Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Have you seen the quality of the candidates in this country

I have. I know a few and they're not all bad. At least they got involved and not like us battering keyboards whinging about them. No doubt some of the will be corrupt in a few years. So if you can't beat them join them and improve things. And if you don't do that use your vote at least.Thankfully voting on families political lines is dying.Even voting for the independent you don't like at all, no transfer, is better than voting for the established party candidate you don't like at all at all.

high_king wrote: »
    Vote for what alternative exactly ?

Independent. Someone that won't align with a main party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Have you seen the quality of the candidates in this country

My criteria are:

Have they crashed the economy?
    Have they engaged in cronyism on the tax payers coin?
    Have they created a quango?
    Have they looked after their own?
    Have they failed to follow through again and again?
    Have they excused incompetence and cute hoorism?
    Have they failed to hold any wrongdoers to account?

I'll take a chance on an unknown or party that hasn't been sitting in government.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

I have. I know a few and they're not all bad. At least they got involved and not like us battering keyboards whinging about them. No doubt some of the will be corrupt in a few years. So if you can't beat them join them and improve things. And if you don't do that use your vote at least.Thankfully voting on families political lines is dying.Even voting for the independent you don't like at all, no transfer, is better than voting for the established party candidate you don't like at all at all.
    Independent. Someone that won't align with a main party.

Utter detached from reality rubbish, honest people don't go into politics in Ireland, and the few naive idiots that do, either don't last long or don't stay honest for long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Never mind. Don't use the vote that many brave Irish men and women fought hard for us to get. Just LOL and whinge about politicians here. Your keyboard will definitely change things for the better.

That statement is pointless and is irrelevant in terms of the discussion that is going on, the value of something is determined by its usefulness rarity influence .......

I don't think the brave men and women you talk of were only concerned with the notion of the right to vote but aware of the power it had. that has changed whether deliberately or not the value of a vote is diminished by the q UK aliyu of the candidates

• Advertisement

Quality sorry

That statement is pointless and is irrelevant in terms of the discussion that is going on, the value of something is determined by its usefulness rarity influence .......

I don't think the brave men and women you talk of were only concerned with the notion of the right to vote but aware of the power it had. that has changed whether deliberately or not the value of a vote is diminished by the q UK aliyu of the candidates

Yes. But what changes if you don't vote?

You mean what changes if you vote for any of the scum ?

Until a "vote for none of the above" comes in, don't expect people who respect truth, facts, reality and honesty to vote for any of them.
    Some of us have more self respect and dignity for ourselves and our vote.

Nothing changes when I do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭This is it

Anyway, when will hear about the ticket and whether she's removed?

• Advertisement

Of the 75,000 eligible voters in my constituency 25,000 turned out. We got what we deserved but it is not representative of the constituency but it is reflective of it apathy and distrust of politics so whatever happens in the election is a reflection of peoples apathy not engagement

Nothing changes when I do

At least you've had a say in it. Vote for the maddest ****er on the ballot paper. He/she won't get elected but at least you didn't vote for Varadkar/Martin lackeys.

Of the 75,000 eligible voters in my constituency 25,000 turned out. We got what we deserved but it is not representative of the constituency but it is reflective of it apathy and distrust of politics so whatever happens in the election is a reflection of peoples apathy not engagement

It's representative of the constituency cos the 50,000 no-voters would have changed it dramatically. Even 15,000 more could have elected ann independent with that low of a quota.

This is it wrote: »
    Anyway, when will hear about the ticket and whether she's removed?

Not yet I think. They should throw her out but she'll damage their candidates if she runs as independent.

At least you've had a say in it. Vote for the maddest ****er on the ballot paper. He/she won't get elected but at least you didn't vote for Varadkar/Martin lackeys.

Come on I have an illusion, I have something that can be discarded, I have a pantomime I have no choice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

You mean what changes if you vote for any of the scum ?

Until a "vote for none of the above" comes in, don't expect people who respect truth, facts, reality and honesty to vote for any of them.
    Some of us have more self respect and dignity for ourselves and our vote.

Respect for your vote? That’s a laugh.

If you don’t use it then you effectively don’t have a vote.

You’ve a lot to learn about democracy.

Not yet I think. They should throw her out but she'll damage their candidates if she runs as independent.

They'll aim for 9 o'clock news or morning Ireland be wide of what they try bury behind it

Allinall wrote: »

No actually you have a lot to learn. Trying to force people to vote for people they don't want to vote for and have zero respect or trust in, is not democracy . . .That's tin pot dictatorship. So try your brainwashed drivel elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Makes sense you'd support Fine Gael.

Folks, this individual is a total wind up. He was part of the reason the original thread was shut down. Now he’s doing his damndest to d3tract from the MB scenario.

Do like I have done, put him on my ignore list.

I'd expect her to go, I'm just wondering when it'll be announced either way. They'll find it hard to keep under wraps till the morning I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm looking forward to the kilgarvan lot knocking on my door:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Folks, this individual is a total wind up. He was part of the reason the original thread was shut down. Now he’s doing his damndest to d3tract from the MB scenario.

Do like I have done, put him on my ignore list.

You might get more traction attacking the posts you disagree with rather than the posters you disagree with otherwise it just looks like you are trying to shut down discussions you find uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

No actually you have a lot to learn. Trying to force people to vote for people they don't want to vote for and have zero respect or trust in, is not democracy . . .That's tin pot dictatorship. So try your brainwashed drivel elsewhere.

Who said anything about forcing you to vote?

As I said- a lot to learn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Headline news on the 14th of November. Wow.

I am torn though. I want Bailey and Farrell to run in GE2020. That would be fun.

Dun Laoghaire will be fascinating either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Using Comic Sans ms was an odd choice of font?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/1114/1090761-maria-bailey/

Kind of sorry she wont be calling to me looking for my vote now.:rolleyes:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭banie01

This is it wrote: »

Comic Sans!!!

A plea for whatever kind of fúckery she is claiming....
    Written in Comic Sans!

Font matches the level of professionalism on display at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭jmreire

Allinall wrote: »

You have bit of learning yourself, Allinall... Have a look at this copy and past paragraph from the results of the 2011 General Election.

Quote:
    It is worth noting that in 2011, Non Voters, rather than Fine Gael or any of the other parties, formed the largest grouping at that general election. If a significant chunk of these non-voters had voted, this may (or may not!) have had a big impact on the final result. Unquote.

Given that a certain % will never vote, what's your explanation for the other % that did not vote? How many of them didn't vote because they simply did not like or trust the politicians "on offer"? There is something radically wrong when the the non-voter's block out number the largest party vote's.

Advertisement