Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

flexcon wrote: »
    Or Ironically Jacksie is one of them buyers and the car is in great condition :P:pac:

That's actually it haha. I'm very particular with my cars. If I wasn't broke it be keeping it and I'd have it looking like new..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-toyota-aygo-1-0-petrol-nct-2020-199-tax/23469223

NzdkNGU0YTBiODc4NWU0NTA2ZDQ5YzUzZjQ1M2Q5YWE3mMMwJC9OHKSBJgyOEkH-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzYyNTU4ODV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til September 2020, tax til March 2020, Irish car, reasonably low miles, €1250

A bit out of the way up in Donegal but if I really needed something like this I would make the journey, this looks nice

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

jharr100 wrote: »

Jeez that's a beaut. Always was a fan of these. Sooooooo tempted but the other half would kill me :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-volvo-xc70-lovely-car-to-drive-taxed-and-nct/23383134

YTMwZDI2YzZmMmE2YjM1YWM4Mzg1ZDM4ZGUxNDdiODPiP1ufbA_frV3nMm8_jvdPaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzU2MTk0NDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tax and test til May 2020, 1 owner since import, €1975

Bit pricey, but the tax alone is worth 570

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-volvo-xc70-lovely-car-to-drive-taxed-and-nct/23383134

YTMwZDI2YzZmMmE2YjM1YWM4Mzg1ZDM4ZGUxNDdiODPiP1ufbA_frV3nMm8_jvdPaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzU2MTk0NDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tax and test til May 2020, 1 owner since import, €1975

Bit pricey, but the tax alone is worth 570

I was only looking at these the other day. Doing a bit of research on them as a possibly replacement for my own car and they are a fine car but a lot of reviews seem to say to stick with the V70 as its a much nicer car to drive, which I was surprised about tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭RINO87

In regards to my 95 Aero I'm shocked how much interest I've had in it in less than 24 hours. Loads of messages and phone calls. Even had a viewing. Over 700 views on DD. I thought being an older big engined car I'd struggle..

Not at all.... I remember thinking that was a cracker when you were asking about it a few months back.
    Now we do have a baby on the way soon that will mean needing a second car....Surely an Aero fits the bill no?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

RINO87 wrote: »
    Not at all.... I remember thinking that was a cracker when you were asking about it a few months back.
    Now we do have a baby on the way soon that will mean needing a second car....Surely an Aero fits the bill no?!

Well I can tell you there's plenty of room in the back for a child seat. Plus it's a Saab so safety is a given..

Plus its great craic to drive..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Yz-Fj-NDM5-Zj-Rj-MWIz-NWRh-Mj-Bj-ZWM3-ZDBk-Zm-Nl-Zm-M3-ZGWp-Uy-S7ebr8qn-Cv-Pj-Y4xly5.jpg

Mj-Ey-MGQz-Nj-A5-Y2-E1-YTQ1-NWU1-Yjlj-NDQw-Mjdk-YTk3-Yz-Sp-Con-Dqc-Jek-N0z82-P5-BHKZ.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/seat-ibiza-tdi/23282131

2008 Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi 100bhp (BTM engine code I think)
    Test till next October and tax till next April
    Cheap tax @ 280 130k miles on the clock
    DAB spec so it has cupra seats and a DAB compatible radio
    Last change of ownership June 2018
    2 new pirelli tyres on the front
    Seems a pretty honest car
    Asking €1800

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Was all going so well until the 127xxx reg number!

Nice car.

True, be interesting see what sort of history comes back from the uk reg.

There's a similar-ish one in cork but its a lower spec, a bit dearer and it has an obvious repair job on the rear quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

DAB wouldn’t be a huge selling point considering it’s being done away with here. €1000 option in my last car. I may as well have burned it.

If that Ibiza dropped to 1500 and the seller accepted 1300 it would be a very good buy IMO. Hard to tell what kind of nick its in from the photos, but the Pirelli tyres are a good sign that it has probably been at least half looked after in recent months. Nice little car

Ya it's primed for a good haggle alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Was all going so well until the 127xxx reg number!

Nice car.

Dont get this. Other than aesthetics, whats the issue with 127xxx regs?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

terrydel wrote: »

It's likely to be an import

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah, to an extent aesthetics and to an extent the cars history.

