Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"boycott Always sanitary towels for removing the Venus logo"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Gynoid wrote: »
    I think most sensible people know at this stage how utterly messed up this whole transactivism palaver has been, from mutilated children to rapists with penises recorded in official crime stats as women, and a lot of horrific insanity in between.
    What is more important now, rather than reacting fretfully to the fringe effects of this idiocy, is to delve deeply and smartly into the causes. Find out where this whole topsy turvy form of thinking came from, note the people who promoted the ideology.
    It is a very subversive movement that intended long ago to uproot the essential meaning of anything called truth or reality. It is deconstructionist, it aims to destroy the foundations of reason. Nothing is true, or more true than anything else, according to this movement. There is no ground zero, no essential meaning, no purpose, no inherent dignity.
    Gender theory is but one strand, which people like Judith Butler ran with, going wildly to the place where biological sex is torn asunder by moronic ideology even in the highest medical universities. There are many other strands, such as moral relativism, cultural relativism, the destruction of the literary canon, ultimately the dehumanisation of the human being. The roots of the thinking go back towards Georges Bataille, even the Marquis de Sade. Subversive perverts who somehow got a toehold in academic thought. It is a big story.

follow the money
    https://4thwavenow.com/2016/07/11/follow-the-money-trans-billionaire-makes-new-1-million-grant-to-chicago-pediatric-transition-clinic/

there was another organisation sponsoring yaniv as well, iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Her weapons were her crystal eyes Making every man a man
    Black as the dark night she was, Got what no one else had

Ow
    She's got it
    Yeah, baby, she's got it
    I'm your Venus, I'm your fire
    At your desire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

bluewolf wrote: »

Money, yes. Theres always filthy lucre involved. But this is even worse. It is about utter demoralisation of human reason. How many I have seen on here over the years, who view themselves as good, clever people, defend the most utterly indefensible because they have lost the capacity to truly comprehend reality and the weight of things. Frightening really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

I'm already forced to 'boycott' them because of the goddamn disgusting 'anti-odour' perfume crap they insist on putting on all their pads.

Literally any doctor or nurse will tell women to avoid putting any kind of scented product anywhere near their vagina, so why on earth are these companies putting this completely pointless, unnecessary crap on their products?

Are we supposed to feel ashamed and worried that we might smell when on our periods? Is a sickly artificial scent which can trigger thrush, BV, eczema and any number of issues supposed to be better than any natural smell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

A good swift kick to the bollo5ks wouldn't go a stray.

• Advertisement

next it'll be Volvo removing the Mars symbol from their logo. mark my words.

its happening already,

aFmRWek.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

next it'll be Volvo removing the Mars symbol from their logo. mark my words.
    Probably, they use it as the ancient chemical symbol for iron, which just happens to be the old Roman astrological symbol for manly Mars.

If they were still owned by Swe, they'd probably have lost it already. But volvo are now owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding (China) who would likely laugh off, or be very pleased, at the very notion it's strong semiotics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I was happy to see scotland standing up a bit more against it recently.

this was one of the side effects of 'gender neutral bathrooms' in a school
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/girls-refuse-to-use-gender-neutral-restrooms-in-schools

i haven't watched this yet, but it seems to be becoming more public. hopefully before much more damage is done to children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=4bX1xMo-jWE

Little girl me would have been a wee-holder-inner for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

A couple of years ago women were gushing over how stunning and brave Caitlyn Jenner was and any man who pointed out how ridiculous it was, was labeled a Nazi bigot. Now look at the mess you're in.

Hard to have sympathy. Ye made this bed for yourselves.

A lot of women weren’t bothered either way. But you know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

And today we got a trans logo for the Paris Olympics. What is going on in this world ?

4720a24_xOn_i9bVmi4i4W6jPJrSzUxM.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

I'm not very fond of other people.

These things don't help me to reconsider my position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Just remember. Jenner killed a person and got away with it. Not on topic just think Jenner is scum.

