Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Hey, have you guys blocked me? Why is no one responding to my posts? :(
    U ok hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

pinkyeye wrote: »
    People who constantly give out about fat people secretly want to fcuk them.

Woohoo!!!

only a fat person would say something that stupid.

You can spit your nonsense, but I spoke facts.
    There are no fat skeleton
    They are a burden on the health system
    It is self inflicted
    They die younger.

So go ahead and counter facts with your nonsense cos you are fat and your feeling are hurt by the truth

If they die younger, surely they are in fact saving the State millions? Have you seen the price of pensioners lately?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

pinkyeye wrote: »
    People who constantly give out about fat people secretly want to fcuk them.
    Probably want to eat them or maybe some repressed sexual thing alright . After all if you impregnate a fat women she can survive a good while without grub .

If I was a paedo, I wouldn’t touch a fat little PS4 playing bollix.
    You are thinking about this stuff too much :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I Have you seen the price of pensioners lately?

Woodies have 10% discount for pensioners on Thursdays

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

If I was a paedo, I wouldn’t touch a fat little PS4 playing bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

Toto Africa is a quite bland, not ****e but not spectacular. Absolutely overplayed and not deserving of the joyous reaction from most when played

Now hold the line thats a toto song that I can get behind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

BDI wrote: »
    That’s what goes through the mind of a peedo?

Nah. That's standard land whale activity. A carbon footprint as big as their arse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I don't agree with the Health At Every Size movement or hugely obese people like Tess Holliday glamourising being the weight she is but shaming people isn't going to make them lose weight. Just like shaming smokers or alcoholics doesn't make them change, people will only lose weight if they want to. Obesity is a huge problem but I don't know what the solution is.

We could start by not saying it is ok to be the size of Tess Holliday.
    She's a disgrace and far from healthy.

A smoker may early in life have "healthy" lungs but that doesn't make it ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Yes there is, most women aren't worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

"Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots."

This is an opinion of John Adam's, the second president of the United States of America. He also played an important role in the writing of the US constitution. He had a profound understanding of human nature. With that understanding of human nature embedded into the constitution it allowed the US to become the super power that it is today, and ensuring that neither one man, nor a majority can reign terror on others through tyranny.

(Awaits list of all that is wrong with the US :pac:)

Would that be the all (white) men are created equal constitution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

"Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots."

This is an opinion of John Adam's, the second president of the United States of America. He also played an important role in the writing of the US constitution. He had a profound understanding of human nature. With that understanding of human nature embedded into the constitution it allowed the US to become the super power that it is today, and ensuring that neither one man, nor a majority can reign terror on others through tyranny.

(Awaits list of all that is wrong with the US :pac:)
    Fixed it for you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The 1980,s was awesome for chart music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Dire Straits was a much better guitarist than Slash was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

biko wrote: »
    People are getting stupider.
    In spite of access to the greatest source of knowledge since forever, people are asking more and more silly questions.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Idiocracy will turn out to be quite prescient the way things are going
    Dire Straits was a much better guitarist than Slash was.

'Mr Straits' was good, but he was no Mark Knopfler.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In spite of access to the greatest source of knowledge since forever, people are asking more and more silly questions.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

People never had access to such a resource until recently, so there is no way of comparing. And there is no such thing as the average person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The 1980,s was awesome for chart music

I reckon that'd be a pretty popular opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Rodin wrote: »
    All nonsense.
    Eat less. Move more.

We could have done with all these fat genes during the famine and I can guarantee that most obese people are not on steroids, have not had brain surgery and do not have ulcers.
    People are fat because they take in more calories than they put out. Repeatedly.

Treatment of obesity related disease is going to bankrupt healthcare systems worldwide.

“All nonsense”? Okay, Dr. Nick. :D

I said that most people are overweight and obese because they eat too much. Try and read posts properly before mashing the keyboard.

I merely questioned your faulty thinking that there are only two reasons for being overweight or obese. That is demonstrably not true. Even if the examples I gave were rare, they still exist and are really reasons. Being rare doesn’t invalidate them.

Just to clarify, to take one of my examples - are you saying that certain prescribed steroids don’t act as massive appetite stimulants for most people who take them? One type I was on, I was unusual in not getting that side effect. Are you saying that you know more than doctors and researchers when it comes to this drug? Another type of prescribed steroid causes Cushing syndrome. I started to get the beginnings of this whilst being on steroids. Luckily, I wasn’t on them for too long and its development was halted and reversed. I was on a calorie-controlled liquid diet at the same time as treatment for the same illness as the steroids were prescribed for. So I know for a fact that I wasn’t overeating at the time. The steroids caused the bizarre fat deposits I briefly experienced. Some people are on those long-term. Mine and their experiences are “nonsense”?

What an unbelievably arrogant stance to take that you think your opinion trumps science and observation. I mean, hold your uneducated viewpoint but don’t be throwing around the word ‘nonsense’ when your knowledge of the topic is so severely lacking. Thank fuck opinions don’t have to be respected.

