Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Three dongle has been awful the last few days but at the same time I get little to no signal on my Vodafone mobile phone so I wouldn't fancy their one as a great option for the estate either

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Thanks, good to know it's not just me. The actual phone reception/bars have been dropping out for me, too.

Hopefully Eir decide to run cables once the 2nd phase is done, don't see it happening before then

Hopefully Eir decide to run cables once the 2nd phase is done, don't see it happening before then

Have you heard when the second phase is actually due for completion? They look fairly far along already.

Re: the crap signal on Three - I was just on to them there, and they said that they were doing works in the area. That engineers were on site today and yesterday investigating. Was promised an update by Monday but hopefully they'll sort it out and it'll return to normal soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 robtr89

Re: the crap signal on Three - I was just on to them there, and they said that they were doing works in the area. That engineers were on site today and yesterday investigating. Was promised an update by Monday but hopefully they'll sort it out and it'll return to normal soon.

Sounds good. 3 internet has been horrendous the last week in the estate, and it wasn't just me. Operating on "H+" coverage this week... Funnily enough I could get 4G when I went upstairs in the house

Lads, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set the timer on the heating to boost. i.e. set it to come on from 5am - 6am to have the house warm for when we get up.

There's a clock on the panel that you can set a time for, and numbers which go from 1-7. But no 'start/end' option. I know that air to water systems are left on 24/7 but is there no option to 'boost' it without getting up and manually doing it?

Also, what's the book icon in the top right hand corner for? It doesn't do anything when I press/hold it down.

The only instruction manual we seem to have is for the water pump panel, which we were told not to mess with the settings of unless we need more hot water at some point.

Anyone?! This is driving me mad. Can't find anything online about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Lads, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set the timer on the heating to boost. i.e. set it to come on from 5am - 6am to have the house warm for when we get up.

There's a clock on the panel that you can set a time for, and numbers which go from 1-7. But no 'start/end' option. I know that air to water systems are left on 24/7 but is there no option to 'boost' it without getting up and manually doing it?

Also, what's the book icon in the top right hand corner for? It doesn't do anything when I press/hold it down.

The only instruction manual we seem to have is for the water pump panel, which we were told not to mess with the settings of unless we need more hot water at some point.

I think this should work (haven't tried it yet):

I think this should work (haven't tried it yet):

Thanks so much for that - that's it. Will have a go at that later!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bluegal123

Hi All :)
    Currently in a merry go round with Eir regarding broadband. They seem to be trying to strongarm me into a contract before they send out engineers which will take place 'within 3-5 working days'
    Doesn't seem too believable to me, somehow!
    I have sent some emails to local councillors about this, if anyone has the time to do the same, might help if the pressure is coming from other angles too!
    My understanding from their replies is there is an officer in charge of broadband connections in Fingal Coco. Maybe they can help us :)

• Advertisement

bluegal123 wrote: »
    Hi All :)
    Currently in a merry go round with Eir regarding broadband. They seem to be trying to strongarm me into a contract before they send out engineers which will take place 'within 3-5 working days'
    Doesn't seem too believable to me, somehow!
    I have sent some emails to local councillors about this, if anyone has the time to do the same, might help if the pressure is coming from other angles too!
    My understanding from their replies is there is an officer in charge of broadband connections in Fingal Coco. Maybe they can help us :)

Eir tried to do that with me, too - saying that I had the 14-day cooling-off period to cancel my contract if there was no connection available (!). Umm, no thanks.

Good idea on the councillors, I'll do that today.

I don't know if it's actually right but they'd told us to just set the temperature you want the house to be at on the units on the wall and keep it at that temperature all the time which should save power and negate the need for a boost. The rads will never get hot enough for a normal boost like you'd get with gas or oil as they just gradually raise the temperature.

That could be wrong though

Anyone with the Three mobile broadband routers had their service come back to normal? Ours has been basically non existant since the middle of last week

I don't know if it's actually right but they'd told us to just set the temperature you want the house to be at on the units on the wall and keep it at that temperature all the time which should save power and negate the need for a boost. The rads will never get hot enough for a normal boost like you'd get with gas or oil as they just gradually raise the temperature.

