Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can't afford Salah and like my defence, might be Firmino in for Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭COH

First -8 of the season taken... feels bad :( Hopefully it will balance itself out over the next few weeks. If anything happens over the international break I can just wildcard

Otamendi > Soyuncu
    Yarmolenko > McGinn
    Greenwood > Vardy
    Sterling > Maddison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

thunderdog wrote: »
    Sterling to Mane. Mane at 80% of a rise. May pull the trigger tonight

I’ve been wanting to get onto a front 3 of Vardy Abraham and Jiminez for a few weeks now (only have Vardy) but other transfers have got in the way.

Aubameyang has poor form but good fixtures so he will stay in the team for at least 1 more week

Looks like Mane will rise in price tonight to 12.1, if anyone else is looking to get him in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Looks like Mane will rise in price tonight to 12.1, if anyone else is looking to get him in

I am but it's too risky with the internationals coming up.

Gonna reassess in 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Is this the optimum week to use first wild card? Want to move out Heaton Ota Alonso Pieters Connolly. Team going well but can't see any sense holding onto it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sterling to Mane. Mane at 80% of a rise. May pull the trigger tonight

I’ve been wanting to get onto a front 3 of Vardy Abraham and Jiminez for a few weeks now (only have Vardy) but other transfers have got in the way.

Aubameyang has poor form but good fixtures so he will stay in the team for at least 1 more week

I added Jiminez to the other two four weeks ago, exactly 100 points since and that’s without counting captaincy, unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Is this the optimum week to use first wild card? Want to move out Heaton Ota Alonso Pieters Connolly. Team going well but can't see any sense holding onto it?

That's a lot of ****e to get rid of so can definitely understand the logic of wanting to use it. Without it you're going to be struggling to field a defence next week without a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Green&Red wrote: »
    If you had to pick - Robbo or TAA?

Robbo is cheaper.. both seem to be scoring similar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

Any information out there on weather Erik Pieters has completely lost his place at Burnley? Had him set to play at the weekend for what would have been a welcome 6 points and was hoping he would be available next game week for their game against Watford. Any Burnley fans able to say if he has been playing that bad to deserve to have been dropped? Already used my free transfer so would need to take a hit to replace him and for that price I think the options are not very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,166 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Auba -> Vardy maybe. Auba is at home to Southampton though, and has potential to rock up a big score.

Currently have Auba, Abraham Jimenez so it's not like i'm desperate to get Vardy in, it's more that I can. I have Maddison so he is sweeping up some of the Leicester points for me while others have Vardy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,839 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FitzShane wrote: »
    Auba -> Vardy maybe. Auba is at home to Southampton though, and has potential to rock up a big score.

Currently have Auba, Abraham Jimenez so it's not like i'm desperate to get Vardy in, it's more that I can. I have Maddison so he is sweeping up some of the Leicester points for me while others have Vardy.

I’d have thought Auba was proper captain material rather than transfer material this week.

Arsenal at home to poor teams are usually a different animal to the one who folds in most challenging task they face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Depending on Connolly's injury

Either
    Connolly out for Mousset

or if he's fit
    Dendonker out for another cheapie 5th MF, preferably one not playing CB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

CSF wrote: »
    Arsenal at home to poor teams are usually a different animal to the one who folds in most challenging task they face.
    Not really the case this season. Outside of Europa League pretty much every game has been a struggle of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What's the feeling on Raheem Sterling? Last few months he's been on fire in everything apart from the league, surely that can't last forever can it? Sept/Oct/Nov combined...

Premier League:
    Played 7
    Goals 2
    Assists 1

Cups/International:
    Played 9
    Goals 10
    Assists 7

• Registered Users Posts: 32,839 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pighead wrote: »
    Not really the case this season. Outside of Europa League pretty much every game has been a struggle of sorts.

Think that’s getting too much into the final results nature of it all. From a Fantasy perspective they’re 2 or more goals in 4 out of 6 of their home games. Those 2 games were Wolves and Bournemouth both 1 goal.

Aubameyang has 4 goals from 6 in those games which isn’t a bad ratio either, especially considering Southampton are surely worse than any of the teams they’ve faced at home to date.

