Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    From the OP

Note: Characters and roles are not indicative of alignment - any character, or any role can be good, and likewise any role or character can be evil.

Whatever you think of the Cartman hunter role, please retain in your mind when considering whether the role makes someone evil or not. Roles are not indicative of alignment. If you think someone is evil purely because of their role then that is wrong, as per the mods.

Further to that. I'm proof (in my own mind anyway) of this. I had a role of a goodie and was aligned good. Now I have the role of a baddie but am still aligned good. Roles aren't connected to alignment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Eva, Sorry to go over old ground but how exactly did Brendan suggest you were lovers to you? I mean we know that your name was Neigbors which is in the glossary according to people who check the glossary (Im sure I read that according to someone on here) while the role in the OP is specifically named as Lovers.

Like any man (Stan not Isla) in a relationship I am paranoid about someone I am tied to for life seemingly but I would def worry I was being pocketed if my start game character info said nothing about a lover.

On for a running visit and will be back on properly in an hour or so but wanted to get an answer up for Isla. No bad thing to document my side of this anyway. For clarity Brendan, feel free to contradict me here if you disagree with any of this.o

I initially pretended I had been told I was sharing a room with a wolf, trying to see if I could bluff him a bit (as this bluff progressed, I grew confident he at least had access to the same PM I had).

He floated the idea that we could be lovers and could potentially win the gam as a team, and it was in both our interests to keep each other alive.

There was a little back and forth, and eventually he said it was a “fact” we were lovers. I did call him on the use of the word, and he backed off a little saying it made sense we were lovers cause of our characters and being stuck in a room together.

At that point, we clarified who we were, and honestly, I happily accepted we were probably lovers.

Bit of mindless discussion till Wednesday, where I raised the point that Isla/Patrick knew they were lovers, and I questioned if there’d be multiple lovers in the game, and if you guys were told, why weren’t we.

That’s when he came out.

Frank, I’m also floating this just in case, but while I didn’t tell him your ID, there’s the chance he got enough info off me to deduce you were my interrogator

(And adding here, I still am, like, 90% trusting him cause his on thread play has been very good. But I think it’s important to document everything in case I die....)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

So here's Clodaghs votes:

Lynch 1,2 & 3: Regan. No complaints really. Especially seeing as she was very early on regan the second night. Have to admire the consistency. Although is this a way of just appearing consistency and not flip/flopping if her votes were checked. Possible I guess.

Lynch 4: Vernon. Got a wolf. No complaints.

Lynch 5: Ewan: Another wolf. When the wolves were getting nailed it would be odd to bus them.

Overall: I think her voting pattern is that of a villager. Village lean

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Lads throwing out im Kenny and I'm good and I'm Cartman and I'm good, seriously? That's proof of nothing

If all 4 of the main characters are good then I'd be surprised as the OP seems to indicate otherwise. From memory we've Stan my lover along with Cartman and Kenny still alive! It's mad

Also Lucy, you said you hoped you'd reveal more with your death, what did you mean?

Alignment.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Further to that. I'm proof (in my own mind anyway) of this. I had a role of a goodie and was aligned good. Now I have the role of a baddie but am still aligned good. Roles aren't connected to alignment.

Who are you again?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    On for a running visit and will be back on properly in an hour or so but wanted to get an answer up for Isla. No bad thing to document my side of this anyway. For clarity Brendan, feel free to contradict me here if you disagree with any of this.o

I initially pretended I had been told I was sharing a room with a wolf, trying to see if I could bluff him a bit (as this bluff progressed, I grew confident he at least had access to the same PM I had).

He floated the idea that we could be lovers and could potentially win the gam as a team, and it was in both our interests to keep each other alive.

There was a little back and forth, and eventually he said it was a “fact” we were lovers. I did call him on the use of the word, and he backed off a little saying it made sense we were lovers cause of our characters and being stuck in a room together.

At that point, we clarified who we were, and honestly, I happily accepted we were probably lovers.

Bit of mindless discussion till Wednesday, where I raised the point that Isla/Patrick knew they were lovers, and I questioned if there’d be multiple lovers in the game, and if you guys were told, why weren’t we.

That’s when he came out.

