know that are older. It covers all occupations and social classes too, I know teachers, accountants, solicitors, and construction workers that are on it every week.

hankless wrote: »
    I know there one and the same thing, but are yous referring to Crack cocaine?

Both, in 2004 crack wasn’t common at all. Mainly used by prostitutes and sold by the Africans

Few years later sold by Irish and more smoking it

As I said, the junkies would inject coke, others snort it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Saw five fellas being asked to leave a bar off Grafton St at the weekend. They’d been in for an hour or so before the request but had been doing lines in the jax as were grassed up by another patron because they were becoming increasingly aggressive.
    One thing was for sure – they were not in receipt of social welfare as far as I could see!

• Advertisement

IRE60 wrote: »
    Saw five fellas being asked to leave a bar off Grafton St at the weekend. They’d been in for an hour or so before the request but had been doing lines in the jax as were grassed up by another patron because they were becoming increasingly aggressive.
    One thing was for sure – they were not in receipt of social welfare as far as I could see!

Exactly. Point is people from all walks of life take it. The argument earlier was that social welfare people can’t afford it thus don’t take

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement