Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Crescent was mostly delayed initially due to waiting on Irish water I think which I assume won't be needed for this phase so could get in by Christmas but they definitely weren't accurate with timescales with us.

Internet is still a no go, needs cabling to the estate still I think, I've given up trying to convince anyone to come do it.

Garden was seeded not rolled and didn't do a great job on it, very patchy in ours and we'll probably look to fix it up in the spring

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aurawindsurfing

EMcKvr wrote: »
    contracts have been issued

How long did it take for you to receive countersigned contract if you do not mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EMcKvr

Hi Aura, we are not at that stage yet, was there much of a delay on your side?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Re: the broadband situation. I've been on to a local councillor about this, and he forwarded on a reply from Fingal Co. Council. It said that parts of the estate fall into the Amber area of the National Broadband Plan and were 'not considered commercial by operators'. However, that appears to only be The Walk, which is up the very back of the estate (I wonder will people buying on The Walk be made aware of this?! Wouldn't be happy if that was me... )

There's a map here, but it's hard to tell from it - https://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/communications/topics/Broadband/national-broadband-plan/high-speed-broadband-map/Pages/Interactive-Map.aspx

The Avenue and the Crescent are apparently in the blue area, which is 'covered by operators', i.e. there should be availability if Eir ever get their finger out.

Since Eir are still ignoring my queries, I'd urge people to email Broadband@DCCAE.gov.ie and explain that Eir have been ignoring all requests despite there being a fibre cabinet near the estate (also confirmed by Fingal Co Co.)

So far it has been more then a week. I'll keep you posted when I get it. I'm under impression however that signed contract might be closely follwed by completion notice :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

This may be a weird one. But anyone looked into garden sheds yet ? If so , any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laurendon

Re: the broadband situation. I've been on to a local councillor about this, and he forwarded on a reply from Fingal Co. Council. It said that parts of the estate fall into the Amber area of the National Broadband Plan and were 'not considered commercial by operators'. However, that appears to only be The Walk, which is up the very back of the estate (I wonder will people buying on The Walk be made aware of this?! Wouldn't be happy if that was me... )

There's a map here, but it's hard to tell from it - https://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/communications/topics/Broadband/national-broadband-plan/high-speed-broadband-map/Pages/Interactive-Map.aspx

The Avenue and the Crescent are apparently in the blue area, which is 'covered by operators', i.e. there should be availability if Eir ever get their finger out.

Since Eir are still ignoring my queries, I'd urge people to email Broadband@DCCAE.gov.ie and explain that Eir have been ignoring all requests despite there being a fibre cabinet near the estate (also confirmed by Fingal Co Co.)

Hi there,

I’ve replied to broadband@dccae.gov.ie, thank you for update. Hopefully they get many more to push this.

This may be a weird one. But anyone looked into garden sheds yet ? If so , any recommendations?

No wierd questions here. Have a look at this idea fridn of mine did. Nice, simple and functional.

Screenshot-2019-10-25-15-19-55.png
    picture upload site

Here are the details of the guy who did the job:

<SNIP>

I'm happy to announce that we hve received our completion notice today. I hope it will follow for everyone else waiting in anxiety!

No wierd questions here. Have a look at this idea fridn of mine did. Nice, simple and functional.

Screenshot-2019-10-25-15-19-55.png
    picture upload site

Here are the details of the guy who did the job:

<SNIP>

Ah, interesting. Thanks

• Advertisement

I'm happy to announce that we hve received our completion notice today. I hope it will follow for everyone else waiting in anxiety!

Hi there - just wondering are you the Avenue and what number ? We have been told there still ESB delays and snag is being pushed out .

PM sent

Question on the heating/Joule thermostats.

As per a video posted here previously, you can programme the thermostat so the heating will come on at certain times (before you get home from work) and reduce at certain times (like the middle of the night).

Does anybody know if this is more or less efficent than just having it set at say 23 degrees 24hrs a day day and having it maintain that constant temperature? Hearing conflicting things and worrried about getting a huge bill.

Thanks

Finally we have our date for our snag :) any major tips on what people looked out for .
    Also we have been told the side gate is not included- what has anyone done for this ?

Laurendon wrote: »
    Finally we have our date for our snag :) any major tips on what people looked out for .
    Also we have been told the side gate is not included- what has anyone done for this ?

Really?Side gate was def included on the 3 beds.

The info about side gate is incorrect. It is included and mounted.

I have also discovered today that houses are already wired for electric car charger. This has been a really positive surprise!