It'd definitely put me off, but I can see why it would make no difference to others.

Yeah, to an extent aesthetics and to an extent the cars history.

It'd definitely put me off, but I can see why it would make no difference to others.

The history being that it could well be an import as BonnieSituation said?
    How does that work? Genuine question as I thought imports would just get the next number in the sequence when registered, like any vehicle.

I've a motorcycle I imported from Germany and registered at 26704.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I've joined the ranks of the bangernomics brigade and got this

https://www.adverts.ie/car/mitsubishi/outlander/2007-mitsubishi-outlander/18750238

07 Mitsubishi Outlander with NCT til end Jan
    275k on the clock and a very full service record and looks clean and well looked after.
    Hoping for a good run with it...
    1800 I paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

RobFowl wrote: »

https://www.adverts.ie/car/mitsubishi/outlander/2007-mitsubishi-outlander/18750238

275k on the clock and a very full service record and looks clean and well looked after.
    1800 I paid for it

nice - what's the tax on it?

RobFowl wrote: »

1800 I paid for it

Looks a nice one. Be interested to know how you get on with it, fuel economy etc.
    Its on my list if I eventually ever get round to buying a jeep.
    The leather looks nice.
    Does the tailgate drop down? They all seem to have epic mileage!
    Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

The history being that it could well be an import as BonnieSituation said?
    How does that work? Genuine question as I thought imports would just get the next number in the sequence when registered, like any vehicle.

I've a motorcycle I imported from Germany and registered at 26704.

At some point (2010?) Department picked an arbitrarily high sequence number for each county (eg 12nnnn for Dublin)and gave them to imported cars, at the behest of the SIMI who were getting caned by imports.

I think the idea was to devalue imports, in the manner suggested here. It's a personal thing though, not sure it would bother me.

Anyway, it was scrapped a year or two later I think.

At some point (2010?) Department picked an arbitrarily high sequence number for each county (eg 12nnnn for Dublin)and gave them to imported cars, at the behest of the SIMI who were getting caned by imports.

I think the idea was to devalue imports, in the manner suggested here. It's a personal thing though, not sure it would bother me.

How the f**k does a group like simi have that kind of influence? Unless they are related to or bribing the people making the decisions. Not doubting you at all, I'm just staggered they have that kind of sway.
    Such a cynical move on their part.
    Personally it wouldn't bother me either.

How the f**k does a group like simi have that kind of influence? Unless they are related to or bribing the people making the decisions. Not doubting you at all, I'm just staggered they have that kind of sway.
    Such a cynical move on their part.
    Personally it wouldn't bother me either.

well wasn't the 171/172 registration wheeze from them too?

to create two surges of new car buyer pride during the year rather than one!

lawred2 wrote: »
    well wasn't the 171/172 registration wheeze from them too?

to create two surges of new car buyer pride during the year rather than one!

It was yeah. They certainly seem to have someone's ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Government is only delighted as more new cars, more revenue coming in from vrt and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

My experience is that...

Wicklow is still xxWW11xxx and on.
    Kildare is next available number from at least 2014 date of manuf.
    Dublin is still xxD120xxx and on depending on age.

Maybe it was scrapped all over for vehicles from a certain age on but for older vehicles they're still at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

My experience is that...

Wicklow is still xxWW11xxx and on.
    Kildare is next available number from at least 2014 date of manuf.
    Dublin is still xxD120xxx and on depending on age.

Maybe it was scrapped all over for vehicles from a certain age on but for older vehicles they're still at it.

For the years it was in it will stay like that if anyone is importing but this will die a death in January with the new penalty of bringing in a car that isn't good for the environment....

For the years it was in it will stay like that if anyone is importing but this will die a death in January with the new penalty of bringing in a car that isn't good for the environment....

My brother is looking at importing in the new year, choice between an alfa giulia and merc c350e
    He was saying the vrt on the alfa will be around 7-8k. Is that the penalty you are referring to?

My brother is looking at importing in the new year, choice between an alfa giulia and merc c350e
    He was saying the vrt on the alfa will be around 708k. Is that the penalty you are referring to?

708k?

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    708k?

ha, 7-8k
    Even fg wouldnt go that far.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement