Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

No proper internet yet and won't be for a few months I reckon, the 3 router is alright. It's not fantastic and if your job involves sending large files I wouldn't trust it but it's fine for general MS Office type stuff.

Changing the setting to 3G only has helped mine be far more stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bindiya

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the houses are wired for security alarms?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

Yes they are, I believe three sensors are already cabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Bindiya wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the houses are wired for security alarms?

Thanks

Pretty sure it's a sensor in the hall, one on landing. No sensors at doors or windows. So its sparse enough I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aurawindsurfing

Hi Guys!

Does anyone know the completion dates for Knights Avenue by any chance? How does it look from your experiances in the Crescent? Are we far off? It is bit scary to hear that some of you only now got snagging and keys in the Crescent...

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi Guys!

Does anyone know the completion dates for Knights Avenue by any chance? How does it look from your experiances in the Crescent? Are we far off? It is bit scary to hear that some of you only now got snagging and keys in the Crescent...

Thanks!

It is hard to say really, most of us were delayed by a few months. That is however mostly due to the fact that Irish Water did not connect the estate on time. I would say that second phase will be much easier and delay if any will be rather minimal - and I base this on absolutely nothing ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laurendon

We are in the Avenue and have been given a date of 14th - I would imagine it will be hopfully be one day that week :)

Good to know, hopefully when the Avenue are closed then it might make sense for Eir to come and lay the cable for internet for the estate

here's hoping !

Laurendon wrote: »
    We are in the Avenue and have been given a date of 14th - I would imagine it will be hopfully be one day that week :)

Do you mean 14th of October??? I guess you mean one of the Avenue houses that are "before" the temporary fence?

• Advertisement

Here is 4G speed test from Avenue, taken outside of buildings, today. I have to say this is more then enough for my needs. I vodafone is better then this then this is all you need.

IMG-C908-D58-C14-B5-1.jpg

Here is 4G speed test from Avenue, taken outside of buildings, today. I have to say this is more then enough for my needs. I vodafone is better then this then this is all you need.

IMG-C908-D58-C14-B5-1.jpg

Just careful with that vodafone wi-fi - it is a 24 month contract. If you end up getting one, post the test results please ;-)

I'm pretty happy with Three, just read above that there were some problems with it. Not sure how windows affect it as in new builds this seems to be the case sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

Hi,

Can i ask, for anyone that installed a double oven in the kitchen and were left with a space, what did you do to fill it? We wanted to get a small unit made to fill the gap. Has anyone done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EMcKvr

Hi, we have just put down a deposit for a house on the Avenue, been told they will be ready end of October/start of November. From the messages in this thread I would think that will be delayed a month or two.
    If anyone could recommend a carpet layer that would be great? What sort of costs are we looking at to carpet stairs and landing?

I have seen someone in Crescent using this crowd: https://mcscarpets.ie
    There is also new showroom in Donabate/Turvey from Des Kelly - I used them before and was happy with the work they did.

Pricewise your are looking at 25e per sq m for a good quality bleechable carpet + 6e per sq m for nice and soft underlaying, similar to the one they use on carpets in show house.

Hi,

Can i ask, for anyone that installed a double oven in the kitchen and were left with a space, what did you do to fill it? We wanted to get a small unit made to fill the gap. Has anyone done this?

We had originally wanted to put in a small warming drawer but it's too small for that or anything practical really

EMcKvr wrote: »
    Hi, we have just put down a deposit for a house on the Avenue, been told they will be ready end of October/start of November. From the messages in this thread I would think that will be delayed a month or two.
    If anyone could recommend a carpet layer that would be great? What sort of costs are we looking at to carpet stairs and landing?

I would also recommend MCS floors, I have been dealing with John and the entire process has been smooth. Judging from the amount of MCS vans I have seen on the Crescent in past weeks I am not alone ;-)
    They have a location in Swords and the prices you get are per square meter installed + they guarantee installation within 5 days from making the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

We had originally wanted to put in a small warming drawer but it's too small for that or anything practical really

Do you mind me asking Brian what did you decide to do?

Have just left it as a little shelf really, nothing there at the moment but I'm sure nonsense junk mail will find its way there in time.

• Advertisement

Are people doing anything with their lawns? ours is quite patchy and water is sitting on it. Might be best to wait until spring at this stage?

Are people doing anything with their lawns? ours is quite patchy and water is sitting on it. Might be best to wait until spring at this stage?

I've planted a couple bags of seeds on Saturday in a desperate bid to stop my lawn looking like a rice paddy...

It is more than just aesthetics, my lawn is sloped towards the house so all the water ends up by the back door.

...worse case scenario I can feel good about feeding all the local birds...

tkrysiak wrote: »
    I've planted a couple bags of seeds on Saturday in a desperate bid to stop my lawn looking like a rice paddy...

It is more than just aesthetics, my lawn is sloped towards the house so all the water ends up by the back door.

...worse case scenario I can feel good about feeding all the local birds...

With ours, there are patches but i think uor biggest issue is the water is not draining which I think is from the compacted soil - from builders and machinery - so prob needs to be rotavated or something.

It's sloped to the house? Are you on a slope or did they just not make it level?

With ours, there are patches but i think uor biggest issue is the water is not draining which I think is from the compacted soil - from builders and machinery - so prob needs to be rotavated or something.

It's sloped to the house? Are you on a slope or did they just not make it level?

It is sloped for all my neighbors and everyone in that row on the Crescent seem to be having an issue. Apparently they are supposed to be installing drains for us to resolve the issue.

As for the water not draining you are correct, I was talking to a local friend of mine and he said it could also be an issue with ground water level being fairly high around here and the area being saturated. I guess we will soon find out if that is the case...

Can any of you guys reccomend a good snagger that you have used? Thanks!

Can any of you guys reccomend a good snagger that you have used? Thanks!

PM sent

Cheers!

Hi All - we wer suppose to snag this week but there is a delay with ESB from pervious experience does anyone have time frame how long they were pushed out ?

I was told that ESB is on site this week. I hope you get your notice next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 EMcKvr

Hi all, thanks for your replies above.
    Looks like the avenue is progessing at a good pace, contracts have been issued so we hope to be in before Christmas, am I being to optimistic?
    Has the internet connection situation been resolved?
    Were the gardens seeded or was the grass roll out lawn?

Advertisement