Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo FAQs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

fritzelly wrote: »
    It will work - it's eir in everything but name
    Great news. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I just ordered a SIM. I'm with Lycamobile paying 15e a month for 25Gb data and free calls and texts. This offer seems too good to refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

HighLine wrote: »
    Can anyone post a link to GoMo Webchat? I have looked on every page and can't find it. When I go to fill in the contact support information box, it comes back with an error message when I try to click send.

Me too, overloaded or just ignored?

My question - how can you switch from eir?

I got through on the GoMo site to the chat, no bother, but see next post about switching

Great news. Happy days!

Yea?? If you are an existing eirmobile customer you have to 'leave' - anybody know how long that can take? if you sign for GoMo you pay €9.99 straight away, no automatic switchover.... "we are a separate company" is the GoMo refrain...., "we only use the meteor network...

As a general question, I see people saying that GoMo won't get 100k users, why?is there a better billpay deal....? Oh, I know the coverage is crap, but that doesn't apply only to eir/GoMO or anybody else. I live in a remote area, enough said, but €9.99 unlimited sounds ok. I don't care if they don't get 100k customers.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I signed up initially for myself earlier this week, now however the wife wants to ditch VF and move across. Does she have to sign up herself or does anyone know if I can apply for a sim under my gomo account now.

The GoMo site has an option for 2 sims, at 2x€9.99 a month

• Advertisement

Oh no it won't afaics, I was in the process of signing up to GoMo but discovered that you have to 'leave' eir, see my posts above.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

BarryM wrote: »
    Oh no it won't afaics, I was in the process of signing up to GoMo but discovered that you have to 'leave' eir, see my posts above.

Two totally different things
    Cancelling a contract and having an eir locked phone are not the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Two totally different things
    Cancelling a contract and having an eir locked phone are not the same thing
    Yeah, it's the same "network" but arguably not the same "operator". It's worth checking with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Davy wrote: »
    That's not what I meant obliviously. A lot of people much prefer to pay €60 a month rather than an buy outright for €XXX which is usually the cheaper option.
    Obviously you didn't mean 'obliviously' :D.
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Obviously you didn't mean 'obliviously' :D.
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

Or maybe he did...just forgot maybe a dash before it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

You're not oblivious as well, are you ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭seanbirkhead

Any one else having issues paying by Revolut or N26?

I paid with Revolut with no issue. IT was even the Revolut virtual rather than physical.

KOR101 wrote: »
    I live in an apartment. I assume the sim box fits in a small post box and that I won't really have to sign for it. Correct?

Mine was a package smaller around the size of a bank statement or utility bill and fitted in my letterbox no problem. I did not have to sign for it. It was delivered while I was at work.

markfinn wrote: »
    There must be some catch, but I'm willing to risk the tenner (or even the 20 if it takes a month to cancel) to see what it's like.

80GB of 4G data for a tenner... Unless it's utter crap is a good deal. I'm currently paying thirty something for 60GB.

GoMo vs Three data speed comparison
    <iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/14p1JLM3icYW039JV179NPOJqQmUVWIBM/preview&quot; width="640" height="480"></iframe>

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14p1JLM3icYW039JV179NPOJqQmUVWIBM/view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

video not playing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

How to Opt out of Premium rate SMS
    Customers can now opt of being able to send premium SMS, for example, to the Late Late Show Competition.

Mobile Customers can opt out by following the below steps:

Texting: PRSMSBAR to 50104

The above bar applies to shortcodes in the ranges 51XXX and 53XXX and applies to messages sent and received.

It can take up to 24 hours for this change to occur

In my experience I never get massive speed from eir but I akways get a consistent few Mb whereas three gave lots or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Escapees

Apologies if this has been answered already in another thread, but are you billed on the 1st of the next month after you sign up or after you port?

Also, do you effectively get a free month by signing up or porting on the 2nd of a month as your bill won't come for another month then?!!!

Finally, can you get a new SIM now but port for free at a later point when you've decided you're happy commiting?

video not playing for me

Try this then :

https://youtu.be/wbTANp1qz7I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Escapees wrote:
    Finally, can you get a new SIM now but port for free at a later point when you've decided you're happy commiting?

To do what you are suggesting requires you to get two sims as far as I can see.

It's a 30 day rolling contract with a 14 day cooling off period.

Port your number & if you are not happy in the first few days walk into a Three, Vodafone or Virgin shop & port to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭pms7

TheDriver wrote: »
    In my experience I never get massive speed from eir but I akways get a consistent few Mb whereas three gave lots or nothing.

3 used to be ok here, but now can be 0.5mb in the evening, but can get 10mb+ in the morning.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    To do what you are suggesting requires you to get two sims as far as I can see.

It's a 30 day rolling contract with a 14 day cooling off period.

Port your number & if you are not happy in the first few days walk into a Three, Vodafone or Virgin shop & port to them.

I believe you can setup the port at a later date. You can get the sim with the 085 number and try it out and then port your own number onto the account subsequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,851 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Does 2 step verification work on this? I know Virgin had huge problems when they launched.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I believe you can setup the port at a later date. You can get the sim with the 085 number and try it out and then port your own number onto the account subsequently.

I'm not saying you are wrong cos I don't know.

I'm not porting till middle next month but my sim won't be activated till my port date

Here is how I see it (I could well be wrong), Taking a sim & new number is one account. Porting a number at a later date to an activated card is a 2nd account. That's how I read it but I could well be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm not saying you are wrong cos I don't know.

I'm not porting till middle next month but my sim won't be activated till my port date

Here is how I see it (I could well be wrong), Taking a sim & new number is one account. Porting a number at a later date to an activated card is a 2nd account. That's how I read it but I could well be wrong

From their twitter account :

" you can sign up now and get a temporary number, then port your number onto it at a later date"

"That's right, if you choose not to port over when ordering a sim you can still port a number over to it later."

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭pms7

Are you sure about that? 48months was part of O2, now 3 and will only work in unlocked handset.
    It is part of Eir yes, but not necessarily mean will work in Eir locked phones..

jgbyr wrote:
    "That's right, if you choose not to port over when ordering a sim you can still port a number over to it later."

Thanks for clearing that up. I was totally wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Can anyone confirm a Gomo SIM working in a phone locked to Eir?

I usually buy unlocked phones from Amazon but would be good to know the above all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Del2005 wrote: »
    Does 2 step verification work on this? I know Virgin had huge problems when they launched.

Both Eir and GoMo work for me. I have an 085 prefix and Vodafone are having ongoing issues with encrypted texts to 085 prefixes. Three too, according to another poster.

Advertisement