Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Anyone checked out Tell Me Who I Am yet?
    Man that was f***ed up..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

camz09 wrote: »
    Anyone checked out Tell Me Who I Am yet?
    Man that was f***ed up..

I actually skipped past it there and watched fracture instead...is it worth a watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Just watched Tell Me Who I am. Whoa. That is some dark and intense stuff. Really disturbing and shot in the most haunting way. Will be thinking about it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

I saw 'Tell me Who I am' last night and it was just heartbreaking. Very intense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The trailer for this actually looks really good and I see it's got great reviews going by Rotten Tomatoes. Also some of the actual Dolemite movies themselves are up to stream on Prime now (possibly UK only), they look truly awful but also hilarious.

It's really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Watching 'Tell Me Who I Am' now. Hard watch but finding it hard to turn off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Knine wrote: »
    Seen all these except The Impossible. Seen the Revenant too. I love Survival Films
    The Impossible is really good. If you've got kids it especially brings home the horror of the unknown and separation in the wake of disaster.
    silverharp wrote: »
    what hellscape is this?
    Hollywood is eating itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ingrid Goes West
    After her release from a psychiatric ward, a chronic social media stalker moves to L.A. to befriend an Instagram star, but her plan takes a dark turn.

The Last Whistle
    After a star player dies during football practice, his coach's career and reputation are on the line as he refuses to quit his win-at-all-costs style.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Hoboo wrote: »
    Comedies? You're kidding.

Yep there comedies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Looking for decent horror film, any recommendations?

Wolves at the Door
    In the summer of 1969, four friends gather for a farewell party at an elegant Los Angeles home, never suspecting it could be their last goodbye

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Happy death day was very enjoyable
    Groundhog Day mixed with scream

The ritual was also pretty good .Worth a watch for the the time of year that’s in it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Monthly price increase again. Happens every year now. It’s def going to go to €20 a month.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

fin12 wrote: »
    Monthly price increase again. Happens every year now. It’s def going to go to €20 a month.
    The price increase was announced in June - I'm guessing it's only being passed on to you now, as I know a number of people who've already had it.

It's reckoned they won't have many more now because there's too much competition coming for them to risk it further.

A 3 Minute Hug
    This documentary captures the joy and heartbreak of families separated by the U.S.-Mexico border sharing a short but bittersweet reunion in 2018

Little Miss Sumo
    In an ancient sport traditionally reserved for men, 20-year-old female sumo prodigy Hiyori attempts to revolutionize Japan's national pastime.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The Kominsky Method. A Chuck Lorre comedy starring Michael Douglas. Very funny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

She ra is crap. Nothing like the original 80s cartoon

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Kominsky Method. A Chuck Lorre comedy starring Michael Douglas. Very funny. :)

Currently on Series 2 of this.
    Keeping up the quality of Series 1, great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

NIMAN wrote: »

Series 2? Excellent. I didn't know that. Loved the first series. Thats me sorted for a few days.

Anybody seen Ultraviolet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

The babysitter

Started off funny and thought it would be alright but it just got more and more and more ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Looking for decent horror film, any recommendations?

Not a film, but an 8-episode series (so you can do it in a couple of nights) - but I'd recommend Marianne.

French horror about a 30-year-old retired writer who realises one of the demons from her novels is real and wreaking havoc in her home town. Think of the Exorcist meets Misery meets It, but done in a more serious style than Stephen King.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Arsenio Hall: Smart & Classy
    In his first stand-up special, Arsenio Hall discusses getting older, the changing times and culture, social issues and even bothersome baby toes.

The Road to El Camino: Behind the Scenes of El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie
    Aaron Paul, Vince Gilligan and other cast members, producers and crew share stories and footage from the making of "El Camino."

added

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Road to El Camino: Behind the Scenes of El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie
    Aaron Paul, Vince Gilligan and other cast members, producers and crew share stories and footage from the making of "El Camino."

added

They are really squeezing the last bit of juice out of Breaking Bad. El Camino was watchable that's all.

After seeing the Deadwood movie and the Breaking bad 'movie', I've come to the conclusion that the whole concept of making a movie after a tv show has finished is just for the benefit of making the actors a few quid. They are pointless exercises in terms of the viewing pretty much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was pretty indifferent to El Camino - it has its moments and is filmed with all the style and grace you'd expect from the creative team, but it is fundamentally a bit pointless in a way it never fully escapes (particularly its over-reliance on flashbacks). It's far from peak Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul.

Deadwood, though, I'd give a lot more credit to. There was a more pressing reason to revisit that, because almost everyone involved felt a sense of unfinished business. I also think it's a far more rewarding and conclusive 'sequel' than El Camino is, and managed to have emotional weight beyond just the simple fact of getting the gang back together again. It's not a masterpiece or anything, but it was IMO a lovely, warm and warranted epilogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Watched Dolemite is my name, starts off a bit slow, but soon picks up to be an enjoyable film.

Had to check IMDB, to see if Dwayne Johnson was in it after losing a serious amount of weight, because Keegan-Michael Key looks just like him.

Edit, sad to hear that Charlie Murphy passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just finished Daybreak, it's alright. It has its moments but the ending is just terrible.

I was pretty indifferent to El Camino - it has its moments and is filmed with all the style and grace you'd expect from the creative team, but it is fundamentally a bit pointless in a way it never fully escapes (particularly its over-reliance on flashbacks). It's far from peak Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul.

Deadwood, though, I'd give a lot more credit to. There was a more pressing reason to revisit that, because almost everyone involved felt a sense of unfinished business. I also think it's a far more rewarding and conclusive 'sequel' than El Camino is, and managed to have emotional weight beyond just the simple fact of getting the gang back together again. It's not a masterpiece or anything, but it was IMO a lovely, warm and warranted epilogue.

There was definitely an unfinished element to Deadwood, just after it it all felt a bit underwhelming and not worth the effort. Didn’t feel any of the connection to the old characters anymore. It was like the tale didn’t need to be told ...Powers Booth left a big gaping whole unfortunately

Flavorful Origins season 2
    Embark on a delightful journey through the culinary traditions of China and uncover the stories of the people who create and cherish its dishes

The Frozen Ground
    In this fact-based thriller, an Alaska state trooper pursuing a serial killer teams with a 17-year-old-prostitute who escaped the predator's clutches.

SpongeBob Square Pants season 6

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN wrote: »

Finished series 2 last night.

Very good but disappointed with the ending.

It was one of those when you expected another episode to start, and it didn't. Didn't feel like a natural ending at all.

But at least we have a series 3 to come.

Advertisement