Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

The glass table top has smashed.
    Thanks, i had seen that but didn't think that was the funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Was it that they just left the glass there and balanced the new monitor on the metal bars?

NBTD wrote: »

It's more of a "oh sh!t" moment, than a funny.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I thought they might have been playing a computer game, lost, and overreacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

450?cb=20121205194057

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

NBTD wrote: »
    'Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.'
    - Mel Brooks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

'Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.'
    - Mel Brooks

"To be, or not to be..."

- Mel Brooks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bootup wrote: »
    G5boONW.gif

“I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this.”

- Emo Philips

With those number plates?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Doesn't look like a German reg tbh. I's say more likely Austrian (assuming the writing on the side of the van is German, which it does seem to be). St Polten possibly.

(Obviously that's being nerdy at the expense of the joke!)

New Home wrote: »
    With those number plates?
    I was looking more at the German text on the lorry, plates could be German ( they're not Russian), I can't tell.

The writing does look like German, but the number plates look Polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

544894.jpg

Looks like he got things handled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

Bootup wrote: »
    oemeanj.jpg

A little help?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Big Deborah never used to be big

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

wally79 wrote: »
    A little help?
    Little Debbie is an American brand selling biscuits and cakes. Little Debbie got high on her own supply and became Big Deborah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

546488.jpg
    That was actually a really smart answer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    That was actually a really smart answer :D

WRONG!

It just shows how stupid teachers are :D

Ah in fairness, I'd say 99.9% of those "student gives smart/funny answer" memes are bull**** and don't show anything about teachers.

But yeah, in this case, the bit in pencil is correct and the bit in green is nonsense.

• Advertisement

cdeb wrote: »
    Ah in fairness, I'd say 99.9% of those "student gives smart/funny answer" memes are bull**** and don't show anything about teachers.

But yeah, in this case, the bit in pencil is correct and the bit in green is nonsense.

I think the situation arises where someone thinks up answers, then creates the question to go with them, without actually checking what the answer to their question really is.

Well in this case, the answer (in pencil) to the question is correct though?

Well in this case, the answer (in pencil) to the question is correct though?

Thats my point :o no one actually checked if the answer they wanted fitted the question.

Given the poor writing level I would guess the answer is way above the level being assessed (unless a total fake).

But are you saying then that the teacher thought up an answer and worked back to get a question?

That would make this example a trick question of the type you simply don't see in school tests. I don't think that's plausible at all.

I don't think the whole thing is plausible to be honest, but if it did happen, I think it's just that the teacher didn't know the answer and has made a tit of themselves.

Well, it all depends on how much bigger the pizza is. It may turn out that both got the same amount.

my3cents wrote: »
    I think the situation arises where someone thinks up answers, then creates the question to go with them, without actually checking what the answer to their question really is.
    I think most of the answers are genuine. When I was doing my leaving cert mocks, biology was the last one. We got one question along the lines of "why are petri dishes inverted when growing bacteria?" I hadn't a clue and being a smart ar$e I wrote "because bacteria are like bats, they like to sleep upside down" :D I'm sure it gave the teacher a good laugh but she acted like she wasn't impressed when returning it.

my3cents wrote: »
    Thats my point :o no one actually checked if the answer they wanted fitted the question.

Given the poor writing level I would guess the answer is way above the level being assessed (unless a total fake).
    Kids are very literal and the question says "how is this possible?" so the child thought of the only scenario where it could happen. It didn't occur to them that the answer is that the question is wrong.

Well, it all depends on how much bigger the pizza is. It may turn out that both got the same amount.
    Well no - you're told Marty ate more than Luis. You can't go changing assumptions which are stated in the question!

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Kids are very literal and the question says "how is this possible?" so the child thought of the only scenario where it could happen. It didn't occur to them that the answer is that the question is wrong.
    The question isn't wrong.

The kid's answer is the correct one.

The teacher is wrong.

• Advertisement

The question isn't wrong.

The kid's answer is the correct one.

The teacher is wrong.
    Maybe I didn't word that properly but the question was "how is that possible?" and the answer is "it isn't", something the kid didn't think of.

Advertisement