Frank, I’m also floating this just in case, but while I didn’t tell him your ID, there’s the chance he got enough info off me to deduce you were my interrogator

(And adding here, I still am, like, 90% trusting him cause his on thread play has been very good. But I think it’s important to document everything in case I die....)

The piece I've bolded is interesting, anything in particular in the way he said it, it's odd phrasing.

The "fact" piece about the lover is odd phrasing too.

Even so, it's info that we unfortunately can't read in a flow so I'm sure I'm just over reaching, it didn't seem odd at all to you in the flow though?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Alignment.

Ah ok, so you thought when you died you'd have a full reveal and we would know you were good! Did you ask the mods prior to your self sacrifice?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Who are you again?

Well at first I was

giphy.gif

Then I was

giphy.gif

And now I am, but without using the roids

giphy.gif

But really I'm just Abigail.

giphy.gif

Ah ok, so you thought when you died you'd have a full reveal and we would know you were good! Did you ask the mods prior to your self sacrifice?

Cant really mention clarifying things with mods. There's [REDACTED] elements

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

The piece I've bolded is interesting, anything in particular in the way he said it, it's odd phrasing.

Even so, it's info that we unfortunately can't read in a flow so I'm sure I'm just over reaching, it didn't seem odd at all to you in the flow though?

Guess we will have to see Brendans interpretation of this. The way it's been layed out makes sense from what was said previously with him apparently suggesting they were lovers. I only brought it up (from which this response came) cos it sounds kind of pockety cos no offense Patrick if I wasn't told I was a lover at the start of the game I'd def question the hell out of you telling me that was the case.

• Advertisement

And here is Fiona:

Lynch 1: DNV. Hate this. Worse than a no lynch. But possibly wasn’t active the Sunday night.

Lynch 2: Gabriel. Voted early so no complaints there. We were still fairly blind this day.

Lynch 3: Tegan. First on the train. Not particularly wolfy but maybe hoped people would jump on board are lynch 2 shenenigans.

Lynch 4: DNV. ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS. Two missed votes is not good enough.

Lynch 5: Emily. She manages to get a vote in on me despite not having posted all day.

So this is all over the shop and leads me to two different potential scenarios.

A) She is a disinterested villager with a minor role. Explains the two DNVs anyway

B) She started as an apprentice jester, graduated to full jester and is now looking for the lynch. I don’t know if DNV and not reaching posting limits – which she hasn’t at all the last couple of days- counts, but they do then she could be close to victory. If they don’t she could just be looking for the lynch by appearing as a useless villager.
    What do yous think?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Yep, I think we can just ignore Fiona - She will eventually be removed. She hasn't posted for 2 days and 17 hours.

Frank WW wrote: »
    Yep, I think we can just ignore Fiona - She will eventually be removed. She hasn't posted for 2 days and 17 hours.

Hmm..

Did she self vote at any stage?

Just after flicking through this afternoons stuff. Nice not to have 400 posts to get through!

Nothing really stands out except well played to Eva and Abi for pointing out (AGAIN) that the characters used have no influence on the alignment of the players.

How is it Day 5 and this is still the source of quites a few posts/disputes.

Wasting time and energy whoever is fixating on this

Hmm..

Did she self vote at any stage?

Nope. Didnt vote twice, then voted once for Gabriel, Tegan and myself

Emily WW wrote: »
    Just after flicking through this afternoons stuff. Nice not to have 400 posts to get through!

Nothing really stands out except well played to Eva and Abi for pointing out (AGAIN) that the characters used have no influence on the alignment of the players.

How is it Day 5 and this is still the source of quites a few posts/disputes.

Wasting time and energy whoever is fixating on this

Sorry that should be Isla not Eva

Nope. Didnt vote twice, then voted once for Gabriel, Tegan and myself

And the nights she didn't vote are night 0 and night 3

Night 4 she voted despite not posting.

Does voting count as enough activity in the mods eyes I wonder

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I've just had a thought on Angus. Could the wolves have munched the same person he claimed to shoot in order to make us kill our vig?

They could have munched him I suppose and we'd be in the same place....

No, I'm going to have to vote him - I don't have a reason for them munching liam.

I'm not voting Fiona but I think we should consider poisoning her tomorrow - we can't afford to let her get any more self-votes.