Think the stats are in favour of an attacking return from Aubameyang. Whether that stretches into multiples, depends just how bad Southampton are going to be until Hassenhuttl is inevitably sacked and whether Arsenal show any kind of reaction to the massive negative press (they often do in these sorts of games before stumbling again in the same sorts of games that they’d previously struggled)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Pighead wrote: »

Completely agree. I'm a gooner but the form is so poor that I'm seriously considering ditching Auba ahead of what looks like a decent run of fixtures. He just isn't getting any kind of supply and don't even talk to me about the defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What's the feeling on Raheem Sterling? Last few months he's been on fire in everything apart from the league, surely that can't last forever can it? Sept/Oct/Nov combined...

Premier League:
    Played 7
    Goals 2
    Assists 1

Cups/International:
    Played 9
    Goals 10
    Assists 7

Will be captain for me if he's used sparingly over the international break. Chelsea are dodgy at the back and he was City's biggest threat yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

macraignil wrote: »
    Any information out there on weather Erik Pieters has completely lost his place at Burnley? Had him set to play at the weekend for what would have been a welcome 6 points and was hoping he would be available next game week for their game against Watford. Any Burnley fans able to say if he has been playing that bad to deserve to have been dropped? Already used my free transfer so would need to take a hit to replace him and for that price I think the options are not very reliable.

Have him too. He got subbed after 45 mins in the last game, then Dyche dropped both full backs this week yielding a win and a cleanie so I'd say he's dropped for now. :(

Have 0.5 in the bank too so he's looking likely for the cull. Only brought him in a couple of weeks back too.

Am considering
    Mendy -> TAA/Robbo
    KDB -> Ozil

With
    Mount -> Zaha the following week

Might well throw the C on Ozil as next week will be a mixed bag of captains

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Am considering
    Mendy -> TAA/Robbo
    KDB -> Ozil

With

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Am considering
    Mendy -> TAA/Robbo
    KDB -> Ozil

With

Has Zaha looked decent the last while? Their fixtures look good in a couple of weeks but he hasn't been on my radar at all this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Martial or Pulisic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Charles Leclerc

2 FT. Thinking Aguero to Auba and Mount to Pulisic. Mount has disappointed in the last few games so maybe a good time to swap for the more prolific Pulisic. Auba is a risk but I'm done with Aguero for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I was thinking Sterling to Salah before today and today has only reinforced that. Hopefully Salah gets a bit of rest over the IB to get over underlying injuries. Liverpool should be full of confidence now having done well over their tough run of games and their fixtures ease considerably now. I know Mané has the form but Salah can go on an explosive run and I'm hoping he is at the start of one.

http://twitter.com/LynchStandard/status/1193978177024069648

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

macraignil wrote: »

Would say it's almost certain he is now dropped. I said it weeks ago that he was only holding that place and that Taylor would inevitably get back in. Dyche keeps players in the team even if they arent first choice which was the case with Pieters until his form dips. For that reason I said Lowton was a safer pick as he is in burnleys first choice XI . Unfortunately Lowton has now also lost his place.

Has Zaha looked decent the last while? Their fixtures look good in a couple of weeks but he hasn't been on my radar at all this season

It’s definitely a form over fixtures pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Would say it's almost certain he is now dropped. I said it weeks ago that he was only holding that place and that Taylor would inevitably get back in. Dyche keeps players in the team even if they arent first choice which was the case with Pieters until his form dips. For that reason I said Lowton was a safer pick as he is in burnleys first choice XI . Unfortunately Lowton has now also lost his place.

Taylor is now 4.2 and should be nailed in what is a generally solid burnley defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I was thinking Sterling to Salah before today and today has only reinforced that. Hopefully Salah gets a bit of rest over the IB to get over underlying injuries. Liverpool should be full of confidence now having done well over their tough run of games and their fixtures ease considerably now. I know Mané has the form but Salah can go on an explosive run and I'm hoping he is at the start of one.

I thought the exact opposite. Sterling had a stormer on Sunday, and it reinforced for me that I'll keep him!

That he's being dropped for the England game makes it an even easier decision for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It’s definitely a form over fixtures pick

You mean the other way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah Salah with a possible injury
    Sterling with a 2 week rest

No way I'm making the move now.

Advertisement