Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Taylor is now 4.2 and should be nailed in what is a generally solid burnley defence.

A great pick to play in home games. They have 4 CS at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

A great pick to play in home games. They have 4 CS at home.

Thinking I may get him in for Fredericks and double up with Pope at home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Will Lowton regain his place? Had him since GW1 and he's played every minute until the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Going to hold until the last minute, depending on IB injuries. I somehow still have Gunn as one of my keepers, so I may shift him for Gazzinga who'll be starting until the new year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,157 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Robertson is a doubt for the Palace game now, after pulling out of international game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

FitzShane wrote: »
    Robertson is a doubt for the Palace game now, after pulling out of international game.

It's mad the amount of injuries before internationals breaks. Never fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Injury of convenience I guess. Hard to blame him with the workload coming up with games that matter more (Scotland little to play for I think ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,157 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

as far as I know, Scotland don't have a great shot of getting out of their group, but they do already have a play off spot guaranteed so maybe they are going to put all their eggs in the play off basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭jaykay74

as far as I know, Scotland don't have a great shot of getting out of their group, but they do already have a play off spot guaranteed so maybe they are going to put all their eggs in the play off basket.

From bbc... So basically the equivalent of 2 friendly matches then this week.
    Scotland face Cyprus in Nicosia on Saturday before ending their Group I campaign at home to Kazakhstan on Tuesday.

Clarke's men cannot qualify from the group, but have a play-off semi-final in March against an opponent yet to be finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Martial or Pulisic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Martial or Pulisic

do you have any Chelsea cover already? I would probably go Martial if you do already have Chelsea attacking cover as Martial is the focal point on the United attack and I feel there is a lot more competition for the Pulisic's position so if he has a bad game he could be pulled.

blackwave wrote: »
    do you have any Chelsea cover already? I would probably go Martial if you do already have Chelsea attacking cover as Martial is the focal point on the United attack and I feel there is a lot more competition for the Pulisic's position so if he has a bad game he could be pulled.

I actually have Martial and Abraham . My first 11 is insanely good now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I actually have Martial and Abraham . My first 11 is insanely good now

What's the bench? Liverpool have a blank next month, do ya have cover for that week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What's the bench? Liverpool have a blank next month, do ya have cover for that week?

Is GW18 the first blank for them or is there another one that hasn't been announced yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is GW18 the first blank for them or is there another one that hasn't been announced yet?

GW18 is the only confirmed blank so far.

Potential blanks in GW28(EFL Cup Final), GW31(FA Cup QFs), GW34(FA Cup SFs) and any(albeit unlikely) weather affected games.

Shedite27 wrote: »

No but I have a free hit . Putting anything but fodder on the bench is a waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

No but I have a free hit . Putting anything but fodder on the bench is a waste of money

That's a bold statement for someone with two players depending on Pep for their place. ;)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I disagree. I have lots of cheap defenders such as Soy, Rico, Tomori, Kelly and Lundstram. I rotate depending on who they're playing. This week I'm benching Tomori (vs City) and Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wait until the Christmas rotation kicks in. I like your XI but you're gonna have a few weeks where you have 7/8 players. Plenty of cheap options out there this year that are worth having for the Christmas period.

I have most of your team and trying to squeeze in TAA, but can't do it without going down to Reid/Navarro/Greenwood. Even Rico, Janmaat, Connolly would cover that squad you have.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    I disagree. I have lots of cheap defenders such as Soy, Rico, Tomori, Kelly and Lundstram. I rotate depending on who they're playing. This week I'm benching Tomori (vs City) and Kelly.

Using that strategy is going to get you burned. Lundsrum is the highest scoring defender in the game and is fixture proof. According to your strategy you would have benched him v Everton away which in hindsight would have been a mistake. The chances of scoring high with your first sub coming on for someone not playing is low. The chances of needing your second sub is even lower

• Advertisement

scotchy wrote: »
    That's a bold statement for someone with two players depending on Pep for their place. ;)

Sterling and De Bruyne will still be in the top 4 points scoring midfielders come the end of the season despite that rotation

GiftofGab wrote: »

That strategy can also back fire . How frustrating is it seeing lost points on benched players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Sterling and De Bruyne will still be in the top 4 points scoring midfielders come the end of the season despite that rotation

Agree, But Sterling (I have him too) usually starts, or doesn't come on at all. He's probably the easiest city player to own, and having someone with a few points on your bench to come on for him when he doesn't start has worked out well for me.

Having said that, my team has all your players except Martial and Ryan. its getting tricky to make ground on other teams as a lot of teams are similar. I'm able to bench Mount and Tamori, and replace them with possibly better options for the next game week, that's part of what i enjoy in FPL.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

That strategy can also back fire . How frustrating is it seeing lost points on benched players

Personally I would rather have lost points on benched players than on players I do not own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Green&Red wrote: »
    I added Jiminez to the other two four weeks ago, exactly 100 points since and that’s without counting captaincy, unbelievable

VAJ up front doing the business for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

thunderdog wrote: »
    VAJ up front doing the business for you ;)

Well played

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Aguero cantwell to Madison Jimi looks a no brained for me,

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Do we reckon Reece James and Brandon Williams going to get a run in their teams? James probably will I reckon as Lamps likes youth. Not sure about who Ole likes? Williams a very cheap cover player if getting games

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Do we reckon Reece James and Brandon Williams going to get a run in their teams? James probably will I reckon as Lamps likes youth. Not sure about who Ole likes? Williams a very cheap cover player if getting games

I think Ole said something after the last game like "He's making it difficult for me to leave him out". At the moment you'd have to think he's likely to share games with Young but if he starts the next couple I might look at him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

loadwire wrote: »
    I think Ole said something after the last game like "He's making it difficult for me to leave him out". At the moment you'd have to think he's likely to share games with Young but if he starts the next couple I might look at him again.

It’s United, they’re dung, you should bask in the glory of that and not consider putting any of them in ur team

Advertisement