Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Angus and a series of unfortunate events.

I’ve been working all day and going to cinema tonight so will prob miss munch.

I can’t work out how Angus could be good given the evidence posted and things that have happened that are very hard to explain away. Gonna post this again cause it doesn’t look like much has been explained and there are a lot of hoops you have to jump through to not be highly suspicious:

think

- anytime Angus places a kill order we get “a shot is fired” mod announcement, so we can tell when he’s chosen a target.
    - he chose Gertie and Mary when these announcements (a shot is fired) were made on thread (look at post 1 links to spot when this happened)
    - he’s pretty much denied this connection (a shot is fired) that you can see form
    My questions him
    - it also sort of doesn’t fit in with his reasoning on coming out.
    - he came out on thread and said he’s a bullet who will I shoot? 40 mins before a munch and 40 mins before he had to make a decision but told us he only had 8
    - ewan said “shoot Mary”
    - I think he had already placed his order in he day before when we saw “a shot is fired” so either ewan guesses the one target or it was a wolf play to help Angus look like he wanted Village input into a choice he had already made
    - This morning the wolves had the choice of any player in the game but chose the exact same one as our VIG. What are the odds of that?

You are a wolf this morning and you can choose:

- some lover (doesn’t the other lover die ?)
    - ViG
    - a poisoner
    - anybody who isn’t on a Potential village list and who he village may actually be killing anyway
    - Liam who has nothing remarkable that I can tell would make him such an obvious target.

And you choose Liam? Really?

Ok let’s even ignore that, why did “a shot has been fired” show up on this mornings munch that coincided with Angus kill choice?

I mean there’s a lot you have to ignore to not find Angus as the primary target for tonight. I can’t get over how none of these things seem important to anybody as none have been discussed. Think Patrick is the only person who showed even a hint of interest.

I don’t know how Angus could be good other then him being a ridiculously unlucky villager.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Is it not unusual for a player to be told they can’t discuss there role? If I hadn’t poisoned Emily I’d be inclined to lynch her.

Sucks to be down another villager due to Fiona, but in fairness it does save us having to kill her.

I’m switching my vote to Angus now but may change again later to Doris.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Emily could have been some sort of seer that gets a peek in each phase :: day 0, night 0, day 1, night 1, day 2, night 2, etc.... This would allow her to have a lot of peeks, but also as part of the criteria mean she can never reveal who she is. Just leave her information as best she can.

As the game gets shallower, she becomes more useful, which she said herself.

I'm voting for Doris based on my own theory of this. Obviously don't try to verify im right Emily if you're still checking in

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Is it not unusual for a player to be told they can’t discuss there role? If I hadn’t poisoned Emily I’d be inclined to lynch her.

Sucks to be down another villager due to Fiona, but in fairness it does save us having to kill her.

I’m switching my vote to Angus now but may change again later to Doris.

It's unusual, but not unheard of

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Voted Angus try and get a majority so I can work instead of spending time reading.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    It's unusual, but not unheard of

Yeah, that’s the part of things I’ve the least bit believing right now.

My thoughts now is....is this a final roll of the dice from a doomed wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I'm in 10% battery and having dinner out at the moment so I may not make it back again before the lynch.

I'll vote for Punxsutawney.

If you decide to lynch me
    Just remember im Kim the odd night vig.

Conor is either purposely screwing up the day time bullet theories or hasn't logically thought everything out.

To clarify. No notice appears on thread when I put a kill order in.
    So the day time stuff isn't me.

Conors theory is I used the munch to hide this. Effectively he is saying the mods would be complicit in such an approach by including the shot in the munch announcement. How realistic is that.
    I said I would shoot Liam. Liam died at the munch and the shot associated with my attempt missed him because the wolves also targeted him. For conors theory to be correct the mods would have to have merged my purported day time action with the night time action of the munch. That just isn't realistic.

Rather my night action is combined with the wolves night action as both are night actions and get announced in the same 10am announcement as per the Gertrude and Mary hits. Des was hit with a day time action, others were missed in a day time action. These are not related to me.

My role is the sister role to Gabriel's even night vig.
    As per previously discussed I ran that flag to Conor in the first day or two of the game as I thought he might have been 5he even night one.
    Till later... Perhaps.

