Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm not sure what's the funniest, the idea of the gadget, or the warning label!

It's not a wireless seatbelt, it's a clip to stop the seatblt alarm.
    Your photo is potato quality, so hard to read. But the full warning label says;

61yuErfuDjL._SL1001_.jpg

So a safety override feature, great, something to give to someone you don't mind losing.

So a safety override feature, great, something to give to someone you don't mind losing.
    It's presumably to people who need to carry objects on the seat regularly. hense the warning. I'm not sure why you'd be giving it to anyone, pretty crap present.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,252 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mellor wrote: »
    It's presumably to people who need to carry objects on the seat regularly. hense the warning. I'm not sure why you'd be giving it to anyone.
    If the object is big enough to trigger the seat sensor, it should be restrained, otherwise it becomes a liability when going around corners, etc. and missile in the event of a collision.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,640 ✭✭✭✭josip

Had a friend who had a faulty sensor and was using one of these when the passenger seat was empty

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Hmmm what's with the name change?
    Over the months, I kept misreading the title, so I suggested to New Home that it be changed. It seems it took thousands of users 36 hours to notice. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I noticed that it was changed a couple of days ago- I just assumed it was some mod in-joke that I wasn't privy to.

Victor wrote: »
    If the object is big enough to trigger the seat sensor, it should be restrained, otherwise it becomes a liability when going around corners, etc. and missile in the event of a collision.
    I'm not suggesting it's a good idea, i'm explaining what it used for.

Personally, I don;t think restraining random obejects with seatbelts is safe either. If it's heavy enough to set off the sensor it should be on the floor in the back or in the boot, depending on the object.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Victor wrote: »
    Over the months, I kept misreading the title, so I suggested to New Home that it be changed. It seems it took thousands of users 36 hours to notice. :)

Noticed it straight off I reckon - as hadn't been on the thread. Do I get the prize for spotting it ;)

Anyways I don't get it tbh. Was it not tabnabs who suggested the original version? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

I don’t understand why you would misread laugh as lunch

I forgot to lunch doesn’t really make sense

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

wally79 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why you would misread laugh as lunch

I forgot to lunch doesn’t really make sense

It does if you use the words to lunch as a verb as in 'I lunched with Charlize Theron on Thursday'.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Re: the safety belt thing, some people do get exemptions - if you have a medical reason not to be wearing one (for instance, people with a pacemaker/defibrillator installed and a medical cert to prove that they'd be at risk from wearing a safety belt), then you can safely use one of those.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have been meaning to get that annoying seatbelt bell disconnected for a while.

New Home wrote: »
    then you can safely use one of those.
    Unfortunate choice of words.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It does if you use the words to lunch as a verb as in 'I lunched with Charlize Theron on Thursday'.

Erm? But why the change from the original poll result - I dont believe there was any mass confusion tbh..

Anyway 'lunch' still doesn't make much sense. But hey them a lot of stuff hereabouts might be like that!

Re: the safety belt thing, some people do get exemptions - if you have a medical reason not to be wearing one (for instance, people with a pacemaker/defibrillator installed and a medical cert to prove that they'd be at risk from wearing a safety belt), then you can safely use one of those.

Also my friend had to use one when her dog was in the car. He had his own seatbelt attached to his harness of course but there's still enough freedom of movement that he could move to the next seat and set off the alarm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Erm? But why the change from the original poll result - I dont believe there was any mass confusion tbh..

Anyway 'lunch' still doesn't make much sense. But hey them a lot of stuff hereabouts might be like that!

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/lunch#

Yes thank you - I do understand the word lunch ;). In context of the title though the change still makes no sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

giphy.gif?cid=790b761103eb1f48e186265b9f606b2169e2ef68762fb0cf&rid=giphy.gif

It makes as much sense as before. One verb was swapped for another. That is all. I don't get what you don't get. Don't mean this in a polemic way, I really don't understand.

• Advertisement

d555wi8-b5dbb5dc-ce64-4699-9d9a-3204b3f80620.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU0ZTlkYjQ3LTEyODctNDM1Zi1iYTE4LTFkNzlhYzBkNmUxMlwvZDU1NXdpOC1iNWRiYjVkYy1jZTY0LTQ2OTktOWQ5YS0zMjA0YjNmODA2MjAuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.2mPaGDfKLb3UvU7hLCVwAiAZPDZoITjpZfJLkX4xMZ8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

how it comes across to me now is
    So Vegan it turned me off my food

d555wi8-b5dbb5dc-ce64-4699-9d9a-3204b3f80620.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU0ZTlkYjQ3LTEyODctNDM1Zi1iYTE4LTFkNzlhYzBkNmUxMlwvZDU1NXdpOC1iNWRiYjVkYy1jZTY0LTQ2OTktOWQ5YS0zMjA0YjNmODA2MjAuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.2mPaGDfKLb3UvU7hLCVwAiAZPDZoITjpZfJLkX4xMZ8

"Does not LUNCH", more like it.

Nah - Simply a lighthearted riposte ;)

Just a query why change at all? And we've lost the continued context (with the one exception of thready McThreadface!)
    YLYL 9. So Vegan forgot to Laugh
    YLYL 8: Thready McThreadface
    You Laugh You Lose 7: The LMFAO hahaha Laugh Extravaga
    YLYL6-LOLrollerercoaster
    YLYL5-LOLllollygagging
    YLYL4-LOLlapalooza
    YLYL3-LOLmageddon
    YLYL2
    YLYL1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just a query why change at all? And we've lost the continued context (with the one exception of thready McThreadface!)

Skip to 1:45. This is how the YLYL numbering system should be going forward.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Noticed it straight off I reckon - as hadn't been on the thread. Do I get the prize for spotting it ;)

Anyways I don't get it tbh. Was it not tabnabs who suggested the original version? :confused:

I suggested it and the good folks of Boards voted it a winner. Not sure why it needs to be changed, especially when a new thread is just around the corner?

YLYL10 I think it should say YOLO instead... ;)

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I suggested it and the good folks of Boards voted it a winner. Not sure why it needs to be changed,
    It was a light-hearted prank / giggle. It can be changed back.
    especially when a new thread is just around the corner?
    All the more reason.

I suggested it and the good folks of Boards voted it a winner.

Repeal the 8th was a better title in the first place;)

Anyway what happened to all the vegan posts?

Look, when we accepted to become mods we were promised... let's just say "stuff". "Stuff" wasn't delivered. We have to get our kicks from somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I suggested it and the good folks of Boards voted it a winner. Not sure why it needs to be changed, especially when a new thread is just around the corner?

YLYL10 I think it should say YOLO instead... ;)

YOLO - You only laugh once?

Advertisement