Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 11, 11 Max/Pro, 11R

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Guys this is the information I was given if it helps you

I was able to find out more information regarding the iPhone 11 pro 256GB. We are currently waiting on a new shipment from Apple but have not been given further information on a date from Apple on when the next dispatch will be sent out from them.

Apple are known to do this to drive up demand and looks better to Share holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

martin_g wrote: »
    Apple are known to do this to drive up demand and looks better to Share holders.

Urban myth unless you can prove otherwise

Yes Pro model is in demand but not as much iPhone 11 units Mr S, IPhone 11 out selling pro models, Apple increased production by over 10 million units of 11 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Yes Pro model is in demand but not as much iPhone 11 units Mr S, IPhone 11 out selling pro models, Apple increased production by over 10 million units of 11 only.

Where did you see that reported? I saw they had increased production by 10% but that was across both pro and 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Are you sure because if i go on to the Apple website the pro's/max are 2-3 weeks delivery, some of the 11's are in stock available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

So I sent my pro max back. On the back at the bottom. The seal looked slightly dodgy. Could have been just glue. Was not really that bad.

Was in 2 minds to send it back.
    On the day 13. I was like feckit. Will have to look at this for 2 years. Will just bug me. So sent it back today. New one should be on its way shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

A more simple explanation.

Storing more than 15million iPhones around the world for launch weekend while trying to stop leaks is a mammoth task. In the UK alone, they buy bandwidth with the delivery companies with dedicated drivers to just iPhone deliveries.

They expect to sell 35millions iPhones this month.

That's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

flexcon wrote: »
    They expect to sell 35millions iPhones this month.

That's insane.

That's a bit disceiving as they no longer release sales numbers per handset. You can still buy a brand new 6s from any network which tells us their either secrectly still manufacturing them or they still haven't managed to sell through stock from 4yrs ago.

That's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

That's a bit disceiving as they no longer release sales numbers per handset. You can still buy a brand new 6s from any network which tells us their either secrectly still manufacturing them or they still haven't managed to sell through stock from 4yrs ago.

That's insane.

Secretly? Where do you get that idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

That's a bit disceiving as they no longer release sales numbers per handset.

Should have been clearer. I have shares in Apple so I have to be vigilant to what's going on to some degree.

When I say "They" I meant analysts. Especially two specific guys, who normally get to within 1million right.

Source
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/09/26/iphone-11-iphone-11-pro-sales-strong-in-us-longer-wait-times-than-2018

Apple sold 13million iPhone 6s and 6s plus back in 2015 and it could be even more now but I decided to go for the lower assumption figure.
    Source
    https://intallaght.ie/apple-sells-13-million-new-iphones-in-launch-weekend/

You can still buy a brand new 6s from any network which tells us their either secrectly still manufacturing them or they still haven't managed to sell through stock from 4yrs ago.

100% not a secret. In fact it's well published at this point.

iPhone 6s is still being manufactured in India to allow Apple to sell the iPhone in India without very high import duties.
    secondary to that, it means the average cost of iphone in less in India where 3 months wages could be needed to buy the latest iPhone.
    Lastly the iPHone 6s is still a very fast a reliable phone if you want an iPhone without the higher costs.

source
    https://www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/apple-pushes-iphone-6s-with-made-in-india-campaign-1526280-2019-05-16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Pro Max in midnight green finally back on the 3 website, shipping in 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Shn99 wrote: »

Fingers crossed it actually will ship in ten days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Nice , you'll love it. I find the screen is the best i have ever seen on a phone even compared to my S10+, the S10+ looks dull and soft in comparison whereas the max is crisp and bright, better colours.

Anyone with Eir get anymore updates on their orders for iPhone Pro models mainly 256 gig models?

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Nice , you'll love it. I find the screen is the best i have ever seen on a phone even compared to my S10+, the S10+ looks dull and soft in comparison whereas the max is crisp and bright, better colours.

Looking forward to it. Coming from an X, are the battery improvements noticeable? I know theyre quite a jump on paper but whats it like in the real world?

Looking forward to it. Coming from an X, are the battery improvements noticeable? I know theyre quite a jump on paper but whats it like in the real world?
    unplugged my from the charger this morning (11pro non max).

screen on: 4h 51m
    screen off: 3h 32m

73% battery power, haven't charged since this morning.

