Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"boycott Always sanitary towels for removing the Venus logo"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Yes but trampolining in white shorts is where I would personally draw the line. That is sacred and only ciswomen are allowed do it.

Not when you've got an arse as good as mine, dearie! :D

Oh and, come on the winner and fuck the begrudgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I identify as a brush... will people stop using me to sweep things under the carpet :D

It's mad....Ted !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i think the boycotters are right. stand up against female erasure

on a lighter note

https://i.redd.it/qrs1jw5hypt31.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

bluewolf wrote: »
    i think the boycotters are right. stand up against female erasure

on a lighter note

https://i.redd.it/qrs1jw5hypt31.jpg

This is one of those rare times where I think both sides are complete fuckwits. There are just layers of “WTF?” with that story.

My general reaction:

Somebody campaigned to have the Venus symbol removed? WTF? #1

Who cares about the Venus symbol so much? WTF? #2

*googles Venus symbol as I don’t even know what it looks like*

Somebody campaigned to have the Venus symbol reinstated? WTF? #3

Why are people getting so bothered about something so tiny? WTF? #4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Why are people getting so bothered about something so tiny? WTF? #4

it's a symptom of a lot more going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Just when you think you have heard it all. Completely insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

I want to identify as the artist formerly known as Prince.

prince-brandmark-logo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Del2005 wrote: »
    I think it's the women identifying as men that have the problem.

They should grow a pair , suck it up and be a man.

Checks date, then realises EVERYDAY is fools day these days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

The irony in it all is thats its a former woman, asking for the womens venus symbol to be removed. Because i want to be an apache helicopter and have it on products i buy to affirm my switch to apache helicopter because im so insecure about my gender identity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Why the hell are trans men using them? They don't menstruate!

Still wet themselves at the prospect they never will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Too far!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Permabear Nevermind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Who cares about the symbol. Boycott Always because they recently added a fcukload of disgusting perfume that smells like cologne made from distilled grannies to their big comfy night time pads and now they make yer fanny itch like the blazes. Blithering idiots!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

You know, I'm not sure what direction I was expecting that to go but it was not that :pac:

Yes but trampolining in white shorts is where I would personally draw the line. That is sacred and only ciswomen are allowed do it.

It would be a brave woman to go trampolining in white shorts while on her period. Especially after having kids which isnt great for the pelvic floor :D

But yes, it's just a stupid symbol but as bluewolf said, it's a symptom of a bigger problem of 'woman', when applied exclusively to biological females, being a dirty word these days. Or anything that relates exclusively to women such as activists also pushing for terms such as "chestfeeding" and "menstruator". In order to include a tiny number of people, pretty much the entire sex must be excluded and erased apparently

Funny how they listened to this one person when all the women who have been complaining about the scented products are ignored.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

It's out of control and it's just a symptom of a much bigger problem. Men who identify as women dominating women's sports because nobody is willing to point out that they have a physical advantage over women, that they aren't good enough to compete at the male level in events, that a man is not a woman no matter what. Don't give me nonsense about intersex. Introduce trans categories in sports and stop allowing people who say they identify as a gender they weren't born as to compete.

Making toilets and changing rooms gender neutral leaving females feeling vulnerable because a man who identifies as a woman doesn't want to change in the male areas or use the mens toilets. Allowing convicted rapists to change their gender to female and serve their time in a women's prison if they say they identify as female. The list goes on and on and on. It's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If you menstruate, you are female.

I don't care what people identify as. If they want a gender reassignment they can go and get one and when fully "reassigned" stop menstruating as a result.
    Gender reassignment synthetically alters a person's biology and does change gender from a functional perspective at least.

Being biologically one gender and choosing to identify as another is as mind-mindbogglingly stupid as it is scientifically impossible. Countries may as well legalise selling water with labels saying it's wine.

sdanseo wrote: »
    If you menstruate, you are female.

I don't care what people identify as. If they want a gender reassignment they can go and get one and when fully "reassigned" stop menstruating as a result.
    Gender reassignment synthetically alters a person's biology and does change gender from a functional perspective at least.

Being biologically one gender and choosing to identify as another is as mind-mindbogglingly stupid as it is scientifically impossible. Countries may as well legalise selling water with labels saying it's wine.

There was a disturbing case last month where a woman gave birth then changed her gender and wanted to be identified on the child's Birth Certificate as being the child's father. Thankfully she lost. Most people, including myself, have no problem with someone believing they are a different gender to the one they were born with, but this stuff is gone too far and there is going to be a hell of a backlash. Teenagers being given double mastectomies, little kids of 4 years old being allowed to believe that they're something they aren't just because they like dresses and dolls doesn't make a little boy a little girl. A lot of this stuff is pushed by mothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

First the cross was airbrushed off Lidl's greek product range (must have offended someone),
    now it's the Venus cross type logo, is taken off lady products.
    What's next, roadsigns displaying crossings ahead?

FWIW I'm offended by boards shade of blue on their branding, it looks like PANTONE Blue 072 and simply I don't like this, it's offensive.
    Would much rather have Reflex Blue 281, which is more suitable. If someone can escalate that ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This will be the era our grandchildren will laugh about.