Emily, I really hope you're evil. I voted you because you felt so pockety to me. If you're good, i've just voted to poison you because you're nice, and I hope that's not true. Sorry if it is.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Sorry that should be Isla not Eva

It's now my Sig :pac:

Not my fault if people keep coming out with stuff like I'm good cos I'm insert character name here

I keep forgetting, but the only way to clear Isla and Patrick without killing one is to peek them. Assume that we have a seer and they've already thought of this.

I was going to put up fake-seer peeks in case the real seer has done so and wants cover. The more folk that join in, the better.

However, the big issue here is that the wolves know if one is evil and so if only one person comes out with a correct peek, we're scuppered.

Any ideas village?

• Advertisement

And the nights she didn't vote are night 0 and night 3

Night 4 she voted despite not posting.

Does voting count as enough activity in the mods eyes I wonder

Nope. Lynch 4 she did not vote. (or post I think)

Lynch 5 she voted for me but didnt not post.

She probably should just be forgotten about

It's now my Sig :pac:

Not my fault if people keep coming out with stuff like I'm good cos I'm insert character name here

Yeah that sig was a great move

Currently voting Abigail - I'm not at all convinced by their explanations and general lack of apparent interest. Feels like they could have been a villager who was ressurected as a wolf and now doesn't have the interest due to the teams general disintegration

Yeah, that's not a strategy, that's not playing....

Guess we will have to see Brendans interpretation of this. The way it's been layed out makes sense from what was said previously with him apparently suggesting they were lovers. I only brought it up (from which this response came) cos it sounds kind of pockety cos no offense Patrick if I wasn't told I was a lover at the start of the game I'd def question the hell out of you telling me that was the case.

Yeah, I'm not sure I can expand much further than that post.

Basically, I trust him for now, but I wouldn't object to him getting peeked eventually. Not a chance I'd vote him out for a while yet (there's far more suspicious suspects), and he's in my top third of trusted people. But its werewolf, I don't 100% trust anyone, and its no harm having that little niggle I have documented.

With the "as a team" bit though.

I had only posted twice at that point; a cheeky gif, and a post starting the (albeit awful) bluff that I "knew" he was a wolf.

Henry WW wrote: »

I'm not voting Fiona but I think we should consider poisoning her tomorrow - we can't afford to let her get any more self-votes.

There's 18 players left in the game. There cant be much more than 2 evils. We CAN let her just idle herself out. She makes no difference as it is right now

There's 18 players left in the game. There cant be much more than 2 evils. We CAN let her just idle herself out. She makes no difference as it is right now

unless she's an apprentice jester...?

There's no modkill for lack of posts/not voting - it's all self-votes.

Nope. Lynch 4 she did not vote. (or post I think)

Lynch 5 she voted for me but didnt not post.

She probably should just be forgotten about

Sorry, I think about Sunday night as being night 0 - If you look at the way I word my wagonomics posts.

My Night 4 and your Lynch 5 are the same night

I've just had a thought on Angus. Could the wolves have munched the same person he claimed to shoot in order to make us kill our vig?

They could have munched him I suppose and we'd be in the same place....

No, I'm going to have to vote him - I don't have a reason for them munching liam.

Emily, I really hope you're evil. I voted you because you felt so pockety to me. If you're good, i've just voted to poison you because you're nice, and I hope that's not true. Sorry if it is.

Here I put myself forward to take one for the team. Orla has poisoned a villager but for the good of the village it was far better than the lovers or someone whos (close to) lock clear. No need to feel bad.

unless she's an apprentice jester...?

There's no modkill for lack of posts/not voting - it's all self-votes.

So if shes some sort of a jester, she can actually win the game by just not participating

I'd nearly let her do it just so we can see what a farce that is.

Strange that she was a jester who could also cast necromancy on Abigail though

• Advertisement

However, the big issue here is that the wolves know if one is evil and so if only one person comes out with a correct peek, we're scuppered.

Any ideas village?

IF we have a seer who has a wolf, I'd actually ponder if it would be worth coming out, even if they wanted to wait till a minute before munch tomorrow.

We've five wolves down, yeah? If a seer has a sixth, surely we'd be hitting a tipping point towards "There's no chance the village can screw up the numbers advantage" territory, no?

Advertisement