And also got the woman of the year award after that

And today we got a trans logo for the Paris Olympics. What is going on in this world ?

https://img.lemde.fr/2019/10/21/0/0/2954/2954/688/0/60/0/4720a24_xOn_i9bVmi4i4W6jPJrSzUxM.png

That's actually a very clever logo, I don't see the trans in it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Be nice if the outrage fücknuggets on all sides of these tedious campaigns decided to boycott the internet. For ever, preferably.

+_2bb624617a1ccc767de13c84dc40541a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It's true, men do use them.
    It wasn't the first time, however, that Lennon raised a ruckus at the Troubadour. A month earlier, Rolling Stone reported that a similarly inebriated Lennon, at the club to see soul singer Ann Peebles, somehow ended up with a sanitary napkin attached to his forehead. "Do you know who I am?" Lennon said, when a waitress questioned why he wasn't leaving a tip on the way out. "Yes," the waitress reportedly shot back. "You're some asshole with a Kotex on your head."

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/john-lennon-harry-nilsson-troubadour/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

If it's a gender neutral toilet, there is a chance that any shade of blue would not be acceptable, and who knows, may even be met with brown in protest.

Maybe I should go with yellow, but then there's probably some problem with that. Now if only there were a handy list of things that are deemed offensive that would be useful. But I suppose with the number of things being considered offensive on a weekly basis they'd have to update the list constantly.

Transgender cyclist ''Rachel'' who has won the title has lashed out against critics and has claimed women are either equal or they aren't. The guy is a Dr in philosophy who still has all his man bits but decided that he is a she when he decided to take up competitive cycling. Them's the rules folks, men competing in women's sports can do so with all their tackle in place, so long as they reduce their testosterone level. It's unfair and it's insane. Young girls are dedicating themselves to sports, sacrificing a lot to dedicate the time to their training only to face losing time after time after time to a man who claims he's a woman because he's not good enough to compete at the men's level and the sports bodies are giving in to it. Imagine looking at your daughter putting in all that effort with no chance at all of winning against a man. At this rate the number of female athletes is going to fall when girls decide not to bother anymore and who could blame them?

blueshade wrote: »
    Transgender cyclist ''Rachel'' who has won the title has lashed out against critics and has claimed women are either equal or they aren't. The guy is a Dr in philosophy who still has all his man bits but decided that he is a she when he decided to take up competitive cycling. Them's the rules folks, men competing in women's sports can do so with all their tackle in place, so long as they reduce their testosterone level. It's unfair and it's insane. Young girls are dedicating themselves to sports, sacrificing a lot to dedicate the time to their training only to face losing time after time after time to a man who claims he's a woman because he's not good enough to compete at the men's level and the sports bodies are giving in to it. Imagine looking at your daughter putting in all that effort with no chance at all of winning against a man. At this rate the number of female athletes is going to fall when girls decide not to bother anymore and who could blame them?

McKinnon is a big ignorant cheating lardy knob-head.
    There. I feel better.

McKinnon is a big ignorant cheating lardy knob-head.
    There. I feel better.

Exactly. I'm getting really tired of hearing about equality when the reality is that some people are more equal than others. Some animals are more equal than others. One could suggest that we introduce categories for trans athletes but the reality is that there simply aren't enough of them for that to be possible. It needs to be acknowledged that sports are not a basic human right and being allowed to compete in a sport at a competitive level is not a human right either. No point talking about a level playing field for women when the winner of the women's competition is stood in first place on the podium sporting a massive erection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

What is more important now, rather than reacting fretfully to the fringe effects of this idiocy, is to delve deeply and smartly into the causes. Find out where this whole topsy turvy form of thinking came from, note the people who promoted the ideology.
    It is a very subversive movement that intended long ago to uproot the essential meaning of anything called truth or reality. It is deconstructionist, it aims to destroy the foundations of reason. Nothing is true, or more true than anything else, according to this movement. There is no ground zero, no essential meaning, no purpose, no inherent dignity.
    Gender theory is but one strand, which people like Judith Butler ran with, going wildly to the place where biological sex is torn asunder by moronic ideology even in the highest medical universities. There are many other strands, such as moral relativism, cultural relativism, the destruction of the literary canon, ultimately the dehumanisation of the human being. The roots of the thinking go back towards Georges Bataille, even the Marquis de Sade. Subversive perverts who somehow got a toehold in academic thought. It is a big story.

