Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

they carried this piece yesterday too on newstalk. maybe it riled up enough people who texted in at 30c a text to make it a good money spinner for them.

And that is all it is, cheap american talk radio. The more money they make the more likely it is to be kept, they can also use it to show advertisers, look how many people listened in and were passionate enough to bother, this is who you can target etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Having read the statement, he doesn't really admit to anything and may just be landing himself in more trouble without dobbing anyone else in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's a fierce whack'o'poo or something equally smelly along the seafront, on strand road and down past the merrion gates today, what with that onshore breeze.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

there's a fierce whack'o'poo or something equally smelly along the seafront, on strand road and down past the merrion gates today, what with that onshore breeze.

It's been around the last couple of weeks. It schtinks! It must be the nature reserve at Booterstown maybe? Or have they released some sewage of late?

• Advertisement

there's a personal hygiene and a tail wind quip here somewhere :D

there's a personal hygiene and a tail wind quip here somewhere :D

:pac:

I do sometimes wish I could fart on command, so when pedalling by a terminal shoaler again after the lights I could let rip at them.
    Or other annoying people.

Never had that skill, some people are blessed :pac: pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

eeeee wrote: »

I do sometimes wish I could fart on command, so when pedalling by a terminal shoaler again after the lights I could let rip at them.

It'd be handy to have your own personal nitro boost too. Nasty consequences from overuse though, engines almost always explode when it's used in films.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It's been around the last couple of weeks.
    yeah, i noticed a pong last week too; just more noticeable today because of the onshore breeze i think. perhaps it's due to the runoff from the water treatment plant?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

For years it has been passed off as being the nature reserve. I never noticed the reserve smelling. Having being on the dart there at Booterstown every day for a while, the smell definitely comes from the sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

And, that I'm sorry to say, is why everyone hates cyclists.

It'd be handy to have your own personal nitro boost too. Nasty consequences from overuse though, engines almost always explode when it's used in films.

:eek:
    I feel ok in my un-armed state now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Test of an Aldi trainer:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Don't forget the best jack o lantern lights are bicycle rear lights. Nice and spooky.

Don't forget the best jack o lantern lights are bicycle rear lights. Nice and spooky.

They are brilliant, no one noticed them until they are right on top of them and then they get the fright of their life.

That Jack O Later, came out of nowhere.

Our youngest is 18 months and as calm a customer as you can meet but once the fireworks started going off outside earlier she went wild with excitement . Running around shouting fireworks and looking to go outside to see them, her big sister was super freaked out as were the trick or treaters who were informed about fireworks as they were thrown their bag of treats and ignored to return to looking out for fireworks :D

Our youngest is 18 months and as calm a customer as you can meet but once the fireworks started going off outside earlier she went wild with excitement . Running around shouting fireworks and looking to go outside to see them, her big sister was super freaked out as were the trick or treaters who were informed about fireworks as they were thrown their bag of treats and ignored to return to looking out for fireworks :D

I want a whole section devoted to 'lovely stories of Enflide's life'.

You have 1 min :pac:

I only report the good days. See ya in a month when another good day happens :D

I only report the good days. See ya in a month when another good day happens :D

Nope, every day is a magical day for you and fam in my brain :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

silverharp wrote: »

Followed by an almost universal chorus of "Roads are for cars!"...

Heading out this morning and finally spotted something my partner had been telling me about for a while but I hadn't yet seen myself. The post man on his new bike, what a beauty it is!!!!! Take the box off the back and you'd nearly fit an armchair on there so the kids could lounge their way to school on it :D

Love to know the specs on it, massive battery for a start and hub geared maybe? Couldn't get a close enough look as I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Heading out this morning and finally spotted something my partner had been telling me about for a while but I hadn't yet seen myself. The post man on his new bike, what a beauty it is!!!!! Take the box off the back and you'd nearly fit an armchair on there so the kids could lounge their way to school on it :D

Love to know the specs on it, massive battery for a start and hub geared maybe? Couldn't get a close enough look as I passed.

D12 yeah?

Here's the manufacturer:
    https://www.radkutsche.de/en/musketier/#features

ED E wrote: »
    D12 yeah?

Here's the manufacturer:
    https://www.radkutsche.de/en/musketier/#features

3999 basic model, add the box and we're at 7k add the rest and were at 11k for a post bike. Likely got a deal on a bulk order, still good value for them imo with the saving vs running a van. I asked the fella how he was finding it when I was along side him at lights and he was enthusiastic to say the least.

If I'd the money I'd be looking for the credit card right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

I picked up my bike from the LBS a couple of weeks ago after leaving €100+ behind on bike stuff for the millionth time in the knowledge that I'd be back soon for a new chain and cassette, remarked to my OH that I might as well be riding a motorbike, it'd be cheaper.

So now I have a motorbike and am questioning whether I should actually be allowed make my own life decisions!

It is an ad but it is funny:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

Very funny, and somewhat close to the bone!

CramCycle wrote: »
    It is an ad but it is funny:

anyone from here go to any of the cycling protests at the civic offices or the dail in the last day or two?

my (armchair) suggestion - cyclists taking a tilt at gates of the dail, with pool noodles as jousts, ending up in a pile like the pile of cop cars in 'the blues brothers' would make for a great publicity shot.

• Advertisement

Advertisement