Snagger picked up lots of small things. Nothing major. Happy Halloween!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EMcKvr

Great to hear Aura. Hopefully won't be long until we've got our notice to Snag, last communication I received from Glenveagh stated they hoped to have everyone in before Christmas.
    Was there any update on the ESB connection to the Avenue? Was there any progress with Eir?

Hi All,

We are snagging Thursday 😅

On broadband we have contacted Brian Dennehy (FF councillor in Rush) twice by email and rang him to no avail re pushing Eir.

When we rang Eir they said they need more residents to contact. At this stage we have all of our family and friends contacting them by mail at customercare@openeir.ie. Is there any other option we can push to progress?

What are people doing without broadband at the moment particularly if working from home?

I'm still using Three's mobile broadband router, its passable for working from home assuming you aren't sending huge files

Hi All,

We are snagging Thursday &#55357;&#56837;

On broadband we have contacted Brian Dennehy (FF councillor in Rush) twice by email and rang him to no avail re pushing Eir.

When we rang Eir they said they need more residents to contact. At this stage we have all of our family and friends contacting them by mail at customercare@openeir.ie. Is there any other option we can push to progress?

What are people doing without broadband at the moment particularly if working from home?

I've emailed that openeir address numerous times. They've been ignoring me for over a month now, since first saying that 'the request needs to be submitted 'through your service provider'. I've been mailing them a couple of times a week to follow up, to no avail.

• Advertisement

Councillor Robert O’Donoghue just came back with this:

So, I have a motion to the Council for next weeks operations meeting to get a timeline for when broadband will be brought up to standard. I will revert to you on this when they get back to me.

That this Council contact Eir in relation to the lack of braodband service available to the residents of the new Knightsgate Estate, Rush and ask that they provide an indicative timeline for when the estate will be connected and up to standard.

And it should be noted that regardless of the requests made by residents to this service provider, all correspondence has been ignored

Good work

Councillor Robert O’Donoghue just came back with this:

So, I have a motion to the Council for next weeks operations meeting to get a timeline for when broadband will be brought up to standard. I will revert to you on this when they get back to me.

That this Council contact Eir in relation to the lack of braodband service available to the residents of the new Knightsgate Estate, Rush and ask that they provide an indicative timeline for when the estate will be connected and up to standard.

And it should be noted that regardless of the requests made by residents to this service provider, all correspondence has been ignored

He sent me the exact same mail (with the exact same wording) on October 3rd! I guess that it didn't make it to the agenda of that week's meeting :rolleyes:

Oh dear did he 😩 hopefully he does something

Update from the Government Dept. re: broadband this morning. A lot of passing the buck going on, it seems...

"According to the Department’s High Speed Broadband Map, available at www.broadband.gov.ie, your premises is in a BLUE area.

BLUE areas are parts of the country where commercial operators are already providing high speed broadband or have indicated future plans to do so. The Department defines high speed broadband as a connection with minimum speeds of 30Mbps download and 6Mbps upload.

Please note that the installation of telecommunications infrastructure and delivery of services via same is undertaken by private companies operating on a commercial basis in a liberalised market. The Department has no input in the planning of commercial operators and does not have a statutory authority to direct telecommunications operators in this regard.

As part of its work, the Department monitors the availability of high speed broadband within the BLUE areas of the NBP High Speed Broadband Map on a continual basis. Part of this work is collating communication from members of the public in BLUE areas who have encountered difficulties accessing high speed broadband. As you may be aware the Department recently carried out a consultation on the conclusion of the NBP Mapping Exercise for the State Intervention Area. Part of this consultation involved publication of BLUE premises identified by the Department who we believed were not able to access a high speed service and seeking additional submissions from members of the public whose premises’ were in a similar position but unidentified to the Department.

The Department is finalising its assessment of submissions received and will confirm the outcome of its assessment in the coming weeks.

Please be assured that the Department is actively seeking a solution to ensure that your premises and others in similar circumstances, can access high speed broadband through commercial operator or State intervention services."

Snagging all done and dusted today all going well should get the keys in next few weeks. Has anyone any recomenations on who the got blinds with ?

We went with Samrod, good few in the estate seemed to do the same judging by how often I saw them around.

We went with Samrod, good few in the estate seemed to do the same judging by how often I saw them around.

Can we post names of businesses here? We got a quote from Samrod, and from East Coast Blinds. East Coast were cheaper and they ticked the same boxes Samrod emphasised in terms of quality etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 robtr89

We went BG Blinds, and we're chuffed with them. PM me for more info if needed

• Advertisement

Heating seems comfortable but we haven't had a proper bill yet so unsure in terms of cost. The unit in the garden does seem to be pumping a lot but we've it set to be the same temperature all day as they said that was most efficient.

Advertisement