*edit* these values will have included hours I used the phone last night as there isn't a "show me usage since I last charged" view

unplugged my from the charger this morning (11pro non max).

screen on: 4h 51m
    screen off: 3h 32m

73% battery power, haven't charged since this morning.

*edit* these values will have included hours I used the phone last night as there isn't a "show me usage since I last charged" view

Impressive, im on 2h 12m of screen on time since this morning and on 42%

Just to note as well, I have one app that has "always allow" on my location (Carrot Weather for complication on Apple Watch), and zero apps that have bluetooth access. mileage may vary etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I’m getting two days out of a single charge handy enough. I use google maps constantly on my commute in and out of work, around 2hrs 35 minutes a day. Currently at 65% with 4h 20m screen on time and 1h 55m screen off. Mines a pro max.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Anitajinks

Any update on Pro max on Vodafone network. Have an upgrade due and no sign of stock since unveiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anitajinks wrote: »
    Any update on Pro max on Vodafone network. Have an upgrade due and no sign of stock since unveiling.

I was in their store yesterday asking the same question. They said they just got stock of the 11 in yesterday but no sign or date for the Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GFF

Anyone with Eir get anymore updates on their orders for iPhone Pro models mainly 256 gig models?

Any luck with Eir ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭digiman

Bought the 256Gb midnight green Pro Max this week while in the states. All the Apple unlocked ones were sold out but I bought a Verizon one instead. It’s fully unlocked , only difference I think is that it had a Verizon SIM card in the phone when I got it.

Don’t have proper stats from the last 2 days but I had the XS Max and the battery is substantially better to be honest. I got through a day and a half with it while travelling back home which involved using it for several hours while travelling on a 9 hour flight home.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

digiman wrote: »
    Bought the 256Gb midnight green Pro Max this week while in the states. All the Apple unlocked ones were sold out but I bought a Verizon one instead. It’s fully unlocked , only difference I think is that it had a Verizon SIM card in the phone when I got it.

Don’t have proper stats from the last 2 days but I had the XS Max and the battery is substantially better to be honest. I got through a day and a half with it while travelling back home which involved using it for several hours while travelling on a 9 hour flight home.

Did you know the Verizon version was unlocked before you bought?
    I never knew that and I’d be crapping myself that it didn’t work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭digiman

kceire wrote: »

Did you know the Verizon version was unlocked before you bought?
    I never knew that and I’d be crapping myself that it didn’t work properly.

Of course, had done my research on it!! I was just surprised it was in stock while all the other apple unlocked ones were out of stock.

There are a couple of frequencies that are not supported on the Verizon phone but they are not used in Ireland anyway so it doesn’t make any actual difference. Saved exactly €200 as well which was pretty class

Was on the phone to 3 on Friday and they said they were expecting a full restock on the 17th so maybe the same for other networks?

Of course, had done my research on it!! I was just surprised it was in stock while all the other apple unlocked ones were out of stock.

There are a couple of frequencies that are not supported on the Verizon phone but they are not used in Ireland anyway so it doesn’t make any actual difference. Saved exactly €200 as well which was pretty class

Yes that’s always nice. I’ve bought a few in NYC over the years myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

My brother is in NYC so I was wondering would it be better to ask him to get me an iPhone pro max there. I can’t find any website comparing Irish pricing. I’m out of contract so am debating between buying the phone outright or going on a bill pay package.

Gangu wrote: »
    My brother is in NYC so I was wondering would it be better to ask him to get me an iPhone pro max there. I can’t find any website comparing Irish pricing. I’m out of contract so am debating between buying the phone outright or going on a bill pay package.

Yes better.
    But spare us with the “can’t find any website to compare” :)

It’s as easy as https://www.apple.com/ie/ V https://www.apple.com/

Work our exchange rate and don’t forget to add on the 8.75% sales tax to the NYC price.

• Advertisement

I would also calculate the cost of vat and import duty. I know people get away with a lot but in the last two months I’ve gone through customs in Dublin on four occasions and have been pulled by a custom officer 3 out of those 4 times.

Advertisement