You're right that it has a long history, but social constructionist thought began taking over universities in a major way in the '70s and '80s, propelled by the rise of deconstruction, historicism, etc., and has only gained momentum from there.

Academic feminists have long promoted the argument that gender is historically, socially, and culturally constituted—but now it would seem that these efforts to theorize gender out of existence are causing real harm to real people.

• Advertisement

You're right that it has a long history, but social constructionist thought began taking over universities in a major way in the '70s and '80s, propelled by the rise of deconstruction, historicism, etc., and has only gained momentum from there.

Academic feminists have long promoted the argument that gender is historically, socially, and culturally constituted—but now it would seem that these efforts to theorize gender out of existence are causing real harm to real people.

Agreed . There is blame to be acknowledged by theoretical feminists, but they were largely used as tools.

There is blame to be acknowledged by theoretical feminists, but they were largely used as tools.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Who used them as tools?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Agreed . There is blame to be acknowledged by theoretical feminists, but they were largely used as tools.
    Ye i think the radfems have been fighting this the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

when society voluntarily (or via coercion) plays along in a lie, even if the intention is kindness, it has consequences.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Who used them as tools?

If you want to deconstruct a civilisation you got to get a first bite with the crowbar somewhere. The overall post modern movement used feminism as it was a strongly established early facet of identitarian politics. An example of the extreme extrapolation of one idea eg the labour of motherhood, from the early feminists, is the present thrust towards surrogacy and in some areas this is argued in a very radical way, almost a wombs for the collective type of thing. Eg as argued by Sophie Lewis.

Ye i think the radfems have been fighting this the whole time

Mostly it is the older feminists actually. The rad fems have come on board later, some of them. But far from all, look at the lesbians being removed from marches, meetings etc, often by third or fourth wave feminists.

Edit overall i have to say i am calling the backlash as having started with older gals of my generation and more. It was a seriously wtf reaction to the madness, some lost their jobs and all. Glad to say it is catching fire more generally though.

Mostly it is the older feminists actually. The rad fems have come on board later, some of them. But far from all, look at the lesbians being removed from marches, meetings etc, often by third or fourth wave feminists.

Edit overall i have to say i am calling the backlash as having started with older gals of my generation and more. It was a seriously wtf reaction to the madness, some lost their jobs and all. Glad to say it is catching fire more generally though.

2nd wave might be more accurate for me to say so?

Just came from a reddit thread where anyone objecting to the "period-havers" title got deleted and banned as "terfs" . Tiring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

I will never understand why stories like his are afforded the oxygen of publicity.

2nd wave might be more accurate for me to say so?

Just came from a reddit thread where anyone objecting to the "period-havers" title got deleted and banned as "terfs" . Tiring

Yeah in or around second wave, Im guessing. Im a feminist in the sense of an egalitarian, I just dont recognise modern feminism at all. Creeps me out.

• Advertisement

If you want to deconstruct a civilisation you got to get a first bite with the crowbar somewhere. The overall post modern movement used feminism as it was a strongly established early facet of identitarian politics.

Fair enough — but I don't think it's fair to represent feminists simply as tools used by a broader postmodern movement. Hélène Cixous, Luce Irigaray, Julia Kristeva, etc., were important instigators of the poststructuralist movement that led to where we are today. You already mentioned the attack on the literary canon, which I agree is important — especially given that the most prominent of its remaining defenders, Harold Bloom, died last week — because the poststructuralists figured out that if you can dismantle a culture's literature, you can go a long way to destroying its values. Feminists eagerly participated in the destruction of the literary canon as well.

Advertisement