Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    So Im not a wolf before 9 to cover your last minute vote switch but now I am, fierce sneaky methinks

Things evolve!

You were due to be lynched and the votes were rigged and you didn't get lynched

If a wolf rigged the votes then you're definitely a wolf, they were saving you

If a villager rigged the vote then you could be village or wolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    Things evolve!

or just village but that doesnt suit your narrative

Shady fierce shady

Well it sounds like a wolf role cos you want it to as it implicates me and covers up your last minute vote change when you said it was self preservation and that I wasnt wolfie.

It could equally be a village role as the vote manipulator wants to see how my role could help village and is giving it a chance

It definitely could be

I gave the reasons for my last minute change, was very upfront about it
    If you don't want to believe me then thats your choice

Liam WW wrote: »
    Senan is looking queer hairy tonight i think ill be ready to start voting tomorrow

I'd say you or some of your wolf buddies will make sure I don't make it to that vote

I'm off to bed too

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

shooting people maybe

That's the nature of the game. I wouldn't classify that as us being in trouble.

Unless you think the Odd Vig is bad?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Because who ever saved me is curious about my role and probably realises Im not a wolf and figures it could benefit village but seeing how things have gone so far, ill probably just be running a sauna

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

What is your role? I

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    gooonight everyone

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29371a8997d7cf48734b6745757f95dcd5b4c62d31&rid=giphy.gif

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

What is your role? I

Well apparently Ive forgotten but will remember tomorrow is all I know

Eva WW wrote: »
    That's the nature of the game. I wouldn't classify that as us being in trouble.

Unless you think the Odd Vig is bad?

I thought that is what you were implying by bringing it up originally

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ah thanks for the update phil

Funniest post to date.
    Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I thought that is what you were implying by bringing it up originally

No.

Honestly, my guess right now is that there’s a possibility roles and alignments were assigned independently of each other. (with the possible exception of the Jester).

When people are dying, their roles are revealed, and then their alignment is hidden behind a spoiler tag. Meaning it’s possible to imply learning a role First doesn’t spoil the alignment.

This means the OddVig could be good or bad. If or when he comes out, he will have to be judged on the merit of his actions, NOT simply on the fact he goes unchallenged in any role claim.

For instance, we know that Desmond today got shot shortly after revealing he had the power to grant wishes (despite the story he spun). Which means the wolves have a vig of some sort, yeah?

No.

Honestly, my guess right now is that there’s a possibility roles and alignments were assigned independently of each other. (with the possible exception of the Jester).

When people are dying, their roles are revealed, and then their alignment is hidden behind a spoiler tag. Meaning it’s possible to imply learning a role First doesn’t spoil the alignment.

This means the OddVig could be good or bad. If or when he comes out, he will have to be judged on the merit of his actions, NOT simply on the fact he goes unchallenged in any role claim.

For instance, we know that Desmond today got shot shortly after revealing he had the power to grant wishes (despite the story he spun). Which means the wolves have a vig of some sort, yeah?

Ahhh got it thanks for that explanation :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Wolves have to have some decent roles or the game would be way unbalanced.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Things evolve!

There is however third option

Wolves think we can lynch her tomorrow. So they can change votes today, kill another goodie while we waste time on her tomorrow. Could be possible she is a set up villager or a doomed wolf.

No.

You are definitely correct in the roles not being closely related to the alignment

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

You are definitely correct in the roles not being closely related to the alignment

It says it in the OP in bold writing

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Evening all.

Was out of action there for the evening.

Reading through Brendans catch up felt like watching momento! But I think he made some good points.

I need to get to bed but will do a proper round up of my thoughts from this evening tomorrow.

One thing is for sure and that’s that the village had an awful day and we need to nail a wolf tomorrow

Night night

Could also have been the vig, I'll be p!ssed if it was, they should be holding their powder dry until the have more info

Odd you want vigs to hold dry for more info but you are losing your **** over no lynches.

This is a contradiction in your logic, and another black mark against you.

Emily WW wrote: »
    Evening all.

Was out of action there for the evening.

Reading through Brendans catch up felt like watching momento! But I think he made some good points.

I need to get to bed but will do a proper round up of my thoughts from this evening tomorrow.