Patrick WW wrote: »
    I said I would shoot Liam. Liam died at the munch and the shot associated with my attempt missed him because the wolves also targeted him.

Yes, but why?

If we lynch Angus and emily is proven to be what I think she is, can we either poison doris or lynch her tomorrow ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    From the OP

Note: Characters and roles are not indicative of alignment - any character, or any role can be good, and likewise any role or character can be evil.

Whatever you think of the Cartman hunter role, please retain in your mind when considering whether the role makes someone evil or not. Roles are not indicative of alignment. If you think someone is evil purely because of their role then that is wrong, as per the mods.

Catching up now.

For clarity, if there Cartman had come out and we hadnt a Cartman Hunter confirmed good, id be fine.

A Cartman Hunter and Cartman makes no sense being on yeh same team.

What could a Cartman Hunter add to the good team if Cartman was good

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »
    If we lynch Angus and emily is proven to be what I think she is, can we either poison doris or lynch her tomorrow ?

I’m leaning towards getting that confirmation on Emily first tbh, tho am inclined to be worried bout Doris anyway after my vote analysis. So am happy either way.

Eva WW wrote: »
    On for a running visit and will be back on properly in an hour or so but wanted to get an answer up for Isla. No bad thing to document my side of this anyway. For clarity Brendan, feel free to contradict me here if you disagree with any of this.o

I initially pretended I had been told I was sharing a room with a wolf, trying to see if I could bluff him a bit (as this bluff progressed, I grew confident he at least had access to the same PM I had).

He floated the idea that we could be lovers and could potentially win the gam as a team, and it was in both our interests to keep each other alive.

There was a little back and forth, and eventually he said it was a “fact” we were lovers. I did call him on the use of the word, and he backed off a little saying it made sense we were lovers cause of our characters and being stuck in a room together.

At that point, we clarified who we were, and honestly, I happily accepted we were probably lovers.

Bit of mindless discussion till Wednesday, where I raised the point that Isla/Patrick knew they were lovers, and I questioned if there’d be multiple lovers in the game, and if you guys were told, why weren’t we.

That’s when he came out.

Frank, I’m also floating this just in case, but while I didn’t tell him your ID, there’s the chance he got enough info off me to deduce you were my interrogator

(And adding here, I still am, like, 90% trusting him cause his on thread play has been very good. But I think it’s important to document everything in case I die....)

This is all true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'm between Angus and Doris tonight! Leaning Angus at the moment based on the 8 minute vote for a bullet and following Ewan

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Jesus I come back to this

Emily isn’t the seer, or if she is she isn’t village. I know that because I’m a villager. If she flips good and seer, go right ahead and kill me tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Yes, but why?

Ok wtf, I never said any of whatever the **** you just tried to shade me with! I didn't ever have a bullet in this game

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

duffman13 wrote: »
    I'm between Angus and Doris tonight! Leaning Angus at the moment based on the 8 minute vote for a bullet and following Ewan

giphy.gif

Grand, I'll be having my dinner now and then bringing my kids to bed. I wont be back on again before lynch. Either see ye after or in the morning

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Duffman your bits are hanging out, cover up man

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Ok wtf, I never said any of whatever the **** you just tried to shade me with! I didn't ever have a bullet in this game

Me, sorry

Me, me! **** me, I'm turning into Baggly

• Advertisement

Yes, but why?

Eva wtf is this post about? I'd like a link to it please?

Isla WW wrote: »
    Guess we will have to see Brendans interpretation of this. The way it's been layed out makes sense from what was said previously with him apparently suggesting they were lovers. I only brought it up (from which this response came) cos it sounds kind of pockety cos no offense Patrick if I wasn't told I was a lover at the start of the game I'd def question the hell out of you telling me that was the case.

I obviously wasnt told of Evas allignment, so i suspected there was a good chance she was a wolf.

I was very paranoid at first, i assumed we were lovers and in with a wolf. So to antagonise Eva i said its a fact we are lovers, as in he needed me and i needed him, as if one died the other would die.

As the day grew on i was feeling breexy and said **** it, ill trust eva.its a risk but i cane out and identified myself on thread.

