Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I think Abortion should be prohibited under all circumstances. That's an unpopular opinion to hold these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

chicorytip wrote: »
    I think Abortion should be prohibited under all circumstances. That's an unpopular opinion to hold these days.

Although I would not be as staunch as you. I can see your point of view.
    But the genie is out of the bottle now (no pun intended) and it is obvious what it will lead to in future decades. It is a very complex issue.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,924 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Although I would not be as staunch as you. I can see your point of view. But the genie is out of the bottle now (no pun intended) and it is obvious what it will lead to in future decades. It is a very complex issue.

What will it lead to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

This transgender lobbying has gotten out of hand. Men do not have periods, that's all there is to it. Sanitary towels/tampons are called feminine hygiene products because they are for women, not for men who identify as women. If a man who identifies as a woman wants to try inserting a tampon up his urethra that's his own issue but now Always have decided to remove the feminine symbol from their range of sanitary towels in order to be more ''inclusive'' and not offend trans people.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/20/sanitary-product-brand-always-to-remove-feminine-logo-to-be-more-inclusive-10950757/

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

your wait is nearly over.

Ah well... shall we postpone the disappointment for 4 more years, or will we just accept that the team are dirt.

Can’t mix it with the big boys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

blueshade wrote: »
    This transgender lobbying has gotten out of hand. Men do not have periods, that's all there is to it. Sanitary towels/tampons are called feminine hygiene products because they are for women, not for men who identify as women. If a man who identifies as a woman wants to try inserting a tampon up his urethra that's his own issue but now Always have decided to remove the feminine symbol from their range of sanitary towels in order to be more ''inclusive'' and not offend trans people.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/20/sanitary-product-brand-always-to-remove-feminine-logo-to-be-more-inclusive-10950757/
    Infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,011 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

doughef wrote: »
    Ah well... shall we postpone the disappointment for 4 more years, or will we just accept that the team are dirt.

Can’t mix it with the big boys

They’re not dirt. They’re just not the best in the world. I’m fine with that. Lots of good days out, supporting the team. Maybe some day they’ll win the World Cup, maybe they won’t.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I think this is a case of the "false consensus effect" due to the internet. In real life, very very few people actually talk about transgender people (in my circle anyway) and I rarely meet transgender people.

Someone put it well on the internet when they said, why are laws being made for 0.1% of the population

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I supported same sex marraige in the voting, I am all for equality, be it race, sex etc. All people deserved to be treated equal.

But what pisses me off the most are these supposedly straight men who seem to be the ones crying the most over gay people, womens right etc.
    If these clowns really believe in equality then why do they feel the need to stand up for women, do they not think the women are not capable of standing up for themselves ? Women are not the week sex they would have you believe.
    Who really are the sexist ones ?
    Why do they think they have to stand up for gays, again, do they think the gay people cannot do it for themselves.
    Seems to me these people crying on behalf of others do so, not because the truly believe in equality, but do so because their own lives are empty and miserable and need attention.

I supported same sex marraige in the voting, I am all for equality, be it race, sex etc. All people deserved to be treated equal.

But what pisses me off the most are these supposedly straight men who seem to be the ones crying the most over gay people, womens right etc.
    If these clowns really believe in equality then why do they feel the need to stand up for women, do they not think the women are not capable of standing up for themselves ? Women are not the week sex they would have you believe.
    Who really are the sexist ones ?
    Why do they think they have to stand up for gays, again, do they think the gay people cannot do it for themselves.
    Seems to me these people crying on behalf of others do so, not because the truly believe in equality, but do so because their own lives are empty and miserable and need attention.

Or maybe they both care about equality and act on it.

• Advertisement

Or maybe they both care about equality and act on it.
    The point is, if women have no issue with something, why should a man have a issue with it.

For example, in Darts, there use to be walk on girls.
    Then some brainwashed men started complaining it was sexist, and soon the pc brigade were all over it.
    It was men doing the most crying.

The walk on girls who were supposedly being "victimised" spoke out AGAINST the ban, and said banning walk on girls was terrible.
    Walk on girls spoke openly how they loved that job, was a well paid job, they got to travel the world, and led to more work as models.

By banning walk on girls, they suffered financially, and their opportunities diminished afterwards.

So because of some men who screamed loud and often with the backing of the pc brigade, the very women they were claiming to care about, are now worse off.

How does that help women ?

The point is, if women have no issue with something, why should a man have a issue with it.

For example, in Darts, there use to be walk on girls.
    Then some brainwashed men started complaining it was sexist, and soon the pc brigade were all over it.
    It was men doing the most crying.

The walk on girls who were supposedly being "victimised" spoke out AGAINST the ban, and said banning walk on girls was terrible.
    Walk on girls spoke openly how they loved that job, was a well paid job, they got to travel the world, and led to more work as models.

By banning walk on girls, they suffered financially, and their opportunities diminished afterwards.

So because of some men who screamed loud and often with the backing of the pc brigade, the very women they were claiming to care about, are now worse off.

How does that help women ?

I find it hard to imagine men were the only ones complaining were men. Same with grid girls in f1. They got rid of grid girls no because there’s something wrong with grid girls. They got rid of them because they wanted women to aspire to be drivers on the grid, not just totty.

again you missed the point.

I understand if women aspire to be f1 drivers, but why should men dictate what women should work as ?
    That in itself is sexist. Men telling women what they can and cannot work as is the very epitome of sexist.

Have women not the right to choose to be walk on girls or grid girls ?
    Why should men dictate that

again you missed the point.

I understand if women aspire to be f1 drivers, but why should men dictate what women should work as ?
    That in itself is sexist. Men telling women what they can and cannot work as is the very epitome of sexist.