One thing is for sure and that’s that the village had an awful day and we need to nail a wolf tomorrow

Night night

My gut is telling me this is extremely wolfy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

My gut is telling me this is extremely wolfy

It would definitely give added weight to their being at least one wolf on Steve out of gertrude Patrick and emily

• Advertisement

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Btw, I cant use the peek myself, I can only grant the wish to another player

Im guessing this is what got Des shot in the end

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Im guessing this is what got Des shot in the end

If true then does that mean there's a wolf with a gun?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    If true then does that mean there's a wolf with a gun?

Or could we be thinking an unknown kill team as well as a jester and wolves to figure out?

Senan snd winifred would be my too biggest suspects after a catch up

Who Posted?
    Total Posts: 1,525
    User Name Posts
    Lucy WW 122
    Senan WW 114
    Wendy WW 107
    Regan WW 105
    Henry WW 78
    Isla WW 68
    Patrick WW 66
    Eva WW 65
    Brendan WW 63
    Vernon WW 60
    Orla WW 57
    Winifred WW 48
    Liam WW 48
    Derry WW 46
    Conor WW 43
    Phil WW 43
    Desmond WW 41
    Steve WW 40
    Doris WW 35
    Emily WW 33
    Clodagh WW 32
    Frank WW 30
    Oisin WW 28
    Holly WW 22
    Barbara WW 20
    Ewan WW 19
    Fiona WW 19
    Gertrude WW 17
    Angus WW 14
    Gabriel WW 13
    Abigail WW 11

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Regan repeating his getting hi sctick made me think Jester but so did Wendy openly trying to get a wagon going on someone who had been peeked good (we don't know how good the peeker is however).

I feel like one of the heeled poisoned people could be bad. A goodie would have announced they would be heeling someone. Nobody said anything about anyone heeling anyone so im leaning it a wolf action.

Similarily I think being able to completely change who the village votes for is a big power. I would guess a 1 time one. If so a villager is now essentially a NRV having used this they should probably admit it was them. If that isn't the case I am likely to think a wolf had that role and of course question why a wolf would save Regan

Gab was someone who has probably already shot someone given, even night vig role so that can explain one of the deaths prior to their own.
    Vig is also a big role and if everyone has a role maybe big roles like that are split. Could be even & odd night Seers etc too

Eva wrote:

I must have said on thread a good few times now that roles do not equal good/bad as per the OP and you know Satan was good. Really odd for players to have been still acting as if this was the case up until now.

So as of today i'm thinking

Regan, Derry, Liam need more looking into as potential wolves, maybe Eva too. Wendy I am weary of potentially being a Jester but I don't have her firmly in team Village anyway.

Someone asked me before (read back through so much only fully caught up now) why patrick was one of the names I originally put forward (when nobody was putting forward any name but their own) and it was simply because people made some villagery moves before then but at that point I read the wolves as Jester hunting and having voted for Steve made him and Emily iirc less likely to be wolves imo. He was the more active out of those two.

Didn't mention Lucy but I guess she is kind of tied to Derry now. Peeked good so im not going there yet but Derry if bad would lie if Lucy was a wolf. If Lucy isn't munched (wolves thinking she is the Jester) then im presuming good unless Derry is a wolf and i'd look at him first

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Didn't mention Lucy but I guess she is kind of tied to Derry now. Peeked good so im not going there yet but Derry if bad would lie if Lucy was a wolf. If Lucy isn't munched (wolves thinking she is the Jester) then im presuming good unless Derry is a wolf and i'd look at him first

Why wouldn't wolves munch Lucy if she was the jester (don't think she is btw)? Jester needs to get lynched to win, munching her if she was Jester would give wolves a shot at win.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Why wouldn't wolves munch Lucy if she was the jester (don't think she is btw)? Jester needs to get lynched to win, munching her if she was Jester would give wolves a shot at win.

I think they would. If she isn't munched she is either good (most likely) or a wolf because she is tied to Derry who peeked her and could still be bad (and if he was surely team unless he's the jester would munch her).

If someone says they cured a poisoned victum and why I am less likely to think one of Derry/Liam is bad. If a person administering a cure stays quiet I would be more likely to think them a wolf who saved a wolf buddy.

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »

Not as vocal as most so far Holly, who are you suspecting atm? be it as wolf or as Jester?

Do you think either of the poisoned people could be bad?

What of Regan surviving the lynch?

Do you think the people who used powers to save them are more likely bad if they stay silent about their actions?

Advertisement