Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I thought that too. The OH half asked what he was from and I though Dan LLoyd, which was lost on here. Some Irish Actor apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

doesn't look like him imo, but i recognise him from an irish tv show

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,446 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Back to Glasgow - the Malaysian coach had a strategically placed lucky charm:

495225.jpg495226.JPG

Serious crash at Ghent 6 Day. Rider in intensive care

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Weepsie wrote: »
    Serious crash at Ghent 6 Day. Rider in intensive care

Last nignt? Latest reports say he held a brief convo with family today, no confirmation of how serious he is hurt that I can find.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

dahat wrote: »
    Last nignt? Latest reports say he held a brief convo with family today, no confirmation of how serious he is hurt that I can find.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/thijssen-in-intensive-care-after-high-speed-crash-at-gent-six-day/

Get well soon Gerben

No Eurosport coverage Ghent it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

I'm looking to get a box of Co2 cartridges, I found Trivio ones on checkfrank.ie for cheap but the blurb on the site leads me to believe they may need a specific inflator. I had assumed the treads were universal. Anybody have any idea if they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

No Eurosport coverage Ghent it seems :(

I watched it online before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'm looking to get a box of Co2 cartridges, I found Trivio ones on checkfrank.ie for cheap but the blurb on the site leads me to believe they may need a specific inflator. I had assumed the treads were universal. Anybody have any idea if they are?

Just be sure that you get 16 gramme threaded cartridges. The first one that appeared on checkfrank.ie for me was 12 grammes.
    As far as I can see inflator is standard issue.
    I also note, that they have 16 gramme CO2 cartridges, but they don't seem to be great value.

By the way, as you refer to purchasing CO2 cartridges, it is now incumbent on you to initiate a Boards.ie bulk purchase. Sorry.

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    As far as I can see inflator is standard issue.
    I also note, that they have 16 gramme CO2 cartridges, but they don't seem to be great value.

30 for €48 seems like good value no?

I'm pretty sure I was charged a fiver per cartridge in a LBS near me recently, they also charged me €14 for a tube when I was caught short so my decision making is currently coloured by that experience.

I'm definitely not ignoring the rest of that post.

*whistles*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

You can't ignore it, it's the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

30 for €48 seems like good value no?

I'm pretty sure I was charged a fiver per cartridge in a LBS near me recently, they also charged me €14 for a tube when I was caught short so my decision making is currently coloured by that experience.

I'm definitely not ignoring the rest of that post.

*whistles*

I got a box of 30 in the last Boards buy. I think it came in at less than a Euro per cartridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭secman

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I got a box of 30 in the last Boards buy. I think it came in at less than a Euro per cartridge.

Me too ...still getting through them...long may they last

Ah lads, how does one organise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,129 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ah lads, how does one organise this.
    Start a new thread to see if there's interest?

Co2Cartridges.co.uk was used for the group buy in 2010, 2013, and 2015. Currently works out at ~€220 for 300 16g cartridges (~73c/cartridge).

https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/amp29788744/garmin-vector-air-news/

Garmin looking at competing with Powrpod/Aeropod

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

This is quite something:
    495439.jpg

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/altor-saf-lock/

I guess it's a good excuse to buy a trailer so you can bring it with you.

Bit difficult to do the Sheldon Brown method with that.

SAF is quite funny too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they should have made the weight 6.8kg, rather than the advertised 6.25.

I'm going to regret this, but why 6.8kg?

Some of this I'd expect (low car ownership around the very centre), but it's quite different from what most people might think (I assume anyway):
    https://twitter.com/IrishCycle/status/1196097689307492356

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I'm going to regret this, but why 6.8kg?

UCI stipulated minimum weight for racing bikes.

Plastik wrote: »
    UCI stipulated minimum weight for racing bikes.
    Ah, thanks! I'd never have got that. Funny!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Some of this I'd expect (low car ownership around the very centre), but it's quite different from what most people might think (I assume anyway):
    https://twitter.com/IrishCycle/status/1196097689307492356

Higher than I expected in some parts and lower in others

Ballsbridge not unexpected

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Hmmm so the south east of that map has some of the best public transport links in the country, adn one of the highest town based car ownership, also one of the if not the wealthiest areas of the country...

That band of wealth seems to be a barrier to quite a few active transport initiatives, and it contains a lot of "car parking rights activists", shall we say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you mean the merrion gates plan? the main issue with that end of the world is that it's where the traffic from the east link disgorges itself/has to funnel itself through. lots of construction traffic passes through that way from what i can see, plus goods vehicles.

Advertisement