Oh, and let’s drop the facade of voicing concern for the strain on the health service. I bet thin folks with unhealthy lifestyles don’t bother you at all. You don’t like fat people. That’s all it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

griffin100 wrote: »

I make joke about paedos and fat kids, I get a warning off the mods.

Ricky Gervais can do it and its called funny entertainment.

Maybe mocking the obese is not only unpopular, but too close to the bone to some people who think shutting me up will alter the facts of my posts

• Advertisement

People never had access to such a resource until recently, so there is no way of comparing. And there is no such thing as the average person.
    Well , I have met some mean ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Maybe mocking the obese is not only unpopular, but too close to the bone to some people who think shutting me up will alter the facts of my posts

Ricky Gervais is a gob****e

Reckon that's not an unpopular opinion though ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Well first of all you are comparing the reaction you got to the reaction a professional comedy writer got for writing a comedic scene in a comedy show. They are not the same thing at all. I will post your quote in full below with the "joke" highlighted in bold. I admit I had a look at your recent post history and the below post seems tame in comparison to some of your posts. That level of anger is good for nobody, you should really look into that for your own sake. I presume given your hatred of fat people that you exercise regularly? Exercise is supposed to release endorphins that elevate your mood. You don't do it enough or you are doing it wrong.

Wait til you hurt yourself and go to A+E and the queue is out the door due to obese people with self inflicted problems causing you to wait longer

Wait til you are sitting on a bus and some fat heifer lands her carcass on her seat and basically crushes you against the window.

Think how they smell of sweat and the affect it has on your nostrils.

You cannot even buy a 2 litre of the proper coke anymore , and chocolate bars are made smaller all because obese disgustingly fat whales are so busy stuffing themselves people who work out and keep fit must miss out because of their gluttony.

There are kids who are humongous sat at home all day stuffing their fat faces because parents are afraid to let them out and exercise, I doubt even paedos would touch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Greyfox

gozunda wrote: »

It certainly is unpopular as hes one of the funniest people alive. Having a pint with him would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

retalivity wrote: »
    Idiocracy will turn out to be quite prescient the way things are going

'Mr Straits' was good, but he was no Mark Knopfler.

I’ve said something similar about society and the movie idiocracy before, I really don’t think people realise how stupid some things we as a society accept or do.

But I do wonder is it more a case of attention and awareness more then intelligence. Every other week I find out things about myself or society that I am surprised about. Think of the marketing and propaganda that’s now like a magician keeping your attention on one thing while the real trick is hidden from you through misdirection.

Society today is setup to take our attentions away from what is or should be important but shallow , consumerist values drive us onto climbing the capitalist ladder of never being happy with what we have. Life moves pretty fast So people don’t stop and look around once in awhile and so miss a lot of it (who am I quoting? :D ).

Do we value intelligence? A simple way of looking at it is by seeing who are the richest and most celebrated people in the world. Stephen Hawkins was an exception in terms of celebrity status but I’m not sure he was a billionaire. Rich people and celebrities are not necessarily intelligent or talented. In many cases they are really good at exploiting the strengths they have or the opportunity’s they get. This is what we as a species value more then anything, we talk about values we don’t really care much to do anything about but cherish inconsequential things.

It’s kind it sad really, that on paper we have come so far as a species and have it traded in the power to really excel for junk values.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Greyfox wrote: »
    gozunda wrote: »

It certainly is unpopular as hes one of the funniest people alive. Having a pint with him would be awesome.
    Ricky Gervais is one of the few in media who is constantly speaking up for innocent animals. He hates any type of animal abuse. He despises trophy hunters. Guy is a legend. Animals have no voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Ricky Gervais is one of the few in media who is constantly speaking up for innocent animals. He hates any type of animal abuse. He despises trophy hunters. Guy is a legend. Animals have no voice.

Sure. Yet another unfunny comedian who would do what ever it takes for airtime. Doesn't impress at all.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/after-life-ricky-gervais-s-obnoxious-new-comedy-isn-t-funny-1.3826503

His trumpeting about animals doesnt impress everyone apparently

https://donchaknow.wordpress.com/2015/04/20/ricky-gervais-is-not-vegan-and-does-not-care-about-animals-can-vegans-please-stop-promoting-this-guy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I don't like Gervais's stand-up and he seems irritating in terms of his public persona, but his TV writing is excellent. Some of it unbelievably good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

You do realise the obese you are mocking are real people right? With feelings?

Your comments and name calling is not only juvenile, it’s offensive all in the name of telling it “how it is”. How big and brave of you to shine the light and lead the way of realism! You think fat people don’t know they’re fat? Or don’t know how to lose weight? Fat doesn’t equate to stupid.

Your broad sweeping, insulting generalisations and the term “land whale” are something that I as an overweight adult am mildly stung by but Jesus I’d hate to be a vulnerable overweight teen reading your venom.

Edited to add: Ricky Gervais is a genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Don't worry. The mods banned Ricky years ago.

Advertisement