Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brookville

Our 3 club teams are due to play next saturday All at the same time.Its a pity the 3 games that are in the county are all at the same time.Why is the shamrocks match now on saturday?its hardly something to do with richie reid going on the monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

debok wrote: »
    Too much was made because people who clearly saw a man being hit by an elbow whether accidentally or not tried to say he was hit with a shoulder, when the whole country could see his shoulder wasn't used.

The whole country also saw how Barrett made a meal out of it, shamefully, to get a man sent off. I thought Barrett fancied himself as a tough guy. Anything but.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Joe Henry

another man went down soft against laois he did a couple of players in his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

brookville wrote: »
    Our 3 club teams are due to play next saturday All at the same time.Its a pity the 3 games that are in the county are all at the same time.Why is the shamrocks match now on saturday?its hardly something to do with richie reid going on the monday.
    St Martins are playing the leinster camogie final at 2.30 on the Sunday in ashbourne, im guessing that could be the reason, big family crossover as you'd imagine, for example a selector on the camogie team has a son and 5 nephew's on the hurling team while her twin brother is the manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

citykat wrote: »
    The whole country also saw how Barrett made a meal out of it, shamefully, to get a man sent off. I thought Barrett fancied himself as a tough guy. Anything but.
    dear god talk about head in the sand stuff....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Oh great we're talking about this again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Oh sweet jesus what a deluded and bitter post

Joe Henry wrote: »
    another man went down soft against laois he did a couple of players in his time.
    Oh great we're talking about this again

Put the ignore button on then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭kksaints

Very good win for Mullinavat in the Leinster Intermediate Football Championship against the Dublin champions. Into the Semi Finals against the Laois champions now.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Rebelside

Joe Henry wrote: »

As Enda McEvoy says ‘no one likes a whinger’. Time to move on

• Advertisement

Rebelside wrote: »

Can people in glass houses throw stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭blackcard

Rebelside wrote: »

Agree with you. On a side note, are there any procedures for dealing with concussion in the GAA? Is there a HIA as there is in rugby? Barrett by his own admission was dazed which was why he says stayed down for a few minutes? I can't recall any GAA player ever going off for an assessment. Maybe it is done on the field?

It’s much more stringent in rugby but obviously it’s a bigger problem. A player can be examined even if there’s no obvious evidence & the doctor can be independent. Rugby also has strict protocols for further examinations before the player can resume if he’s not cleared on the day.
    In the gaa the player is checked on the pitch & removed for examination if there’s evidence of concussion. Team doctor does this. Most players wait now to be checked if there’s a head injury. Clearance to play again is in the hands of the team doctor

Re your question about procedures yes there are definite concussion protocols in the GAA now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Village87

I was talking to Mullinavat man last week who informed me Tom Aylward was dropped from the panel. He was outstanding for the club this year and really thought he deserved a chance to perform for Kilkenny. He got himself into great shape after doing his cruciate ligament last year in Kilkenny training. Of all near 50 lads in training im sure he was one that deserved a chance and not be dropped especially when lads like Conor Martin were giving chances every year when clearly not up to it and eventually dropped himself off then panel.

Whats the story with the holiday i hear its a mess, lads not going originally, lads dropped off the panel before they go, cancelled and rescheduled, now goes into the new year with the league staring a few weeks later. A lot of negativity around the whole thing at present. Dropping players before the holiday is just not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

You're funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

But it still wasn't his shoulder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I don't want to rake the coals here again, but you are incorrect, Hogan never claimed that Barrett "was hit with a shoulder", he stated that he didn't connect with the elbow

Shefflin said shoulder.

Shefflin said ‘Richie didn’t hit him, it was his arm’

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Village87 wrote: »
    I was talking to Mullinavat man last week who informed me Tom Aylward was dropped from the panel. He was outstanding for the club this year and really thought he deserved a chance to perform for Kilkenny. He got himself into great shape after doing his cruciate ligament last year in Kilkenny training. Of all near 50 lads in training im sure he was one that deserved a chance and not be dropped especially when lads like Conor Martin were giving chances every year when clearly not up to it and eventually dropped himself off then panel.

Whats the story with the holiday i hear its a mess, lads not going originally, lads dropped off the panel before they go, cancelled and rescheduled, now goes into the new year with the league staring a few weeks later. A lot of negativity around the whole thing at present. Dropping players before the holiday is just not on.

Aylward due to injury is very unlucky not to get a proper shot to see if he up to inter county standard or not and can definitely feel hard done by in my opinion.

As regards the holiday......i know due to the massive size of the extended panel of 44 for last year the county board were hoping to save costs on flights etc by doubling the team holiday up with this weekends trips to New York and extend break to include Orlando etc. How ever as alot of the players are teachers this option was not viable for annual leave reasons.

In previous years the normal standard would have been any involved in the years previous panel would usually be included in pre season training and walsh cup activities for the upcoming season. Perhaps with the multiple changes in back room team they just want to completely start with a fresh panel this year too. I would still assume and like to think that anyone involved in last years extended panel(including players recently dropped) will be still invited and entitled to go on the upcoming team holiday. Going forward for this year to save costs.........i cant see the county board allowing Cody carry such big numbers of a panel like last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Screenshot_20191113-200256_Chrome.jpg
    Were not bad at this hurling thing

Missing alot with club commitments and various things but lads like ciaran Wallace,Brassil and mick cody must be all part of next years plan.
    I seen carlow i.t now have blanchfield,scanlon and brassil hurling for them.Also well done to dj he had a good win with the young footballers against waterford.Tiny steps I know but it's progress

Trip

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Trip

A lot of big names missing ….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Village87

Trip

Mikey Carey getting it all very easy. I went to watch Gowran v Tullaroan the weekend u21, was not on the top 10 players on the pitch and had a average year fpr Gowran seniors who have 5/6 lads who played a lot better than him this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bamayang

Trip

Is that management team not a little outdated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

It's a trip based on last season's performance so probably only fair they get to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Hopefully Mullens injury isn't too serious. Terrible refereeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Serious result. Some outfit.

• Advertisement

Martin's are very limited but infairness the shamrocks in full flow are a joy to watch.They always play the man in a better position while Martin's persisted with short ball and it wasnt working.Tj missed a penalty and a drove a few wides while martins got a late goal.It could of looked alot worse.Joey is an excellent club full back and Richie reid is in the form of his life it's a pity he will miss the league next year we could do worse than try him wing back.they really are a great club and we could see 4 of their fowards starting for kilkenny in the championship I dunno have we ever seen that before?
    Well done to tullaron and conahy the tullaron one could of being tricky but like the shamrocks a few early goals made it very difficult.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement