Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Using Comic Sans ms was an odd choice of font?:confused:

Trending on Twitter.

You couldn't make it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

The childish font goes hand in hand with her childish need to be supervised on a swing.

That doesn't really read like she's letting this go tbh.

IMG-20191114-213203.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

This is it wrote: »

Good. She is definitely a scorned woman. Wonder who she is referring to as trying to reignite the story? Kate O'Connell has been very very quiet the last 6 months.

What is her obsession with that silly font. Very unproffessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭tigger123

In her interview with Sean O'Rourke she was also referring to mysterious forces at play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Comic Sans? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

The fact she hasn't owned up to take responsibility for what she did makes her a poor public representative. I'm sure there will be a 'tell all' interview where she still defends her position.

If you can't handle falling off a swing onto your bum, you shouldn't be in politics.

I hope she still runs and gets 3 votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm sorry but I've no sympathy for her. She brought the whole mess on herself by going on national radio and making a tricky situation 100 times worse but having a brass neck that was laughbable and playing the victim card. I'm glad her local FG branch(?) told her to piss off in essence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Allinall

jmreire wrote: »
    You have bit of learning yourself, Allinall... Have a look at this copy and past paragraph from the results of the 2011 General Election.

Quote:
    It is worth noting that in 2011, Non Voters, rather than Fine Gael or any of the other parties, formed the largest grouping at that general election. If a significant chunk of these non-voters had voted, this may (or may not!) have had a big impact on the final result. Unquote.

Given that a certain % will never vote, what's your explanation for the other % that did not vote? How many of them didn't vote because they simply did not like or trust the politicians "on offer"? There is something radically wrong when the the non-voter's block out number the largest party vote's.

Whoever wrote that should run for election themselves.

They’d make a great minister for the bleeding obvious.

“Mar or may not have had a big impact on the final result”.
    WTF does that mean?

Not voting had zero impact on the result of an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

HUMANITY CROSSED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Hopefully she runs as an independent.

And gets no votes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Absolutely no sympathy for her and far too little far too late for FG to be trying to save face in an oncoming election

She should have been immediately dismissed when this emerged.

Instead they tried to bury it and wait it out.

Then forced do a sham investigation. And buried that. And Then cleared her.

They made a complete balls of this and people won’t forget.

I’ll never vote FG ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

jpfahy wrote: »
    Will humanity be crossed???

"That’s not a level playing pitch. And as somebody who grew up on the side-line of a GAA pitch, I play fair. I don’t play offside," she said.

“Ends“

Wtf is that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Very clearly and obviously a sidetracking smear campaign. Have to wonder what the leadership are up to. This party put baldy Noonan in charge of the most important role in the govt at a time of economic crisis. Noonan of the haemophilia and abuse scandals. The country has a national case of Stockholm Syndrome if you want my view. That is not to excuse her actions, but really and truly a minor thing on the grand scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

“Ends“

Wtf is that about?

That's quite standard in a press statement, however the use of Comic Sans is definitely not!

That's quite standard in a press statement, however the use of Comic Sans is definitely not!

I used to be in the chat rooms of AOL back in the day. I loved my magenta comic sans font in bold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

She obviously ran into trouble in communicating with the hotel and ran too quickly to the courts. Meanwhile the consumer gets screwed by the insurance industry. The industry claim 20% of claims are fraudulent..pure and utter bull****
    But let's zero in on Maria Bailey. Let's vote FG/FF as if that will solve anything
    Muppets the lot of you. How well you are being played

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That's some joke in fairness........ using Comic Sans in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭This is it

Bobtheman wrote: »
    She obviously ran into trouble in communicating with the hotel and ran too quickly to the courts. Meanwhile the consumer gets screwed by the insurance industry. The industry claim 20% of claims are fraudulent..pure and utter bull****
    But let's zero in on Maria Bailey. Let's vote FG/FF as if that will solve anything

Tell us how you really feel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That's some joke in fairness........ using Comic Sans in 2019.

She writes all her press releases in Comic Sans. Tbh says a lot about the standard of officials we have that no one has politely pulled her up on it. Good old Calibri should be the standard for such serious statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Completely agree.

END CORRUPTION! Vote ZANU Fianna Gael!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Obviously.
    We are all wrong.
    She was wronged.
    It was a communication error.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That font definitely eye catching; can/would she dare run as an independent or join a different party for the next election, if I was in that area I wouldn't vote for her based solely on this fiasco, fine Gael can't be faulted for wanting to distance themselves really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

should have used Wingdings

That font definitely eye catching; can/would she dare run as an independent or join a different part for the next election, if I was in that area I wouldn't vote for her based solely on this fiasco, fine Gael can't be faulted for wanting to distance themselves really.

They can only be faulted for trying to do sweet fcuk all about it, other than try to bury it under some utter bullsh1t excuse of a report, no one was allowed to see except them, that apparently portrayed them all as one step below cherubs with gold wings and shyting out rainbow dust.

Only when the local member's said enough is enough, we don't want someone of this calibre to be standing in this area did the party leaders take steps to remove her.

Just so people are reminded, this is the type of public representative they allowed to stay put and install resentment within the public electorate who are being hammered with insurance costs, while Leo and his mates wage campaigns about how fraud cheats everyone.

Strokes and skulduggery are ok, so long as it's one of their own was the message I took from the whole sorry affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

This is it wrote: »

Feick sake, just noticed she's blocked me on twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭jmreire

Allinall wrote: »
    Whoever wrote that should run for election themselves.

They’d make a great minister for the bleeding obvious.

“Mar or may not have had a big impact on the final result”.
    WTF does that mean?
    I'd say that as they didn't vote,,,we will never know what the outcome would be if they HAD voted.

Not voting had zero impact on the result of an election.

I always thought that voting / not voting was what decided the election result's.

Anyway,here is the article for you, have a look:
    General Election 2016 – Why your vote matters - Irish Elections
    https://adriankavanaghelections.org › 2016/02/26 › general-election-2016-...
    Feb 26, 2016 - Adrian Kavanagh, 26th February 2016 A general election to elect the new ... But voter turnout levels on Election Day will also have a major .... rather than Fine Gael or any of the other parties, formed the largest ... If a significant chunk of these non-voters had voted, this may (or may not!) have had a big

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Absolutely no sympathy for her and far too little far too late for FG to be trying to save face in an oncoming election

She should have been immediately dismissed when this emerged.

Instead they tried to bury it and wait it out.

Then forced do a sham investigation. And buried that. And Then cleared her.

They made a complete balls of this and people won’t forget.

I’ll never vote FG ever again.

If this is the reason you abandon FG- please never vote again. So no issue with chronically high homelessness? No issue with the insurance industry in general spinning utter bull**** about amount of fraudulent claims? No issue with the running of the HSE. Voters like you can fxxx off

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Allinall wrote: »
    Who said anything about forcing you to vote?

As I said- a lot to learn.

Whereas back in the real world, you are the one that clearly doesn't know what the word democracy even means while complaining that some people have the principles and honesty not to vote for any of the scum on offer.

Advertisement