Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

I think we are all rail-roaded as a society into things too quickly. It causes the tensions that's we've seen growing for the past few years. You can't change the world in a generation and think it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

You do realise the obese you are mocking are real people right? With feelings? Your comments and name calling is not only juvenile, it’s offensive all in the name of telling it “how it is”. How big and brave of you to shine the light and lead the way of realism! You think fat people don’t know they’re fat? Or don’t know how to lose weight? Fat doesn’t equate to stupid.

Your broad sweeping, insulting generalisations and the term “land whale” are something that I as an overweight adult am mildly stung by but Jesus I’d hate to be a vulnerable overweight teen reading your venom.

Edited to add: Ricky Gervais is a genius.

Ricky certainly isn't far from your first assessment above...

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/after-life-ricky-gervais-s-obnoxious-new-comedy-isn-t-funny-1.3826503?mode=amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

gozunda wrote: »

That guy in the paywalled Irish times article about one of Ricky’s shows definitely convinces me that he’s never funny. Especially the second time you posted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

:p
    Guy Person wrote: »
    Well first of all you are comparing the reaction you got to the reaction a professional comedy writer got for writing a comedic scene in a comedy show. They are not the same thing at all. I will post your quote in full below with the "joke" highlighted in bold. I admit I had a look at your recent post history and the below post seems tame in comparison to some of your posts. That level of anger is good for nobody, you should really look into that for your own sake. I presume given your hatred of fat people that you exercise regularly? Exercise is supposed to release endorphins that elevate your mood. You don't do it enough or you are doing it wrong.
    Yeah of all the nasty, psycho, woman hating, projecting stuff on this thread, that one was particularly loopy. Children can't help it when all they've been fed is junkfood. They aren't the food buyers or preparers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That guy in the paywalled Irish times article about one of Ricky’s shows definitely convinces me that he’s never funny. Especially the second time you posted it.

I wasn't replying to you btw. But yes the article is relevant to the point made about use of insult type comments. From the article.
    Nothing irritates Gervais more than someone who is overweight (another stranger is “a fat c**t eating like a ****ing slug”), or boring ... presumably because we most deplore in others what we dislike in ourselves.

If you find the paywall is being activated - simply google the title - that should allow you access. Works for me anyway ...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

You do realise the obese you are mocking are real people right? With feelings?

Your comments and name calling is not only juvenile, it’s offensive all in the name of telling it “how it is”. How big and brave of you to shine the light and lead the way of realism! You think fat people don’t know they’re fat? Or don’t know how to lose weight? Fat doesn’t equate to stupid.

Your broad sweeping, insulting generalisations and the term “land whale” are something that I as an overweight adult am mildly stung by but Jesus I’d hate to be a vulnerable overweight teen reading your venom.

Edited to add: Ricky Gervais is a genius.

what has your whiny essay got to do with the fact fat people are a burden on the health system ?

or in the majority of cases it is all self inflicted due to laziness and gluttony

or they are so obese they take up half the seats of the people misfortunate to be stuck next to them.

Are you trying to tell me these fact are somehow less true because obese people have feelings ?
    A lot of people feel exactly the same as I do, but wont say for fear of people like you whining at them and trying to make them out like they are wrong, but deep down you know what I say is true, and are in denial if you think otherwise.

I dont hate fat people, I pity them, there is obviously something mentally ill with someone who continues to stuff themselves day after day aware of how fat they are and do nothing to help themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Men are Blooming Marvellous .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

blinding wrote: »

I’d say that’s a fairly popular opinion :)

what has your whiny essay got to do with the fact fat people are a burden on the health system ?

or in the majority of cases it is all self inflicted due to laziness and gluttony

or they are so obese they take up half the seats of the people misfortunate to be stuck next to them.

Are you trying to tell me these fact are somehow less true because obese people have feelings ?
    A lot of people feel exactly the same as I do, but wont say for fear of people like you whining at them and trying to make them out like they are wrong, but deep down you know what I say is true, and are in denial if you think otherwise.

I dont hate fat people, I pity them, there is obviously something mentally ill with someone who continues to stuff themselves day after day aware of how fat they are and do nothing to help themselves.

Apology accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Apology accepted.

I don't think that was an apology. It was an explanation.

• Advertisement

I don't think that was an apology. It was an explanation.

Allow me to direct you to the dictionary definition of “sarcasm”.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

I despise Irish rugby and hope the all blacks hammer them on Saturday ...

Seems you can’t say anything negative about rugby these days.

Everyone’s a ‘fan’ ... but most people haven’t a notion of the rules .

‘Ireland’s call’ is a disgrace ...
    And it seems you only have to fly over Irish air space to be eligible to play !

As an aside (bonus points for extra unpopular opinions)., hurricanes in japan and people have died .., but their national team still plays ?