Have women not the right to choose to be walk on girls or grid girls ?
    Why should men dictate that

They have the choice to do those jobs IF f1 or darts are hiring. It’s not f1 or darts job to have jobs for them if they don’t want them.

The jobs were there for the women, they enjoyed doing those jobs, and have openly stated so.

now those women are no longer hired, financially worse off and said jobs no longer there because men decided it was sexist...not the women.
    Men dictating what women should work as or not work at, is in itself sexist.

The jobs were there for the women, they enjoyed doing those jobs, and have openly stated so.

now those women are no longer hired, financially worse off and said jobs no longer there because men decided it was sexist...not the women.
    Men dictating what women should work as or not work at, is in itself sexist.

It’s not f1 or darts job to create these particular roles for women. They’re free to do as they please.

But ultimately I don’t accept your premise that a Male only protest caused those jobs to disappear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I think it's for women who "identify as" men.

As if life were that straightforward.
    The whole thing is a nonsense, but it has very real and terrible consequences for women

They’re not dirt. They’re just not the best in the world. I’m fine with that. Lots of good days out, supporting the team. Maybe some day they’ll win the World Cup, maybe they won’t.

Ah yeah ... but no .

Hopefully loads of retirements, a few sponsorships evaporate, lack of kids brainwashed by sponsorship, some rugby clubs closing due to lack of interest .,
    basically an absolute decade of misery for the ‘goys’

That would be super

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I find it hard to imagine men were the only ones complaining were men. Same with grid girls in f1. They got rid of grid girls no because there’s something wrong with grid girls. They got rid of them because they wanted women to aspire to be drivers on the grid, not just totty.
    Can I be the Totty , Fairly rotund middle aged man . Sure I’m beautiful .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think it's for women who "identify as" men.

As if life were that straightforward.
    The whole thing is a nonsense, but it has very real and terrible consequences for women

Reason enough for me to boycott Always products.

Utter nonsense.

• Advertisement

doughef wrote: »
    Ah yeah ... but no .

Hopefully loads of retirements, a few sponsorships evaporate, lack of kids brainwashed by sponsorship, some rugby clubs closing due to lack of interest .,
    basically an absolute decade of misery for the ‘goys’

That would be super

God that’s bitter.

I’m happy to report Irish rugby is in rude health yesterday’s result notwithstanding. Plenty more years of strong Irish rugby for us both to enjoy.

blinding wrote: »
    Can I be the Totty , Fairly rotund middle aged man . Sure I’m beautiful .

Eh, you probably need to apply to f1 or darts and see if they’re hiring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The Prince’s and Princess’s of Brussels have replaced the Princes’s of Rome and Britain In Ireland .

God that’s bitter.

I’m happy to report Irish rugby is in rude health yesterday’s result notwithstanding. Plenty more years of strong Irish rugby for us both to enjoy.

Can’t wait ... it’s kinda like the English soccer team every time they go to a World Cup *

Expectations are crazy high .. then they crash out and the blame games begin !
    I love it !

* proper World Cup. Teams from all over the world with genuine fans. It literally is a ‘world cup’ and attracts that amount of attention.
    Not like the RWC.. that nobody gives a shi’* about

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

Surprisingly as a nation of sport lovers we are desperate in terms of success in various sports at international level, soccer rugby etc we rarely produce skillful players, I’m not sure why maybe it’s because we are innately conservative and that impacts on the teams we produce, coached out of kids etc, we are stale and boring to watch, or maybe it’s not in our blood to be creative in sport, we are essentially workmanlike in our sporting endeavors. Gaa doesn’t come into this opinion as basically we are playing ourselves and it has no international dimension to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Infuriating.
    Ye're both transphobic bigots! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Surprisingly as a nation of sport lovers we are desperate in terms of success in various sports at international level, soccer rugby etc we rarely produce skillful players, I’m not sure why maybe it’s because we are innately conservative and that impacts on the teams we produce, coached out of kids etc, we are stale and boring to watch, or maybe it’s not in our blood to be creative in sport, we are essentially workmanlike in our sporting endeavors. Gaa doesn’t come into this opinion as basically we are playing ourselves and it has no international dimension to it.

It is an interesting one...while you could easily explain why we do not succeed in Football, we do not have a domestic league that produces footballers to an international standard...but Rugby is the complete opposite, between the Leinster Schools and Leinster Academy plus Munter/Ulster and Connaught we have an excellent Academy system, the success of the provinces is a testament to that.

You have to say, that the existence of the GAA is having massive impact on our ability to produce enough top level Footballers and Rugby players...we "lose" a lot of athletes to a sport that only we play....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Although I would not be as staunch as you. I can see your point of view.
    But the genie is out of the bottle now (no pun intended) and it is obvious what it will lead to in future decades. It is a very complex issue.

No woman should have an abortion unless she wants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It is an interesting one...while you could easily explain why we do not succeed in Football, we do not have a domestic league that produces footballers to an international standard...but Rugby is the complete opposite, between the Leinster Schools and Leinster Academy plus Munter/Ulster and Connaught we have an excellent Academy system, the success of the provinces is a testament to that.

You have to say, that the existence of the GAA is having massive impact on our ability to produce enough top level Footballers and Rugby players...we "lose" a lot of athletes to a sport that only we play....

The GAA is great, it was about the only good thing many had for several decades but it undoubtedly hoovers up a lot of talent which would otherwise find its way to internationally played sports.

That is undeniable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

It’s a good point, as a small country our pool is divided between 3 main sports whereas you look at New Zealand for example their sport is Rugby and crucially it crosses the class divide, they all play it. I’ve a lot of respect for GAA and how it’s run at a local level, getting kids involved however on a personal level it’s not for me as it’s parochial/insular and would love to see what we could achieve as a country if the focus was on one main sport.

Advertisement