Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Robert Pattinson's French accent was very bad.

Patterson sounds like he should be on the battlements with John Cleese in Holy Grail, farting in the general direction of Graham Chapman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pattinson’s French accent is comically awful.

Equally, his colourful performance was close to the only spark of life in that tedious, messy shrug of a film.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dolomite is my name

Eddie Murphy is very good in it.

Watched it at the weekend, found it very enjoyable. Best thing Murphy has done in decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I thought the king was a good movie. Only downfall was Robert Patterson. The lead English king was brilliant. His speech at the battleground was a great scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Marcella with Anna Friel is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Colette
    Transported to glittering Paris, a woman ghostwrites for her husband and, empowered by success, fights for her identity as a writer and freethinker.

Seth Meyers: Lobby Baby
    SNL alumnus and subversive master of late-night TV Seth Meyers comes out from behind the desk to share some lighthearted stories from his own life.

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power season 4

Voice season 1
    In this remake of the Korean thriller, an esteemed detective and a talented cop join forces to nail the killer who took the lives of their loved ones.

added

end of the f**cking world season 2 seems to have been added too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Another "thank **** it's not Paw Patrol" show is Puffin Rock. Irish, from the people who made Song of the Sea and Secret of Kells. Its beautifully animated, very wholesome. Chris O'Dowd narrates, I'd highly recommend it. The only issue is that there aren't that many
    I checked this out and found it good. My son likes it too. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

peteeeed wrote: »
    end of the f**cking world season 2 seems to have been added too
    Yes it was, as scheduled. I've been looking forward to it as I thought season 1 was brilliant. S2 is a little bit of an unknown quantity because season 1 was based on a graphic novel and season 2 is original. I'm optimistic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

13 episodes in this season of She-Ra. Cool!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Watched American Son as myself and the Wife enjoyed Scandal for a time and gave it a watch. Good god it was some pile of ****e...... about half way through we were almost laughing that they seemed to be intentionally making everyone as unlikeable as possible. Couple of decent actors and all but just give it a miss

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Watched The End of the F***ing World S2 there today. Nowhere near as good as S1 and a lot of it felt completely unnecessary. The few threads that were worth exploring more were mostly sidelined by other less interesting stuff. It doesn't take away from how good S1 was but yeah, it kinda feels like something that didn't really need to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Watched The End of the F***ing World S2 there today. Nowhere near as good as S1 and a lot of it felt completely unnecessary. The few threads that were worth exploring more were mostly sidelined by other less interesting stuff. It doesn't take away from how good S1 was but yeah, it kinda feels like something that didn't really need to happen.

I always thought season 1 was overrated.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Am looking forward to ‘The Irishman’ which will be out in few weeks. It’s getting 5 star reviews and will probably be favourite to land best picture at the Oscars.
    I think the only good Netflix film I’ve watched is ‘Beasts of no Nation’. Most films made for Netflix have been horrible, eg Birdbox.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

sugarman wrote: »
    I felt the total opposite! I went into it thinking it was going to be crap and couldn't see what direction they were going to go ..but I ended up enjoying it for what it was. Nowhere near as good as the first season but still decent viewing.

I still enjoyed it, it just felt a little more disjointed than S1. Like every second of screen time in S1 felt important whereas there were quite a few parts of S2 felt like padding, for me anyway.
    I actually liked how this season opened and thought it was going in one direction but then
    James appeared
    and it started to go a bit downhill from there. The ending too seemed a little bit too optimistic for my liking, as dark as that might sound, I kind of wanted
    when Bonnie killed them both
    to be the real ending, although for her sake I'm glad it wasn't.
    But yeah, I wouldn't say don't watch it and it's in no way terrible or anything like that, I just don't know that it added anything to the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Was the 12th man a Netflix film?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

The Frozen Ground was very good. Only realised at the end that it is a true story. So I looked it up & am shocked I never heard of the main character.

Birds of Passage
    A young Colombian in need of dowry funds becomes embroiled in the drug trade, a move that threatens the traditional ways of his indigenous Wayuu clan

Furious 7

Unfriended

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Devil Next Door was decent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Birds of Passage is a magnificent, strange and beautiful film. Kinda like a dreamy South American rural mob film, from the folk behind Embrace of the Serpent. Hard to easily explain or classify, but a stunning piece of world cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

peteeeed wrote: »
    Birds of Passage
    A young Colombian in need of dowry funds becomes embroiled in the drug trade, a move that threatens the traditional ways of his indigenous Wayuu clan

Furious 7

Unfriended

Added

If Unfriended is the movie thats shown completely from the perspective of a computer screen, its excellent. Way better than you'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

I dreaded watching that one (Unfriended) after reading the premise, but it was surprisingly OK all things considered. Something a bit new. Think there was a sequel, but once was enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Homelander wrote: »
    I dreaded watching that one (Unfriended) after reading the premise, but it was surprisingly OK all things considered. Something a bit new. Think there was a sequel, but once was enough for me.

Sequel is supposed to be awful, but the original is excellent.

The premise being explained makes it sound terrible, but so does the premise of Locke, and that's fantastic too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭El Duda

I watched Unfriended on my iMac screen. It make all the difference. A surprsingly competent film.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Anyone seen the Russian crime series The Method ? We thought it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Pattinson’s French accent is comically awful.

Equally, his colourful performance was close to the only spark of life in that tedious, messy shrug of a film.

True, but it's got Timothée Chalamet so sign me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thought The King was great. Superb acting from him ^

Busted! (Busted! I Know Who You Are!) season 2
    Netflix’s first Korean Original variety show featuring Yoo Jae-suk, Lee Kwang-soo, Kim Jong-min and Ahn Jae-wook returns.

Greatest Events of WWII in Colour season 1
    From the attack on Pearl Harbor to D-Day, the most pivotal events of World War II come to life in this vivid docuseries featuring colorized footage.

Green Eggs and Ham season 1
    On a road trip to save an endangered animal, polar opposites Guy and Sam learn to try new things like friendship -- and a certain delectable dish

Let It Snow
    A snowstorm hits a small town on a cold Christmas Eve, affecting the friendships, love lives and futures of several high school seniors.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Watched Dolomite is my name after seeing it posted here by someone. Really really enjoyed it. Eddie Murphy is great in it.

• Advertisement

Marcella season 2
    Despite marriage woes, a tragic loss, memory blackouts and her struggles as a mom, a London detective excels at what she does best: catching killers.

Added

Advertisement