Eva did the same and here we are. Ive never had a any trust issues or any reason to think eva was wolfy based on her play.

Did i doubt her? Yes, could easily be a wolf playing a good game.

Do i think shes a wolf...... no.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Catching up now.

For clarity, if there Cartman had come out and we hadnt a Cartman Hunter confirmed good, id be fine.

A Cartman Hunter and Cartman makes no sense being on yeh same team.

What could a Cartman Hunter add to the good team if Cartman was good

Hunt them down and join them in a backroom?

Eva wtf is this post about? I'd like a link to it please?

I was wondering why you were reacting to this, and have looked back and seen the issue.

I went to quote Angus's post where he said that, which was this...
    Angus WW wrote: »
    I said I would shoot Liam. Liam died at the munch and the shot associated with my attempt missed him because the wolves also targeted him.

I'm presuming what happened here was that I had one of your posts selected via the multi-quote function as well, but when I was shortening down Angus' post so I could ask the question regarding the relevant sentence, I didn't notice I had one of your posts quoted too. So I deleted past the tag that was the start of his post, and the end and body of your (mis-)quoted post.

If you click the blue button beside your name on that post, you'll see it links to one of your posts where you were asking me about Brendan.

Not an active decision to throw shade (and convince people you had a bullet). Just a bastardization of two quoted posts. Sorry bout that (though your reaction made me lol)

I was wondering why you were reacting to this, and have looked back and seen the issue.

I went to quote Angus's post where he said that, which was this...

I'm presuming what happened here was that I had one of your posts selected via the multi-quote function as well, but when I was shortening down Angus' post so I could ask the question regarding the relevant sentence, I didn't notice I had one of your posts quoted too. So I deleted past the tag that was the start of his post, and the end and body of your (mis-)quoted post.

If you click the blue button beside your name on that post, you'll see it links to one of your posts where you were asking me about Brendan.

Not an active decision to throw shade (and convince people you had a bullet). Just a bastardization of two quoted posts. Sorry bout that (though your reaction made me lol)

Move along, nothing to see here! I'd literally logged in and was about to have a read back and seen that and thought what the **** is this one at! I see the post aswell from Angus now

Move along, nothing to see here :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Move along, nothing to see here! I'd literally logged in and was about to have a read back and seen that and thought what the **** is this one at! I see the post aswell from Angus now

Move along, nothing to see here :D

Look, if you're not going to have a proper melt down which results in someone throwing their toys out of the pram and storming off, is there any point in even doing this?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Yeah, that’s the part of things I’ve the least bit believing right now.

My thoughts now is....is this a final roll of the dice from a doomed wolf.

Regardless if evil or not, I firmly believe some roles are hidden by mod rules.

Okay doke, Doris or Angus, Angus or Doris.

I've felt wolfy about Doris for a while and good about Angus, but hated the shooting this morning.

If we vote Doris:
    Eva may be a seer who is indicating we should vote Doris (- one wolf).
    She may be a wolfy wolf who is putting a last ditch attempt on shade at Doris (-one villager).
    Angus shoots tomorrow - if good = potential wolf shot (minus 2 wolves or minus 1 wolf/minus 1 village). If bad = defo village shot (minus 1 wolf/1 village/2 village).
    Best case = -2 wolves.
    Worst case = -2 village

If we vote Angus:
    Kill Angus wolf = - 1 wolf
    Kill Angus village -= -1 village

Bonus = we know if Eva was seer and know whether to trust on Doris.

I hate kiling a potential vig, but he's not killed a single wolf. May kill another village tomorrow.

I'm going to vote Angus.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Look, if you're not going to have a proper melt down which results in someone throwing their toys out of the pram and storming off, is there any point in even doing this?

:D This is true!

Angus looks gone, I'd vote for him but don't wanna trigger the majority incase Emily has any last min nuggets she'd like to add. Then I'm outta here for a day or two:)

• Advertisement

:D This is true!

Angus looks gone, I'd vote for him but don't wanna trigger the majority incase Emily has any last min nuggets she'd like to add. Then I'm outta here for a day or two:)

I think majority is triggered tbh. I counted 8 votes there but have been drinking...

Advertisement