• Advertisement

First the cross was airbrushed off Lidl's greek product range (must have offended someone),
    now it's the Venus cross type logo, is taken off lady products.
    What's next, roadsigns displaying crossings ahead?

FWIW I'm offended by boards shade of blue on their branding, it looks like PANTONE Blue 072 and simply I don't like this, it's offensive.
    Would much rather have Reflex Blue 281, which is more suitable. If someone can escalate that ASAP!

Ahh FFS, did ya have to? I've two tester pots of Pantone to try on the bathroom walls and one of them is blue. Now what am I going to do, I can't risk offending people who use the toilet now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

blueshade wrote: »
    Ahh FFS, did ya have to? I've two tester pots of Pantone to try on the bathroom walls and one of them is blue. Now what am I going to do, I can't risk offending people who use the toilet now?

If it's a gender neutral toilet, there is a chance that any shade of blue would not be acceptable, and who knows, may even be met with brown in protest.

blueshade wrote: »
    It's out of control and it's just a symptom of a much bigger problem. Men who identify as women dominating women's sports because nobody is willing to point out that they have a physical advantage over women, that they aren't good enough to compete at the male level in events, that a man is not a woman no matter what. Don't give me nonsense about intersex. Introduce trans categories in sports and stop allowing people who say they identify as a gender they weren't born as to compete.

Making toilets and changing rooms gender neutral leaving females feeling vulnerable because a man who identifies as a woman doesn't want to change in the male areas or use the mens toilets. Allowing convicted rapists to change their gender to female and serve their time in a women's prison if they say they identify as female. The list goes on and on and on. It's madness.

I was happy to see scotland standing up a bit more against it recently.

this was one of the side effects of 'gender neutral bathrooms' in a school
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/girls-refuse-to-use-gender-neutral-restrooms-in-schools

i haven't watched this yet, but it seems to be becoming more public. hopefully before much more damage is done to children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=4bX1xMo-jWE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

I was happy to see scotland standing up a bit more against it recently.

this was one of the side effects of 'gender neutral bathrooms' in a school
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/girls-refuse-to-use-gender-neutral-restrooms-in-schools

i haven't watched this yet, but it seems to be becoming more public. hopefully before much more damage is done to children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=4bX1xMo-jWE

There are also plenty of boys/men who are not comfortable with sharing a bathroom with females. This works both ways.

Nobody seems to give a damn about the feelings of people who actually want to "identify" and stay as the gender they were born as.

It's turning into more of a power issue than an equality one

Paulzx wrote: »
    There are also plenty of boys/men who are not comfortable with sharing a bathroom with females. This works both ways.

Nobody seems to give a damn about the feelings of people who actually want to "identify" and stay as the gender they were born as.

It's turning into more of a power issue than an equality one

i think for a lot of the men out there, it certainly is a power issue.

this harassment and intimidation wasn't a wish for 'equality'
    https://womansplaceuk.org/2019/09/26/a-womans-place-is-at-conference/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

i think for a lot of the men out there, it certainly is a power issue.

this harassment and intimidation wasn't a wish for 'equality'
    https://womansplaceuk.org/2019/09/26/a-womans-place-is-at-conference/

I had to look up what TERF meant when i read the article:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

No joke, I read the title and was going to post "but men use them too!"

This stuff has gone beyond absurdity, and the death knell needs to ring for social media like yesterday. Pure and utter poison, as healthy for individuals and society as sellotaping nuclear waste to your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Something that may not be apparent is that the Venus symbol is on the wrappers of the individual pads rather than on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

A couple of years ago women were gushing over how stunning and brave Caitlyn Jenner was and any man who pointed out how ridiculous it was, was labeled a Nazi bigot. Now look at the mess you're in.

Hard to have sympathy. Ye made this bed for yourselves.

Just remember. Jenner killed a person and got away with it. Not on topic just think Jenner is scum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

I think most sensible people know at this stage how utterly messed up this whole transactivism palaver has been, from mutilated children to rapists with penises recorded in official crime stats as women, and a lot of horrific insanity in between.
    What is more important now, rather than reacting fretfully to the fringe effects of this idiocy, is to delve deeply and smartly into the causes. Find out where this whole topsy turvy form of thinking came from, note the people who promoted the ideology.
    It is a very subversive movement that intended long ago to uproot the essential meaning of anything called truth or reality. It is deconstructionist, it aims to destroy the foundations of reason. Nothing is true, or more true than anything else, according to this movement. There is no ground zero, no essential meaning, no purpose, no inherent dignity.
    Gender theory is but one strand, which people like Judith Butler ran with, going wildly to the place where biological sex is torn asunder by moronic ideology even in the highest medical universities. There are many other strands, such as moral relativism, cultural relativism, the destruction of the literary canon, ultimately the dehumanisation of the human being. The roots of the thinking go back towards Georges Bataille, even the Marquis de Sade. Subversive perverts who somehow got a toehold in academic thought. It is a big story.

Advertisement