That could be wrong though

Anyone with the Three mobile broadband routers had their service come back to normal? Ours has been basically non existant since the middle of last week

I'm pretty sure they told us that too, but I'm in mortal fear of having a huge bill in the next month or two if the constant temp is set too high!

That video above explains it quite well - it is possible to have it set to come on for set periods of time, and the 1-7 signifies the days of the week, i.e. you won't have the same heating needs at the weekend.

My Three coverage was ****e over the weekend but has been a lot better today -- seems back to a 4G signal throughout the house.

That's how to set the controller, I assume that also applies to houses that use that model for gas and oil. From playing around with putting the temperature up you would be a long while waiting for it to reach the boosted temperature so I'm not sure it would actually work as intended but we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roisin81

I recently put a deposit on one of the houses on the avenue in knightsgate. I notice the drives are downward sloping towards the houses. Anyone have any notions on whether this is a flooding risk in heavy rain?? Feedback much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

Our internet was not working at all from the middle of last week. Couldn't even load web pages. Went to Harvey Norman this morning to get a router that can take the 4G sim card and it works perfectly again.

That's how to set the controller, I assume that also applies to houses that use that model for gas and oil. From playing around with putting the temperature up you would be a long while waiting for it to reach the boosted temperature so I'm not sure it would actually work as intended but we'll see

I know what you mean. I have the heating on for 1.5 hours and the rads still aren't fully warm.... I was wondering was it just mine. Some of them seem to take longer than others, but we've bled them to check and it still seems the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

The rads will never come on full blast like an oil or gas boiler. It's a slow heating system to essentially always be on with the use of a thermostat. Just set your desired temperature and dont touch it again. Not sure what you mean by turning the heating on for an hour and a half? If you mean cranking the thermostat up high to force the house to heat up quicker then that will be a really uneconomical way to heat your house.

Brego888 wrote: »
    The rads will never come on full blast like an oil or gas boiler. It's a slow heating system to essentially always be on with the use of a thermostat. Just set your desired temperature and dont touch it again. Not sure what you mean by turning the heating on for an hour and a half? If you mean cranking the thermostat up high to force the house to heat up quicker then that will be a really uneconomical way to heat your house.

Thanks. I admit that I really don't understand how the system works because we were given a super quick run-through when we moved in, and no manual.

By 'turning it on' I meant raising the temperature above the current temp until the heating clicked on (the flame icon) - mostly to check the radiators (some don't seem to be heating up fully, only at the bottom) but also because the house was freezing. We were also told not to raise the ambient temp too high over the winter (!) because it could cause cracks in the walls of a new house. I'm also wary of getting a huge bill by having it high (what's even classed as 'high'?) because I haven't a clue how it works.

Have someone coming in today to look at it, so will figure it out then.

Yeah no doubting it is very different from any heating system we'd all be used to.
    I'd recommend finding a temperature that you are comfortable in both day and night and then leaving it at that temperature on the thermostat. That's the most efficient way to use it. Trying to boost it or cranking up the temp daily is what's gonna cost you money.

Cracks unfortunately are unavoidable in the first year in these A rated houses because they dry out so quick. Just gonna need painting again around next spring or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Laurendon

Hi all - we are due to snag in the next week or so I'm just wondering from anyone who has snagged and moved in was there anything major to look out for? thanks

Keep a good eye on the plastering work, we'd a lot of walls that you could see the joins in from the different plastering sheets. Can be hard to see some of them as you need the light to be just right but they've had to come back to ours after we'd moved in to do some replastering and then repaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

So we finally got the keys a few days ago and to be honest I am petrified reading up on all the broadband horror stories. Not sure how quickly will my brain go into withdrawal without the Virgin fiber ;-(

On a side note, when I was on site on Tuesday morning I have noticed a huge puddle of water by the garden entrance. Anyone else with a sloped garden noticed anything similar? It definitely looks like a proper drain is missing and this could lead to flooding with Lorenzo being around the corner?

