Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jaysus toxic, fair play.
    You're in fuppin turbo mode!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Paddy, I've always believed you look like your Minion avatar. Hope that's OK. :pac:

At 6'3 I'm a bit tall to be a minion but I can behave like one sometimes. :D:D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Panthro wrote: »
    Jaysus toxic, fair play.
    You're in fuppin turbo mode!

I like to be efficient with my time, why do one thing easily at a time when you can do 10 things at once and nearly kill yourself with stress :rolleyes: :D

Sooo what's been happening with everyone else here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I watched Despicable Me a couple of weeks ago. Was only vaguely aware what a minion was before then

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I watched Despicable Me a couple of weeks ago. Was only vaguely aware what a minion was before then

Now follow up with Despicable Me 2 and the Minion Movie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It was part 2 I saw I think. The one where they all turn evil which was exactly like an episode of the smurfs I saw many years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,734 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Now follow up with Despicable Me 2 and the Minion Movie.

I wasn't blown away with the Minions movie. I'm not sure that they can carry a whole film themselves. Also, there wasn't enough Corgis.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Another baby. Otherwise not a hell of a lot :)

Got an invitation from someone to go to the US to try out bow hunting in the forest. Playing with the idea of doing that now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,734 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Got an invitation from someone to go to the US to try out bow hunting in the forest. Playing with the idea of doing that now.

What could possibly go wrong...

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

How many babies is that now?

Ehhh yeah, bow hunting.. Riiiiiight.

I wasn't blown away with the Minions movie. I'm not sure that they can carry a whole film themselves. Also, there wasn't enough Corgis.

My parents used to have corgis, we had 4 running around the place at one stage. In total I think we had 9 over all, but not sure, lost count of them :D

Have we not seen Deliverance people??? Bow hunting is dangerous. Especially around the Apallachians.

How many babies is that now?

That was number 3.
    Ehhh yeah, bow hunting.. Riiiiiight.

Not your thing? :) I think I mentioned to someone a few times I have always wanted to try it - and I think I dropped enough hints. He wants to take me out to try it. He gets a lot of meat out of it. One kill can produce meet for quite a period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Traveling a lot instead of saving

Have we not seen Deliverance people??? Bow hunting is dangerous. Especially around the Apallachians.
    But I want to to go there

Especially around the Apallachians.

Ah I loved when Bill Bryson came back from there saying that he was told how to avoid bears.

He was told the first thing you do is buy little bells that you can hang off your clothing so the bears can hear you coming and avoid you.

Then to help you avoid them in turn you can watch out for their poo to identify areas where they are. The way to identify bear poo is that they are usually full of these tiny little bells - - -

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Joe Rogan vibes, though it is better than going to a supermarket all told. You'd want to have a big freezer tax I'd say.

I'm trying to eat more plant based / vegetarian (because I love eggs) for the next while, between that and the attempted beard growing I'm a walking caricature I know but still....trying new things.

Edit - Jesus, haven't heard Bill Bryson mentioned in an age, used to love his stuff

That was number 3.

Not your thing? :) I think I mentioned to someone a few times I have always wanted to try it - and I think I dropped enough hints. He wants to take me out to try it. He gets a lot of meat out of it. One kill can produce meet for quite a period of time.

Jaysus, time to tie a knot in it methinks.

Yeah I'm sure it does, just Americans, weapons, and hunting gives me the shivers. As many are responsible gun/hunting bow owners with proper training, it only takes one trigger happy idiot to cause havoc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Minions can get fcuked tbh.

I now have two kids, 2 and a half and 15 months so busy with that. Changed job in the summer and went back working with a general insurer in an auditing consultant capacity. I love it, my manager is super sound, I'm out on calls usually once a week. Enrolling in compliance exams in January so between that, work and kids life will be pretty hectic, it's all good though.

Barna77 wrote: »
    Traveling a lot instead of saving

Been anywhere interesting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

D'Agger wrote: »
    Joe Rogan vibes, though it is better than going to a supermarket all told. You'd want to have a big freezer tax I'd say.

I'm trying to eat more plant based / vegetarian (because I love eggs) for the next while, between that and the attempted beard growing I'm a walking caricature I know but still....trying new things.

Edit - Jesus, haven't heard Bill Bryson mentioned in an age, used to love his stuff

OZwUAts.jpg

Well since I do Jujitsu as well and occasionally dabble in mind altering substances - it would not be the first time I have been mentioned in the same breath as Rogan. I am not at all funny though - so you won't be catching me doing stand up like he does.

As for the meat - it will be kept by the guy showing me the ropes. I am there for the experience. He can keep what we kill.
    Jaysus, time to tie a knot in it methinks.

4 is and always has been the plan. So not quite done yet :) Think there will be some appointments for snippings to be done shortly after that though. Hoping the next one is a son though because the male:female in the house at the moment is 2:4 so if it goes 2:5 I am giving up on life.
    As many are responsible gun/hunting bow owners with proper training, it only takes one trigger happy idiot to cause havoc.

Yeah I would not do it alone or with an amateur. Only with someone who is well trained well experienced and entirely responsible. I just got lucky to get into a lot of contact with someone who knows his stuff. Trained Park Ranger type.

Same with rifles which I have had some fun learning about recently with my daughter here in the midlands of Ireland. A friend who is very experienced and responsible has been letting us try it out a bit. Would not do that myself either or just amble up to the first person who wants to let me hold his gun (ooo-errr).

All the activity on this thread is giving me a nosebleed

All the activity on this thread is giving me a nosebleed

Have to suddenly do some work now D'Ags? :D

My parents used to have corgis, we had 4 running around the place at one stage. In total I think we had 9 over all, but not sure, lost count of them :D

They're my favourite. Used to know a neighbour with 2 in Brighton. I tried to work up the temptation to ask if I could walk them but I lacked the nerve.

Lucky you.

H. H. Asquith

Have to suddenly do some work now D'Ags? :D

Nah sure my mod days are well over...thank the lawd
    They're my favourite. Used to know a neighbour with 2 in Brighton. I tried to work up the temptation to ask if I could walk them but I lacked the nerve.

Lucky you.

Opportunity missed for sure - never too late all the same, I'm signed up with a dog charity to walk dogs for them which is great. The hours aren't exactly great but I have flexi time with work so I can make it work if I work from home. Haven't made it in nearly a year but going back to it next Tuesday for sure as it's hugely rewarding.

Lucky you.

You definitely should volunteer at an animal shelter. Very rewarding way to spend your free time. Even a few hours a month makes a huge difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Been anywhere interesting?
    Romania (Transylvania is amazing), Bulgaria, Ukraine and Lithuania.
    Italy in two weeks time. Including the Vatican, it makes six new countries visited this year :)

Plus the old reliables like Germany, the Netherlands, and twice to Brexitland.
    Spain and Portugal for Christmas

Italy in two weeks time. Including the Vatican, it makes six new countries visited this year :)

Carmen Sandiego here la

• Advertisement

Very good. Love to travel. Haven't made it to Ukraine yet but definitely on my list for next year.

Advertisement