Absolute disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

blinding wrote: »
    Marvellous people are marvellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭KaneToad

doughef wrote: »

As an aside (bonus points for extra unpopular opinions)., hurricanes in japan and people have died .., but their national team still plays ?

Absolute disgrace

Do you despise all rugby or just Irish rugby??

doughef wrote: »

Absolute disgrace

I despise Irish rugby also and copped a week ban for saying i was happy when Japan beat them.
    I was told i was trolling because no one could say such a thing unless it was trolling.

Imagine being so stupid people think you wanting Ireland to lose must be trolling because it is impossible for them to actually believe it some people despise Irish rugby.

I despise the GAA mentality as well, and got banned on another site for saying that.

Freedom of Speech....it dont really exist, as someone will complain and you will be warned or banned at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

KaneToad wrote: »
    Do you despise all rugby or just Irish rugby??

Just the the Irish team ... and sure throw in Leinster too while we’re here!

No issues with any other team - but don’t like the sport at all

I despise Irish rugby also and copped a week ban for saying i was happy when Japan beat them.
    I was told i was trolling because no one could say such a thing unless it was trolling.

Imagine being so stupid people think you wanting Ireland to lose must be trolling because it is impossible for them to actually believe it some people despise Irish rugby.

I despise the GAA mentality as well, and got banned on another site for saying that.

Freedom of Speech....it dont really exist, as someone will complain and you will be warned or banned at some point.

You're on a privately owned discussion forum, freedom of speech doesn't apply. The owners game, the owners rules.

You're on a privately owned discussion forum, freedom of speech doesn't apply. The owners game, the owners rules.

Thankfully you are not the owner.

You ignored the point of my post, in that disliking Irish rugby is not always trolling, some people generally despise irish rugby, its players and its fans and saying such a thing is not only done to troll.

Got it now ?

You despise a lot of things it seems.

Maybe time to look at the angry common denominator?

You despise a lot of things it seems.

Maybe time to look at the angry common denominator?

I dont despise Rugby, just Irish rugby and its clique.
    I dont despise the GAA, but the mentality of its fans, hurling is a class game to watch.
    I dislike Golf as its pretentious

Other than that I dislike no other sport, and absolutely love plenty of them.
    Any person who loves everything would have some sort of mental deficiency in opinion.

You spouting nonsense that I am angry does not make it true, its only your opinion, which you are entitled to have, just like I am entitled to mine,
    You might grasp this eventually

• Advertisement

Thankfully you are not the owner.

You ignored the point of my post, in that disliking Irish rugby is not always trolling, some people generally despise irish rugby, its players and its fans and saying such a thing is not only done to troll.

Got it now ?

Just out of curiosity what thread did you share your insights on?

Just out of curiosity what thread did you share your insights on?

was the rugby world cup thread on here the day after Japan won, and said was happy japan won and ireland lost

I was told I was trolling and banned from that section fora week.

was the rugby world cup thread on here the day after Japan won, and said was happy japan won and ireland lost

So you go on a rugby discussion forum to share your dislike for rugby and you were surprised to be banned for trolling. The Mod was right, you were deliberately trying to wind up people same as the GAA thread. Be grateful you get more latitude here or you'd already be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

And you wonder why? :rolleyes:

You were told you were trolling because you were.

I know you think that's edgy and hilarious but it's simply predictable and boring.

I have no interest in Rugby, therefore I go nowhere near the Rugby World Cup thread. Why would I? Why did you?

I dont despise Rugby, just Irish rugby and its clique.
    I dont despise the GAA, but the mentality of its fans, hurling is a class game to watch.
    I dislike Golf as its pretentious

Other than that I dislike no other sport, and absolutely love plenty of them.
    Any person who loves everything would have some sort of mental deficiency in opinion.

You spouting nonsense that I am angry does not make it true, its only your opinion, which you are entitled to have, just like I am entitled to mine,
    You might grasp this eventually

I never said you weren’t entitled to your opinion.

Of course you are, your opinion is valuable but your delivery of it is abysmal.

So you go on a rugby discussion forum to share your dislike for rugby and you were surprised to be banned for trolling. The Mod was right, you were deliberately trying to wind up people same as the GAA thread. Be grateful you get more latitude here or you'd already be gone.

where did I wind people up on the GAA thread on here ?
    oh thats right , that never happened, but why let that fact get in the way of you making up stuff to suit your agenda.

This thread is not a rugby or GAA thread and is entitled unpopular opinions, which my opinion are, so belong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No discussing of mod actions on thread.

Thanks

Hmmm.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    No discussing of mod actions on thread.

Thanks

Just saw this. Noted.

• Advertisement

you seem to have difficulty understanding what "on here" means I see,

It does not surprise me to be honest

Advertisement