Ive experienced similar issue with the heating yesterday. I am a real cold creature, so I had the downstairs thermostat set at 22 up until yesterday, with upstairs set to 15 because it didn't seem to need any heat, and was generally sitting at in or around 23 from the heat downstairs rising.
    But yesterday, about 4 ish I turned the thermostat downstairs up to 30, as I was cold. my logic being that if the system even tried to rise up to that temp but got 3 or 4 degrees below, that would be perfect.
    and I left it like that all night. the house was still cold when I went to bed, and it was cold this morning, temp on downstairs thermostat registered 21.7, even though I had bumped it up to 30 approx. 14 hours before?
    I understand these are energy efficient systems and the idea is that its always on via the thermostat to never heat from cold.
    But surely I shouldn't actually be cold in the house, and it shouldn't take more than 14 hours to heat by 8 degrees?
    I know im probably just not using the system correctly....am I missing something? any help greatly appreciated neighbours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bindiya

Hi,

We collected the keys for our home in Knightsgate Crescent a couple of days back. We had been checking with all the broadband service providers during the past couple of months about their availability in the area and no one seems to be available. How is everyone managing? Appreciate your guidance..

Thanks

Ive experienced similar issue with the heating yesterday. I am a real cold creature, so I had the downstairs thermostat set at 22 up until yesterday, with upstairs set to 15 because it didn't seem to need any heat, and was generally sitting at in or around 23 from the heat downstairs rising.
    But yesterday, about 4 ish I turned the thermostat downstairs up to 30, as I was cold. my logic being that if the system even tried to rise up to that temp but got 3 or 4 degrees below, that would be perfect.
    and I left it like that all night. the house was still cold when I went to bed, and it was cold this morning, temp on downstairs thermostat registered 21.7, even though I had bumped it up to 30 approx. 14 hours before?
    I understand these are energy efficient systems and the idea is that its always on via the thermostat to never heat from cold.
    But surely I shouldn't actually be cold in the house, and it shouldn't take more than 14 hours to heat by 8 degrees?
    I know im probably just not using the system correctly....am I missing something? any help greatly appreciated neighbours :)

There's something wrong there. Leaving it at 30 for 14 hours (is crazy!) but should have the house at an unbearable temperature and way above the 21 you are getting. Get onto the foreman and ask for one of the plumbers on site to look at your system. Have you bled your rads since you moved in? They will generally only get to mildly warm but you could have a bit of trapped air which won't help . The towel heaters in particular hold a lot of air in the system.

Again cranking up the heat full blast when you are cold isn't in the answer and will lead to hefty bills cold creature or not. When your system is working correctly pick a temp that you can comfortably stick to without having to adjust it daily.

That doesn't sound right. We had a few of our radiators bled and balanced yesterday by the on-site plumber. They seem to be better, but will give it a few days to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Bindiya wrote: »
    Hi,

We collected the keys for our home in Knightsgate Crescent a couple of days back. We had been checking with all the broadband service providers during the past couple of months about their availability in the area and no one seems to be available. How is everyone managing? Appreciate your guidance..

Thanks

Some people have routers from 3. We bought an unlimited data sim from 3, E20 a month and put it in an old phone and hotspot off the 4G. Works well enough for the moment.

Thanks guys, I took your advice and the plumber came around, only to tell us that the heating system had been turned off in the hot press! and we hadn't touched that since we moved in so it could only have been the plumbers themselves weeks ago!
    glad I reached out now looking forward to my cosy home this eve!
    hopefully you notice a difference too with your rads being bled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bindiya

Some people have routers from 3. We bought an unlimited data sim from 3, E20 a month and put it in an old phone and hotspot off the 4G. Works well enough for the moment.

Any idea if anyone has Vodafone or Virgin Media? I work from home and not sure if the router or sim will be able to support 8 hours work. ☹

Advertisement